“A gem in Weed”

Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Weed
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner
Description: The Hi-Lo Cafe in Weed, CA is located just about the right distance between Here and There. Whether we’re your intended destination or your favorite stop along the way to where you’re going, we’ll always make sure your meal is unforgettable and comforting. Our classic diner-style eatery has been serving up fan favorites to travelers and locals alike since 1951. For breakfast, lunch, and dinner our menu has all of the classic dishes that you know and love. Hearty omelets, fresh salads and soups, flowing coffee, smothered chicken fried steak, fresh wraps, fresh-squeezed orange juice, and locally brewed beer are just some of our popular offerings. Don’t forget to top your meal off with our famous desserts - cobblers, pies, and a fully functioning old timey soda fountain with milkshakes, sundaes, banana splits, and more. Cozy up in a booth, at the counter, or at a larger table; we’ve got seating for all tastes. We have pride in our food and pride in our town, and we invite you to fall in love with both! Our goal is to make you feel like family so you come back and visit us again and again.
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Not a ton of choices in this town but as this was the #2 restaurant, we decided to trust our fellow Trippies and check it out. We were there on a Wednesday night and in the hour we were there, a steady stream of people came in for take out as well as to dine in. A great sign. Was actually a wait for a few people until tables cleared. Hubby ordered Cheeseburger and Garlic fries- both very good and I had Lasagna - huge portion and great quality. Highlight was the cheerful waitress, think her name was Bonnie. Hard working, good sense of humor and very attentive. When she brought the lasagna and I commented "wow, this is huge", she winked and said "welcome to the Hi-lo". Looks like breakfast is yummy too. Oh did I mention that the restaurant has the most incredible view of Mt Shasta?

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Choices of places to eat in the area is limited. Waitress was friendly, food was good and the place was clean.

2  Thank TravelingBZ
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Generous portions -----great food and a friendly staff. The menu is extensive. Good salad bar and specials for each day.

2  Thank Mark H
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Very affordable. I have eaten at the Hi-Lo nearly a dozen times (breakfast and dinner) and the experience is always top notch. Great food, affordable prices and friendly people.

2  Thank eugeboy_at_LARGE
Reviewed 22 March 2014

When I stop at Weed I always eat here. One of my highlights. It's a small homey restaurant with good food and I think reasonable prices. They offer a Senior Menu but this time I was hungry and had the regular meat loaf vs the senior's. When waitress brought my order I told her it might've been wiser to have ordered the senior. I was glad to walk back to motel after I finished.

Been to Hi-Lo Cafe? Share your experiences!