“Delightful”

The Garden Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stopped in for lunch at The Garden Café on a road trip from Arcata to Redding California. It was a delightful experience. The service was great, and the food excellent. The weather was great, so we sat outside on the patio. While we were eating lunch, two deer wandered across the highway right in the middle of town. What fun!

2  Thank HarveySm

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The food was delicious and presented in industrial quantities!! Had two different salads and both were fresh and delicious. Service a bit slow as each meal is made to order but good friends or a book would take care of that

1  Thank MakingLikeaTree
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The Garden has recently opened for dinner Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays and, though we are breakfast regulars at the Garden, my husband and I decided to try it for dinner in celebration of Mother's Day. What a treat! My husband ordered the rib eye steak with stuffed potato and salad. I ordered the shrimp and bacon skewer with fresh steamed spinach. Wow! It was amazing! The blue cheese dressing and salad were excellent, the stuffed potato yummy, the steak tender and juicy and seasoned to perfection. No room for dessert! We own the 7 room Weaverville Hotel and many guests have eaten in the Garden. The only complaint I have ever heard about the Garden: "The portions are too big." Yes, I am glad to say we took some food home and enjoyed it the next day. Great service, pleasant atmosphere, and the food? Magnifico! Eric and Kari, keep up the good work! We are so glad you're here.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We were two couples on a leisurely day of hiking and sight-seeing and came upon the Garden Café in the picturesque small town of Weaverville. Our arrival was a very late lunch - just a few minutes before they took a break between serving sessions, but it was no problem for them to take care of us. The outside sitting area isn't huge nor is the inside - the whole vibe of the place is quaint, inviting, and friendly. Our outside table was toward the street but it felt private and secluded. Our choices included a funky (in a good way, with unusual toppings like tomatoes) Rueben sandwich, outstanding tomato/basil soup, and enormous Blue Cheese Burgers with Mushrooms, the special of the day. We were all more than satisfied by the portions, taste, and price. Our waitress Rachel was delightful - we had an immediate and easy rapport with her. She's wonderful. We'd come back to the Garden any time.

1  Thank BrianK609
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I found this by accident as I was fleeing the heat of Redding, I asked the everything omelet with no eggs, no problem
I asked for a smallish portion as I was riding my motorcycle to Fortuna from there
Well I got a full size one and what a meal, even the rye toast was exceptional
I thought I'd never be able to even put a dent in the huge portion, but it was so good I ate the lot, delicious
This will be my breakfast stop every time I'm passing, pleasant vibe and friendly couple who own and run the cafe

1  Thank Paleface07