“Loved the Garden Cafe”

The Garden Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We were two couples on a leisurely day of hiking and sight-seeing and came upon the Garden Café in the picturesque small town of Weaverville. Our arrival was a very late lunch - just a few minutes before they took a break between serving sessions, but it was no problem for them to take care of us. The outside sitting area isn't huge nor is the inside - the whole vibe of the place is quaint, inviting, and friendly. Our outside table was toward the street but it felt private and secluded. Our choices included a funky (in a good way, with unusual toppings like tomatoes) Rueben sandwich, outstanding tomato/basil soup, and enormous Blue Cheese Burgers with Mushrooms, the special of the day. We were all more than satisfied by the portions, taste, and price. Our waitress Rachel was delightful - we had an immediate and easy rapport with her. She's wonderful. We'd come back to the Garden any time.

1  Thank BrianK609

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I found this by accident as I was fleeing the heat of Redding, I asked the everything omelet with no eggs, no problem
I asked for a smallish portion as I was riding my motorcycle to Fortuna from there
Well I got a full size one and what a meal, even the rye toast was exceptional
I thought I'd never be able to even put a dent in the huge portion, but it was so good I ate the lot, delicious
This will be my breakfast stop every time I'm passing, pleasant vibe and friendly couple who own and run the cafe

1  Thank Paleface07
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have eaten here often. Good food for reasonable prices. They cook with almost everything fresh, rather than packaged or canned. Nice people and very popular with the locals.

1  Thank casamartillo
Reviewed 27 October 2013

If you are in Weaverville, then you must go to the Garden Cafe to eat. Wow my husband had an omelet that would feed from 4 to 6 people. I have never seen such a huge omelet. I had bacon and eggs which were delicious. They have home made pies that looked delicious but we didn't have one. Just go and eat, I don't think you will be sorry. YUM.. They make things fresh!!

1  Thank Sally J
Reviewed 9 September 2013

four of us stopped for lunch. the menu is pretty inclusive. i opted for a sandwich and a side. the others had various options from the menu. everything was cooked to perfection. a totally good experience. good service and food. the chef/owner is very good at his job. we would go again for sure.