“Top Quality Inn” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Weaverville Hotel & Emporium

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Weaverville
Weaverville Hotel & Emporium
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Weaverville
Willits
“Top Quality Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

I stay @ the Weaverville Hotel at least a couple of times each week for my business as I live in a neighboring county. Staying in this hotel makes it so much easier to be away from home. The staff are superior and friendly, and helpful in any manner that they can be. The facility is charming and clean and each of the seven rooms is appointed with turn of the century decorations. I have stayed in other accommodations in Weaverville, but this is always my first choice. I doubt you will be disappointed. A couple of things to be aware of when choosing this hotel; There is no elevator and all rooms are on the second floor. The hotel does not have provisions for pets or children. There are several good restaurants within walking distance. The courthouse is across the street.

Room Tip: Couples may prefer room 3 or 4 as they are roomy and quiet. Both overlook the old Courthouse.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Atticus38
JeanneMuir, Owner at Weaverville Hotel & Emporium, responded to this review, 30 December 2012
This comes late, but no less sincere: (Of course I recognize this frequent guest at our hotel.) If we could rate guests, he would get a five star! Always kind, courteous, considerate, and generous, we couldn't ask for anything more from a guest. Thank you SO much for your glowing review!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Sacramento
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012

This was a wonderful boutique hotel. I was hesitant to book this hotel thinking it may be similar to a B&B. I was in Weaverville for business and didn't have a lot of time for socializing. The looks of this hotel from the outside are very deceiving - you may not look twice. The inside is wonderful - it is a historic hotel and each room is individually decorated. No detail is missed - there are lovely plush robes for your stay, french soaps, evening turndown service topped off with a chocolate truffel. The beds are like sleeping on a cloud - I didn't want to get out. It felt very comfortable and like home, except that the invisible fairies enter your room each day to clean it and make it look beautiful all over again (this part is actually better than home). Also, as a side note, the hotel is on highway 299 and many semi-trucks pass through at night. However, they slow down through town and I was not woken throughout the night by any of them. Could be because I slept like a baby. I highly recommend this hotel...and this is the first review I have ever written!

Room Tip: The LeGrange room is my favorite - it has a living room, champagne tub and a flat screen. It is a l...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank CocoHSacramento
JeanneMuir, Owner at Weaverville Hotel & Emporium, responded to this review, 19 October 2012
Thank you SO much for the kind words about our hotel. I know I speak for our entire staff (couldn't do it without them!) as well as for myself and my husband when I say, you have made our day! Wishing you safe and happy travels, and hoping to see you again one day.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

As part of a 2 months driving tour around western USA we chose to stay a night in Weaverville. We're so glad we did and doubly glad that we selected the Weaverville Hotel a beuatifully maintained grand old hotel. Jeanne the proprietor could not have been more welcoming or helpful. She kindly upgraded us to the Honeymoon Suite (our 42nd honeymoon!) which was unforgettable and made us feel so welcome. Thank you Jeanne for being such a gracious hostess and for making our brief stay in your beautiful town so memorable. We highly recommend the Hotel to anyone intending to stay in Weaverville.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maragani
JeanneMuir, Owner at Weaverville Hotel & Emporium, responded to this review, 30 September 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. We were honored to be part of your celebration of your anniversary. Wishing you many more happy years together!

Jeanne
Bay Area, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

I stayed here one night on Labor Day weekend. The place oozes charm and has clearly been a labor of love for the owners. Historical details are everywhere, with a certain whimsy. Beds are comfortable, showers have great water pressure and tons of hot water.

Being an old building the floors may not always be level and the walls are kinda thin but, hey, that's the way they built 'em back then.

I can recommend this place without hesitation to anyone who wants to experience the charm of the old west in this historic town.

I'll definitely stay at the Weaverville Hotel again next time I'm passing this way and have recommended it without hesitation to friends.

I have to make a special mention of the owners. You could not wish to meet a finer pair of Americans anywhere. It is very rare to feel such an authentic welcome. Great people!

Room Tip: Rooms away from Main Street are probably quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank nigel777
JeanneMuir, Owner at Weaverville Hotel & Emporium, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
I decided a while back it was time to acknowledge positive reviews too, and your kind words brought tears to my eyes. Thank you SO much. Life is a mirror: when you smile it usually smiles back. I bet you get a LOT of smiles! Happy trails to you... Jeanne
Cloverdale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

On a road trip to visit old friends and places from my husband's past and stopped at the Weaverville Hotel to see if they had a room available. This historic inn has been in business since the mid-1800's and was recently restored. Our room was charming, comfortable and quiet. Jeanne was gracious and helpful, taking time to tell us about the inn's history and a run-down of the restaurants in town. If you like historic small relaxing, we recommend the Weaverville hotel and town.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mamapajamamac
JeanneMuir, Owner at Weaverville Hotel & Emporium, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Thank you for your kind and encouraging words. Whenever I get discouraged, I go upstairs and read from our room journals, or go online and read reviews from people like you. I love my work and you (and others like you) are a big part of the reason why that is true. Thanks again, and with best regards, Jeanne
Sonoma County
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

My wife and I have enjoyed staying here on multiple occasions. The innkeepers are very personable and friendly and the rooms are comfortable and relaxing. The building, decor, and even the music bring you back in time. The claw-foot bathtubs are wonderful and the lounge or outside swings are wonderful for relaxing with a glass of wine.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kasong
JeanneMuir, Owner at Weaverville Hotel & Emporium, responded to this review, 26 August 2012
Thank you SO much for the kind words which validate all we try to do here at the Weaverville Hotel. I had gotten in the habit of only responding to negative feedback, but that seems so wrong. People like you who encourage and inspire those around you deserve a pat on the back too. Your kindness spreads and grows, making this old world a better place. Life is indeed a mirror and I know you see a great deal of happiness coming your way. Thanks again and with warm regards,
Jeanne Muir and the staff of the Weaverville Hotel
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

The number one criteria in choosing an hotel or B&B for us (or anybody with a sound mind) is:

Can you sleep at night? If not! As well sleep in your car in a quiet setting .It will be cheaper!

Since this hotel is on Main street (Highway 299) a well travelled road, I doubted very much it is as quiet as most reviews have suggested, if your room is facing that main street!

I sent them an e-mail inquiring ,which rooms were facing the Street and the ones in the back if any.

Having not received a response, I send them a second one in case they missed the first.

Their non response to both of them, tells me what I have suspected from the start, that any hotel located on a main street is going to be noisy .

Why have a contact e-mail, if you do not bother to respond?

I could not stay in a hotel with a management that is not up front about it. What else will they do if you stay there?

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Peacefullcalifornia
I am so sorry for your negative experience. We take great pride in answering all email in a timely fashion, part of our effort to provide real hospitality in an increasingly stressful and fast-paced world, but yours seems to have fallen through the cracks. (I do wonder why you did not contact us via our 800 number. )

The only lodging not on Main Street in Weaverville is the Red Hill Motel, a particular favorite of fishermen, and with the best prices in town. Next time you are in Weaverville you will want to consider it. It is a 1950's style motel with individual cabins.

Again my apologies and with best regards,

Jeanne Muir
The Weaverville Hotel & Emporium
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weaverville
The Whitmore Inn
Strawhouse Resorts & Cafe
The Old Lewiston Inn
The Old Lewiston Inn
#2 of 3 in Lewiston

Been to Weaverville Hotel & Emporium? Share your experiences!