“Perfect Man Cave, not a Spa”
Review of Motel Trinity

Motel Trinity
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Weaverville
Motel Trinity
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Weaverville
San Francisco, CA
“Perfect Man Cave, not a Spa”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This motel is a study in contradictions, which I kind of like. Beautiful hanging flower pots, carefully maintained by the owners, a nice expanse of lawn with a venerable tree, a very clean outdoor pool. The owners are lovely and very nice. The room I stayed in was a throwback to the 1970s, with dark wood paneling, dark and much abused furniture, a kitchenette that had seen better days, an old carpet, a TV that could take VHS cassettes (!).....the bathroom was spotless though, and the bed was comfortable.
This is actually a perfect place for hunters and fishermen (of which there are many in and traveling through Trinity County). It is a perfect man cave. There is everything a guy could want, and a couple of chairs outside so that you can sit and smoke a cigar. The other great thing is that it is an internalized court, and so is safe for motorcycles (as has been noted) as well as for cars - Trinity County has seen a rise in petty thefts from cars so this is a great little safe haven.
A couple of general observations - it is true that the prices may be jacked at certain times of the year - but I do not begrudge the owners this - Trinity County is one of the poorest counties in California, and people need to make a living.

Room Tip: Room 119 has a full kitchen and light from both sides and does not have rooms on either side, so may...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank MJWSanFrancisco_CA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Ponce Inlet, Florida, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Driving into the night and not finding any available campgrounds we pulled into the Motel Trinity. We were thinking it would be in the $45-$60 range but it ended up to be $88. A bit pricey for what you get, but the bed and bathroom was clean and comfortable unlike the carpet.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bob F
Pasco WA
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I got to Redding on the train at 2:45a.m. My husband met me and we went to Motel Trinity to sleep until checkout (he'd checked in earlier). The room was clean, quiet and the bed was comfortable and stable (no wiggles or squeaks when my husband rolled over). We heard the people through the wall, but just enough to know they were up and leaving. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank LorPasco
Roseville, California
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Stayed at this dated locally operated motel while on a motorcycle trip with friends. It was very convenient to downtown Weaverville. The rooms are small and spartan, but the bed was comfortable. If you are looking for an inexpensive night's sleep and don't need much in the way of amenities, the Motel Trinity will suffice. It is a good choice for motorcyclists, if you like to be able to park your bike directly in front of your room. They also offer a towel to wipe off your bike in the morning.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Larry G
Red Bluff, California, United States
Reviewed 2 September 2012 via mobile

We stopped on the spur of the moment to stay the night. All nonsmoking hotel yet someone definitely smoked in it before. Older and quite dated but room had microwave, frig. And coffee pot. Pool looked very nice although we did not swim. Owner was very nice upon checking in. Bed was comfortable but more pillows would have been better. It worked for the night but I tried not to look too close.

• Stayed September 2012

Travellers are raving about these Weaverville hotels

Chico, CA
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Despite previous poor reviews, our experience was delightful. An older but quaint motel with owners that go above and beyond to make your stay comfortable. Family owned with 24/7 access to front desk. Pool was sparkling. Refrigertor/microwave/coffee. Bring your own hairdryers, shampoo, conditioner. Beds very comfortable. A pleasant surprise and would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Carol H
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Motel Trinity is disgusting! My husband and I were visiting over the fourth of July weekend 2012. My parents booked a room with 2 beds for us all to share. When my husband and I finally got to town my parents were already at Lowden Park enjoying the 4th of July festivities. My mom had left the key under the mat for us. We let ourselves in and immediately the phone started ringing. My husband answered and the voice on the other end asked, "Are you staying here?" My husband replied yes and she said, "You need to come to the office!" and hung up. So rude! I went to the office and the lady immediately started grilling me. "How many people are staying in that room?" I replied 4 - me, my husband and my parents. She carried on to say she say some other people in the room that day. I calmly stated that my sister and her friend picked up my parents earlier and that is probably who she saw. She then went on to say that each room can only have 1 car in the parking lot so one of our cars needed to be moved. I said ok. She was totally rude about everything and finally after realizing I wasn't the devil she started to be nice toward the end of the conversation. However, she had already left a bad taste in my mouth and I wasn't impressed.

Upon entering, the room felt dark and dirty. Kind of like it haven't been cleaned in years. I figured we were only there for the night and I didn't expect even a 3 star hotel so I ignored it. However, we refused to walk around barefoot and both kept our socks on.

My husband and I got back to the motel around 1:30 am and were preparing for bed. We always take the top cover off beds at motels/hotels like this (as we assume they are probably rarely cleaned), and after doing so we noticed the blanked underneath had what looked like cigarette burns all over it and random stains. It looked so dingy and disgusting we decided to sleep without it as well. Well, this is where it gets bad. Now we are down to the sheets and even those look dirty! They had stains all over....and human hair and crumbs? I was so disgusted. I couldn't help but to think that these sheets had not been washed from the last guests who occupied the room. I was almost in tears. Lucky for my husband that he had had a few drinks that evening so he was a bit more relaxed than me! We shook out the sheets but I was still so reluctant to get in the bed assuming I'd wake up with a rash, bed bug bites or worse. We got in anyway considering we had nowhere else to go at 1:30 in the morning but neither of us moved a bit once we were in (in an attempt to minimize our exposure to more of the bed/sheet surface). My husband also slept with his socks on (which he never does). We both slept terribly that night. I couldn't wait for it to be morning just so I could get out of there! SO GROSS!

If you are going to stay in Weaverville during a holiday like the 4th of July or for graduation or anything, my advice is to book early and anywhere else in town except for here! Not only is it gross, but they jack up their rates during busy season. So not only was it a terrible experience but we were thoroughly ripped off!

Just a side note, they advertise that this is a AAA approved motel. I don't know how AAA could approve this place! Someone should write them a letter!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank KMeis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weaverville
Indian Creek Lodge
#1 of 1 in Weaverville
49er Gold Country Inn
49er Gold Country Inn
#4 of 5 in Weaverville

Been to Motel Trinity? Share your experiences!