“A Wonderfully Easy, Relaxing Trip Into History”
Review of The Whitmore Inn

The Whitmore Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Weaverville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I recently had occasion to stay at the Whitmore Inn in Weaverville, Ca., an Inn that offers you the choice of a Bed and Breakfast or just a wonderful place to rest your head for the night.
Without reservations, I showed up at Innkeeper Noelle Roget's door at 9pm.
Graciously she opened her doors and allowed me to stay with her for the night. The room that was offered to me was clean,well-kept and beautifully decorated in the period.
The shower was large and the hot water never seemed to end.
Sitting on the wrap-around porch chatting with Noelle was an experience worth the stay on its own. The next morning i awoke to the aroma of fresh ground coffee and fresh muffins. Noelle then escorted me around the property and related the history of this 115 year-old Victorian Inn.. I was completely satisfied and will stay again the next time my business takes me into the area.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Waterislander

Reviewed 23 July 2010

We stayed at the Whitmore Inn two years ago with good friends and wanted to come back. They took us there again this year . It's such a beautifully restored 19th century home with a wonderful veranda (my favorite place to spend time with friends and drink wine!). There's also a hot tub on the property. The inn is surrounded by gorgeous flower gardens and trees. The hostess and owner Nolelle, is very gracious. If you want a trip back into the past with a great location, this is it!

Mary & Jerry,
Sandpoint, ID

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2010

My husband surprised me with a short but romantic trip to the Whitmore Inn. We stayed only one night but we had the best night. We were greeted at the door by Noelle, who allowed us to wander around this beautiful inn, and select a room at our leisure. The room and bed were perfect, as was the attention to detail. We could not ask for more from a B & B. The inn is in a perfect location, close enough to walk to town, enjoy a wonderful dinner and have a few drinks at the local bars. We also enjoyed the local artwork and stores, all within walking distance. Noelle had coffee and breakfast waiting for us the following morning. What a great birthday!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2010

I was staying at a less than desirable hotel on the edge of town and, on my jog, ran past this beautiful Victorian home with a wrap-a-round porch. A woman was outside picking flowers and putting them into a vase. I thought, That's were I'm going to stay, forget this other place. I wasn't the least bit disappointed. Owner, Noelle, does a great job keeping it turn-of-the-century beautiful and this century convenient (it's the only place in town that has good Wi-Fi). Each room is decorated differently, all of them very clean. Breakfast is simple and delicious, and unlike many other B & B hosts, Noelle is great for conversation and great at not being overly-conversant (which, personally, is my least favorite quaint thing about B & B's). Can't wait to stay here again. It's also right next to the farmer's market, so if you want to wake up in a beautiful old house, grab a cup of coffee and walk past an old church so you can buy fresh fruit and pastries, you're in luck.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2009

Albeit our stay was limited to just one night, the beautifully restored 1895 vintage accommodations, delicious breakfast, and genuine hospitality were nothing short of superb. The Whitmore Inn, with its off-street guest parking, is located on Main Street adjacent to the Weaverville historical business district and within a short walk to several good restaurants and locals pub hangouts. Our down stairs "Green Room", situated just off the dining room, was spacious, largely appointed in the period of the former home, and included both a queen and double bed and half bath. I personally found all to be top-notch with my only regret that my stay was entirely too short. I don't know when or if I'll have the good fortune to pass through this scenic part of California again but the Whitmore Inn will surely remain a must-stay way-point at the very top of my list.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2009

I unexpectedly had to travel to Weaverville due to the death of my grandmother. From the moment I contacted Noelle until the day we checked out, I was thrilled. The Inn itself was peaceful and serene. The decor and furnishings were comfortable and luxurious.

My 6 year old daughter traveled with me and for two nights she was in heaven at the Whitmore. She has recently been interested in the "olden days" and the "olden days" decor kept her fascinated.

The breakfast was simple and delicious and was enjoyed by not only my self, but by an Irish couple that was staying there also.

We are planning a family reunion and will be staying there again, I am sure.

April Parks

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2009

Every once in a while it is really great to find a place that lets you slow down and unwind. Nestled in the northern California Mountains, the Whitmore Inn and this truly is a place that everyone can enjoy. Located on Main Street and walking distance from downtown shopping, museums, historical sites and the County Court House. The Whitmore Inn allows you to enjoy the culture of this old town in a refreshing homelike atmosphere with so much to see in the area. Service is impeccable; rooms are very comfortable, roomy and clean. The wrap around porch is perfect to sit and enjoy the flavor of this step back in time to a romantic era of the old Gold Rush town. I think this is a must visit establishment.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business

Been to The Whitmore Inn? Share your experiences!