BEST WESTERN Weaverville Victorian Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Indian Creek Lodge(Douglas City)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$74
Hotwire.com
US$73
US$67
Travelodge Redding CA(Redding)(Great Value!)
US$102
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 February 2009

I have worked at several of the hotels in trinity county mainly doing the housekeeping so i'm aware of the cleanliness standards & the only hotel I've ever been content with is this one. I'm very picky about where I'll stay or work because of my standards clean. I can't sleep in a bed I don't think is clean so I'd wrather pay extra for a clean room than less for a room i'm not sure was even cleaned after the last guest! At this hotel I have worked the desk, done the housekeeping & the restaurant dishes when open for the room/dinner specials or for the many retreats that come yearly to use our building. I know the employees give %110 for any guests. Though management is very busy they do their best to be as hospitable to guests needs & requests as possible & I've enjoyed the 3 yrs i've worked for the Hodges family. I've stayed here several times & I recommend it to everyone before I even mention the other places in town. The Hodges family has always taken very good care of me as an employee & a guest which matters alot to me. When people ask me where to stay I ask one question, Is the price or the cleanliness more important? if you're looking for a cheap room you can go anywhere but remember you get what you pay for especially in small towns!

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2008

I've just read some of the other reviews of this motel and was surprised that some were positive. This is a Best Western MOTEL, not even as nice as most. First, it's name is misleading for someone unfamiliar with Weaverville. It is not "victorian". It is just a motel. It does have a pool. A very small pool. According to the locals, their resturant is seldom open. The rooms are OK, but standard motel. It is located at the edge of Weaverville and not convenient for walking. Their advertised rates are appealing, but I advised anyone contemplating staying there to be wary. When I booked a room I was quoted a price in the neighborhood of $79 per night, above what I expected for the area and time of year. When I got my bill for a two night stay it was over $300. I thought it was their mistake. NOT. It was mine for not verifying the rate again when I checked in. I ended up paying more for a motel room than a full service hotel room in the city. Never again.

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Annie5150
Reviewed 28 January 2008

When I was a single mom of two girls, we would stay at this hotel for the weekend and have a blast. Now I am married and my husband and I are celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary. This has been the Hotel that we go to get away from town for the weekend. We always get a room with a hot-tob and non-smoking. We enjoy the quiteness. We go to the Joss House and even the Movies there. During the spring and summer we enjoy fishing at Lewiston lake. We enjoy staying at this hotel so much that we suprised my Mom and Step-dad with a anniversary weekend in a hot-tub room. I had called ahead and while my mom, dad, and my kids were at dinner my sis-in-law excused ourselves and the hotel staff let us into the room early to put gifts and special items and banners up. This was 4 years ago and my parents still rave about their surprise getaway. Thanks for the good memories

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2007

Overall, the place was ok. Things were clean, the staff was not rude, but I don't get the sense they go "the extra mile" like others do. The rooms are done in pseduo victorian decor and the linens are a bit outdated, but the bed was comfortable. I was not a big fan of the power strip in the center of the room running three appliances, but short of a renovation you only have so many plugs.

The bathroom was clean and the shower had great pressure. You're a bit far from the center of town here, but it's and easy drive.

• Stayed: October 2007
A TripAdvisor Member
Eureka, CA
Reviewed 6 June 2006

I actually have not stayed in this motel, so I gave it a neutral/average rating, but I did try to speak with the manager to ask about special rates for my daughter's wedding. I didn't care that much about lowered rates, but I wanted to reserve some rooms or at least have information about the place so I could list it as a place to stay when we sent the "save-the-date" cards. I called several times to speak with the motel about this, and was referred to the manager each time- but the manager never EVER called me back, even with repeated phone calls. After seeing some of the reviews, I just wonder if I even want my guests to stay there. Hope it's better than it sounds, and perhaps the management has changed since then. A motel should exude hospitality. We are travelers and paying customers- are you looking for some other type of guest?

Sincerely, mother of the bride!

• Stayed: June 2006