“Could not be better” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Weaverville Hotel & Emporium

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Weaverville
Weaverville Hotel & Emporium
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Weaverville
Portland, Oregon
“Could not be better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Weaverville Hotel during a road trip through Northern California. This was our favorite lodging. The hotel is lovingly restored with charm and an attention to detail. The rooms are comfortable, extremely clean and with linens to die for. Did I mention that the sheets are ironed? Be still my beating heart, it's true. As charming as the hotel is, Brian and Jeanne are the stars of the show. They are personable, knowledgeable about Weaverville and the area and just a delight to chat with. While Trinity County is a mite out of the way for someone from Portland, we definitely will return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zagtraveller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

This place is an absolutely gem run by the best innkeeper! Jeanne is sweet, warm, caring and down to earth. She thinks about the type of amenities that guests would like that make their stay a lot more comfortable. There were fluffy bath robes, slippers, bottled water, a coffee maker, beautiful artisanal soaps, lotions, and bubble bath in the room.

She even turned on the fire for us before we arrived so that we did not walk into a cold and dark room after a long drive. That's beautiful hospitality in and of itself.

The bed was so comfy with layers of soft, fluffy blankets and turn down service with the most delicious chocolates ever! So glad the bf practiced self-control and not eat mine…would not have been pretty ;-) !

I loved the champagne tub most of all, such a romantic treat to have a soak in an antique bathtub in your bedroom!

Ah! we can't wait to return but in the meantime, we highly recommend this establishment, you will not be disappointed by this absolutely gem (both hotel and owner).

P/S Don't forget to check out the telephone room [trip down memory lane - ironically it wasn't that long ago we used these ;-( ]

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Favoloso_M
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

This is a wonderful place, and Jeanne Muir really knows how to run a hotel. Spotless, love the authentic decor, creaky wooden floors, most comfortable bed ever. I visited at Thanksgiving, and the whole town really rolls out the holiday trimmings. The room has a little gas fireplace for heat, and when I came back every night during my stay, the bed was turned down, the fireplace was lit, and there was a huge chocolate truffle on a silver plate on my pillow. There is a resident dog, Jessie, who is a smart pooch, also very welcoming. If you are wed to your TV, don't bother staying here - there is wifi, but what a joy and a pleasure to immerse oneself in the authenticity of the decor, and the friendliness of the locals. Jeanne provides vouchers that are accepted at the local eateries, so one can stroll across the street and have a cappucino at Mama LLama's.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back are probably quieter - I stayed in the Golden Jubilee Suite which is right at...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MJWSanFrancisco_CA
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Arriving late on a Sunday night after driving from Portland, Oregon. Jeanne welcomed us with open arms. Since there had been a cancellation we were offered the Governor's Suite so glad we took it. From the marble fireplace, to the New Champagne tub, we were surrounded with lovely antiques and total comfort. Only an hour west of Redding, well worth the time and drive to visit this lovely town and unique hotel. Hope you enjoy your visit as much as we did. Cheers

• Stayed November 2013
Medford, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

We throughly enjoyed our stay in this beautiful little hotel and the gracious owners who made our stay so pleasant. The Halloween celebration the town merchants host was delightful and the dinner at La Grange was delicious. It was such a joy to come back to our wonderful room after all day hiking in Canyon Creek. The bed was so very comfortable and the chocolates were yummy. What a treat our little getaway turned out to be.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Salmon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

I travel for business throughout the west and do a lot of driving. It is wonderful to come across such friendly and comfortable accomadations as the Weaverville Hotel and Emporium. I was in Burns, Oregon and was looking for a different route to Arcata, Ca and decided to call this hotel as it was on 299 (a new hwy for me). Jeanne answered and was very gracious and offered a nice midweek rate so I decided to take the chance and try her hotel and the town of Weaverville. It was a great decision. Jeanne booked me in Room 4 or Corona de Oro, named after a Trinity County Gold Mine, and it was just perfect. I loved the champagne tub, which I immediately filled with hot water and turned on the bubbles and proceeded to soak away the road miles. After cleaning up I went across and had a grand dinner at La Grange Restaurant where I used one of the $5 coupons that Jeanne gave me. After dinner I had a cup of peppermint tea and looked at the World Atlas in the front parlor of the hotel. There was a bookcase stocked with lots of great books, a pump organ, and a record player. Very classy. I had a very comfortable night sleep in a super nice bed and then in the morning had a flavorful cup of french roast coffee with fresh 1/2 and 1/2 then went across the street to a local gym and worked out. The gym was included in the room rate. After the workout another soak in the champagne tub and I was ready for breakfast. With another $5 coupon from Jeanne I had three restaurants to choose from all within walking distance. I was so glad that I had decided to travel on the scenic 299. I have had so many generic motel stays that spending the night at this homey and distinctive hotel was so refreshing. Thanks Jeanne for a great stay and the nice conversations.

Room Tip: Ask Jeanne to suggest a room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

The original plan to stay one night turned into three. Jeanne must be the most charming landlady we have come across during our travels. The hotel rooms are equipped with such care and taste, really fabulous bed and the facilities were all there (we loved the little telephone room at the top of the stairs, and the lounge with the piano that only works when you pedal like a looney). On a rainy day, or when in doubt, one can spend hours in the Emporium downstairs, what a fantastic treasure trove! It really felt like coming home rather than staying in a hotel, and if it hadn't been for the drunks at 4.30am or so deciding to holler we would have slept beautifully (nevermind, we travel with earplugs and one of us is indeed a light sleeper). Absolutely recommendable, in fact one would rather keep this secret jewel to oneself ! Thanks Jeanne, for making us feel at home, and say hello to the chocolate fairy! We miss her and also hugging Jessie.

Room Tip: Possibly number 6 is the furthest away from the road and might be the quietest? Not sure.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SabOxon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weaverville
Indian Creek Lodge
#2 of 3 in Lewiston
The Whitmore Inn
The Whitmore Inn
#1 of 1 in Weaverville

Been to Weaverville Hotel & Emporium? Share your experiences!