“Clean and comfortable”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Weaverville
BEST WESTERN Weaverville Victorian Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Weaverville
Arcata, California
“Clean and comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

We had not stayed at this hotel in quite a few years, and after reading the reviews we were a little concerned but figured it was just for one night. We were pleasantly surprised when we were greeted by a warm staff. We arrived in the early afternoon, during a holiday weekend and the desk apologized that our room wasn't quite ready. We were offered coffee, hot chocolate or hot cider while we waited. We were traveling with two other couples and our request for three rooms together was graciously accommodated. After an hour, our nicely sized room was ready. Room was very clean with a refrigerator and microwave. Perfect for our needs.

Room Tip: We stayed upstairs...there aren't that many stairs!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Elk Grove Village, IL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

We spent 2 nights here, mainly because there are little other options and the pictures looked really nice online. Once we arrived (later in the evening) and checked in (not a very warm reception), we proceeded to our Jacuzzi room. VERY old and dated, with a distinct old aroma. The furniture is worn out, the Jacuzzi tub was not cleaned well (some leftover hair in it) and I had to clean it out before using it. The bed was comfortable, but the old foam-type blanket had several cigarette burns in it and some cuts. We slept with just the sheet. The water pressure for the Jacuzzi was extremely slow and it was hard to regulate the temperatures. The continental breakfast was very basic -- English muffins, plain bagels, cereal, fruit, coffee and milk and juice in gallon jugs in the fridge. There was nowhere to sit except for two easy chairs in the area. The woman at the front desk on the morning we left was friendly. I feel that if you have a name like "Victorian Inn" that the furnishings should reflect the style. Money definitely needs to be put into this motel to make it more attractive...new blankets, updated furnishings, updated bedspreads and curtains. Also, please make sure the Jacuzzi tub is spotless when guests arrive. This motel would be worth more towards the $59 per night range than the $98 we were charged.

Room Tip: Don't spend the money on the Jacuzzi room.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Weaverville hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

Spent several nights here, all in a fairly comfortable bed. Room had no odors, but had some wear (tile around jacuzzi tub, door dings, loose shower valve).
The staff was very friendly and accomodating, which is greatly appreciated.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank FFontheroad
Rugby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

I'm not surprised that this is no longer a Best Western!!

We didn't know where we were going to be so had not booked anywhere to stay. The Victorian Inn at Weaverville was the first place we came across that looked decent enough to try plus there didn't seem like there would be much option further along the road and it was getting late.

We had a 2 queen bed room on the first floor. The room was very dated with dark furnishings and old fashioned (flowery) bedding, curtains and chair material. The taps were dodgy, either very hot or very cold! Which meant an unpleaseant shower.

The room also had a really odd funny smell. I can only really describe it as old!

They also provided a free breakfast but it was very basic and not really worth the effort. There wasn't anywhere to sit and eat either!

Pleasant Hill, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2012

Stayed for only a night and although I felt it was a bit pricey ($109)there are few choices in Weaverville. It is no longer a Best Western. I have stayed at the Trinity Inn and the 49er Gold Rush and I would rate this a lot better then the Trinity and just a tad above the 49er's larger rooms, not there small older rooms. I had an upstairs room and it was quiet and the room was clean. Older furnishings (80 ish) but everything was clean.

Room Tip: I would chose an upstairs room.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank C H
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

I just spent the night here with family. We got two large clean room with all the usual ammenities. Clean towels, soap, shampoo, conditioner, hair dryer, clean and working coffee pot (and all that goes with it) microwave, t.v. working air conditioner. Rug was clean, bed firm, clean sheet, comforter...

This is in a very small town. The people are hardworking, friendly, and accomodating. I slept peacefully and did not hear traffic on the street. I would come back. I've been to other hotels in other foreign countries and have paid three to four times more in busy cosmopolitian cities and only one forth the space.

I came to visit the Weaverville Joss House, The local Museum, and ate at the local Trinideli. I strolled won the tiny downtown district if this little historical town. It's a good day trip.

Room Tip: Come with an opened mind. Do not compare with going to Las Vegas or a Casino Hotel. This is a smal...
3 Thank Ruby T
Concord, California, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

I don t usually write reviews but I was soooo disappointed in the amount of money we had to pay for the room we received that I had to write this. My aunt and I came from Oroville from a stay at a casino resort that cost us $69.00 for a beautiful room. When we got to Weaverville where my father lives we pulled up and asked for the rate and were told $80.00. My aunt paid the rate and when we went to our room it smelled musty and had an air conditioner that blew onto my face while laying in bed. The refridgerator was not plugged in, we had no conditioner for the shampoo or body cream. The towels were flimsy but clean. The rate for this room was outrageous. I would have thought this room was worth $69.00 NOT $80.

5 Thank Laura C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weaverville
Indian Creek Lodge
Strawhouse Resorts & Cafe
49er Gold Country Inn
49er Gold Country Inn
#4 of 5 in Weaverville

Been to BEST WESTERN Weaverville Victorian Inn? Share your experiences!