Motel Trinity
Indian Creek Lodge(Douglas City)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$74
Hotwire.com
US$73
US$67
Travelodge Redding CA(Redding)(Great Value!)
US$102
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsone nightroom was cleanfixtures49erfridgespaamenities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Stayed at this dated locally operated motel while on a motorcycle trip with friends. It was very convenient to downtown Weaverville. The rooms are small and spartan, but the bed was comfortable. If you are looking for an inexpensive night's sleep and don't need much in the way of amenities, the Motel Trinity will suffice. It is a good choice for motorcyclists, if you like to be able to park your bike directly in front of your room. They also offer a towel to wipe off your bike in the morning.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Larry G
Reviewed 2 September 2012 via mobile

We stopped on the spur of the moment to stay the night. All nonsmoking hotel yet someone definitely smoked in it before. Older and quite dated but room had microwave, frig. And coffee pot. Pool looked very nice although we did not swim. Owner was very nice upon checking in. Bed was comfortable but more pillows would have been better. It worked for the night but I tried not to look too close.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Despite previous poor reviews, our experience was delightful. An older but quaint motel with owners that go above and beyond to make your stay comfortable. Family owned with 24/7 access to front desk. Pool was sparkling. Refrigertor/microwave/coffee. Bring your own hairdryers, shampoo, conditioner. Beds very comfortable. A pleasant surprise and would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carol H
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Motel Trinity is disgusting! My husband and I were visiting over the fourth of July weekend 2012. My parents booked a room with 2 beds for us all to share. When my husband and I finally got to town my parents were already at Lowden Park enjoying the 4th of July festivities. My mom had left the key under the mat for us. We let ourselves in and immediately the phone started ringing. My husband answered and the voice on the other end asked, "Are you staying here?" My husband replied yes and she said, "You need to come to the office!" and hung up. So rude! I went to the office and the lady immediately started grilling me. "How many people are staying in that room?" I replied 4 - me, my husband and my parents. She carried on to say she say some other people in the room that day. I calmly stated that my sister and her friend picked up my parents earlier and that is probably who she saw. She then went on to say that each room can only have 1 car in the parking lot so one of our cars needed to be moved. I said ok. She was totally rude about everything and finally after realizing I wasn't the devil she started to be nice toward the end of the conversation. However, she had already left a bad taste in my mouth and I wasn't impressed.

Upon entering, the room felt dark and dirty. Kind of like it haven't been cleaned in years. I figured we were only there for the night and I didn't expect even a 3 star hotel so I ignored it. However, we refused to walk around barefoot and both kept our socks on.

My husband and I got back to the motel around 1:30 am and were preparing for bed. We always take the top cover off beds at motels/hotels like this (as we assume they are probably rarely cleaned), and after doing so we noticed the blanked underneath had what looked like cigarette burns all over it and random stains. It looked so dingy and disgusting we decided to sleep without it as well. Well, this is where it gets bad. Now we are down to the sheets and even those look dirty! They had stains all over....and human hair and crumbs? I was so disgusted. I couldn't help but to think that these sheets had not been washed from the last guests who occupied the room. I was almost in tears. Lucky for my husband that he had had a few drinks that evening so he was a bit more relaxed than me! We shook out the sheets but I was still so reluctant to get in the bed assuming I'd wake up with a rash, bed bug bites or worse. We got in anyway considering we had nowhere else to go at 1:30 in the morning but neither of us moved a bit once we were in (in an attempt to minimize our exposure to more of the bed/sheet surface). My husband also slept with his socks on (which he never does). We both slept terribly that night. I couldn't wait for it to be morning just so I could get out of there! SO GROSS!

If you are going to stay in Weaverville during a holiday like the 4th of July or for graduation or anything, my advice is to book early and anywhere else in town except for here! Not only is it gross, but they jack up their rates during busy season. So not only was it a terrible experience but we were thoroughly ripped off!

Just a side note, they advertise that this is a AAA approved motel. I don't know how AAA could approve this place! Someone should write them a letter!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank KMeis
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Even though the lady at the front desk (I think the owner) is nice and the location isdecent, I can't bring myself to find anything else positive about this place. I will not be back and I do not recommend it. Even for a cheap motel in a small town, you can find other options: I''ve been to other cheap motels in NorCal that are much better than this one.

We get our share of cheap motels in the CA country and mountain side, as we attend mountain bike races and do a lot of hiking, thus I feel fair saying that Motel Trinity is below expectation. The room has a strong musty smell; the sheets were old, with holes and so worn out that in some section they were transparent and they were also stained in multiple spots. They have the look of unwashed sheets and even when we asked for a clean set, they loooked the same. Maybe they just use cheap soap and cold water?! We also found hair on both sets of sheets, which is really gross, and a bloody stain on the pillow case and one on the sheet near the foot of the bed. We saw some of the other guests, who also attended our bike race, sleeping in their sleeping bag on top of the bed, because the place was so unpleasant.

The shower curtain is dirty, the plastic non-slip mat to put in the tub is so dirty that it disgusted me. The free interenet was so slow that it was like not having it, in fact it was useless. I gave it a "poor" versus "terrible" score only because the TV was large and it worked, all the lights worked, and the door locked.

Next time we are in the area, we will defintely stay somewhere else. Gross.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends