“Tons of charm and an incredibly friendly welcome”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Weaverville
Weaverville Hotel & Emporium
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Weaverville
Bay Area, CA
“Tons of charm and an incredibly friendly welcome”
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I stayed here one night on Labor Day weekend. The place oozes charm and has clearly been a labor of love for the owners. Historical details are everywhere, with a certain whimsy. Beds are comfortable, showers have great water pressure and tons of hot water.

Being an old building the floors may not always be level and the walls are kinda thin but, hey, that's the way they built 'em back then.

I can recommend this place without hesitation to anyone who wants to experience the charm of the old west in this historic town.

I'll definitely stay at the Weaverville Hotel again next time I'm passing this way and have recommended it without hesitation to friends.

I have to make a special mention of the owners. You could not wish to meet a finer pair of Americans anywhere. It is very rare to feel such an authentic welcome. Great people!

Room Tip: Rooms away from Main Street are probably quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank nigel777
JeanneMuir, Owner at Weaverville Hotel & Emporium, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
I decided a while back it was time to acknowledge positive reviews too, and your kind words brought tears to my eyes. Thank you SO much. Life is a mirror: when you smile it usually smiles back. I bet you get a LOT of smiles! Happy trails to you... Jeanne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Cloverdale, California
Reviewed 3 September 2012

On a road trip to visit old friends and places from my husband's past and stopped at the Weaverville Hotel to see if they had a room available. This historic inn has been in business since the mid-1800's and was recently restored. Our room was charming, comfortable and quiet. Jeanne was gracious and helpful, taking time to tell us about the inn's history and a run-down of the restaurants in town. If you like historic small relaxing, we recommend the Weaverville hotel and town.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mamapajamamac
JeanneMuir, Owner at Weaverville Hotel & Emporium, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Thank you for your kind and encouraging words. Whenever I get discouraged, I go upstairs and read from our room journals, or go online and read reviews from people like you. I love my work and you (and others like you) are a big part of the reason why that is true. Thanks again, and with best regards, Jeanne
Sonoma County
Reviewed 26 August 2012

My wife and I have enjoyed staying here on multiple occasions. The innkeepers are very personable and friendly and the rooms are comfortable and relaxing. The building, decor, and even the music bring you back in time. The claw-foot bathtubs are wonderful and the lounge or outside swings are wonderful for relaxing with a glass of wine.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kasong
JeanneMuir, Owner at Weaverville Hotel & Emporium, responded to this review, 26 August 2012
Thank you SO much for the kind words which validate all we try to do here at the Weaverville Hotel. I had gotten in the habit of only responding to negative feedback, but that seems so wrong. People like you who encourage and inspire those around you deserve a pat on the back too. Your kindness spreads and grows, making this old world a better place. Life is indeed a mirror and I know you see a great deal of happiness coming your way. Thanks again and with warm regards,
Jeanne Muir and the staff of the Weaverville Hotel
California
Reviewed 16 August 2012

The number one criteria in choosing an hotel or B&B for us (or anybody with a sound mind) is:

Can you sleep at night? If not! As well sleep in your car in a quiet setting .It will be cheaper!

Since this hotel is on Main street (Highway 299) a well travelled road, I doubted very much it is as quiet as most reviews have suggested, if your room is facing that main street!

I sent them an e-mail inquiring ,which rooms were facing the Street and the ones in the back if any.

Having not received a response, I send them a second one in case they missed the first.

Their non response to both of them, tells me what I have suspected from the start, that any hotel located on a main street is going to be noisy .

Why have a contact e-mail, if you do not bother to respond?

I could not stay in a hotel with a management that is not up front about it. What else will they do if you stay there?

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peacefullcalifornia
I am so sorry for your negative experience. We take great pride in answering all email in a timely fashion, part of our effort to provide real hospitality in an increasingly stressful and fast-paced world, but yours seems to have fallen through the cracks. (I do wonder why you did not contact us via our 800 number. )

The only lodging not on Main Street in Weaverville is the Red Hill Motel, a particular favorite of fishermen, and with the best prices in town. Next time you are in Weaverville you will want to consider it. It is a 1950's style motel with individual cabins.

Again my apologies and with best regards,

Jeanne Muir
The Weaverville Hotel & Emporium
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We had an absolutely perfect two-night stay at the Weaverville Hotel and Emporium. Jeanne and Brian are cordial hosts, the hotel is deeply historic (in continuous operation for 150 years), beautifully furnished, and comfortably quiet. And it is right in the middle of the fascinating town of Weaverville, whose history (gold mining, Chinese immigration, California frontier) is everywhere, and whose very good restaurants and shops are always only a few steps away. A+

Room Tip: All are superb (and quiet). The Governor's Suite is splendid!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Charles J
Murrieta, California
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Exactly what DoctorPoisson said, including the 300 miles of twisties per day. We really enjoyed this trip back in time. Very well restored and the people couldn't have been nicer. The only negative for motorcycles was parking. We parked on the street with no problems.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Robert W
Rogers, Arkansas
Reviewed 24 June 2012

After two days of riding 300+ miles on the twisties of PCH and the mountain pass of 299, the warm reception at the Weaverville Hotel & Emporium seemed like stepping back into a pristine 19th century luxury hotel. Like a meticulously restored automobile, you can see the care taken in resurrecting this 150 year old hotel to its original form. The hotel is clean, packed with history, with some concealed modern amenities - but is true to the period. The owner quickly showed us around the hotel upon arrival, but sensing we were tired got us up to our rooms quickly. The beds are surprisingly comfortable and you could spend an afternoon exploring the historical books and memorabilia throughout the hotel, especially the sitting room. Upon arriving back from dinner, on the bed was a hand made truffle along with some literature about the area and the hotel. The owner obviously has a lot of pride as she should. For the money, I was blown away. I have stayed at 4 Seasons that showed less care. What a great place. Highly recommend it.

Room Tip: All you can eat ribs across the street! Use your Weaverville dollars!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank DoctorPoisson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weaverville
Indian Creek Lodge
#1 of 1 in Weaverville
49er Gold Country Inn
49er Gold Country Inn
#4 of 5 in Weaverville

Been to Weaverville Hotel & Emporium? Share your experiences!