“Worth the Trip to Weed”

Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Weed
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours
Description: The Hi-Lo Cafe in Weed, CA is located just about the right distance between Here and There. Whether we’re your intended destination or your favorite stop along the way to where you’re going, we’ll always make sure your meal is unforgettable and comforting. Our classic diner-style eatery has been serving up fan favorites to travelers and locals alike since 1951. For breakfast, lunch, and dinner our menu has all of the classic dishes that you know and love. Hearty omelets, fresh salads and soups, flowing coffee, smothered chicken fried steak, fresh wraps, fresh-squeezed orange juice, and locally brewed beer are just some of our popular offerings. Don’t forget to top your meal off with our famous desserts - cobblers, pies, and a fully functioning old timey soda fountain with milkshakes, sundaes, banana splits, and more. Cozy up in a booth, at the counter, or at a larger table; we’ve got seating for all tastes. We have pride in our food and pride in our town, and we invite you to fall in love with both! Our goal is to make you feel like family so you come back and visit us again and again.
Reviewed 22 March 2014

When I stop at Weed I always eat here. One of my highlights. It's a small homey restaurant with good food and I think reasonable prices. They offer a Senior Menu but this time I was hungry and had the regular meat loaf vs the senior's. When waitress brought my order I told her it might've been wiser to have ordered the senior. I was glad to walk back to motel after I finished.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stopped in for a quick bite, ordered the Bacon Cheeseburger, and was surprised at how delicious it was. I shall return!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Unless you like 50's style "home cooked" food, pass on this. Although service was friendly, the food was not very good. I was hungry, so I ate all of my pot roast dish, but it was overly salty and the potatoes were unevenly cooked. We will not bother stopping here again.

1  Thank Amy B
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Nice local eatery with generously portioned hearty food! Has a large selection of souvenirs near entrance, most with locally popular slogan, "I Love Weed!" Omlettes are especially good. Deserts and specialty cupcakes look tempting, but food is so filling there's no room left to try them! This restaurant has an extremely loyal local following, very friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Usually my restaurant nose is pretty good, but probably won't be back to this one. Pros: lots of selection, reasonable prices, big portions, friendly service. Cons: the food just isn't that good, give that carpet a scrub! The turkey in my club sandwich was starting to turn. I took it out and ate the rest. Husband's soup was just, plain gloopy.

Been to Hi-Lo Cafe? Share your experiences!