“Clean and Basic, Poor heater and no fixtures for hanging clothes”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Townhouse Motel

Townhouse Motel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Weed
“Clean and Basic, Poor heater and no fixtures for hanging clothes”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

Stopped in Weed to ski tour on Mt Shasta. This room may work in the summer, but we had difficulty controlling the heat while it was 17 degrees outside. The heating/cooler unit was in the back of the room near the ceiling. There was no thermostat and therefore it was difficult to manage the heat. It was very cold when we entered, very warm when we returned from dinner and drinks, and then got too warm as we tried to sleep. We struggled to find a comfortable temperature. Also, for the first time we rented a room that had no rod and hangars for your clothes. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean.

Room Tip: I would try other hotels in the area before settling for this again. The trip advisor reviews and p...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tfarren

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013

This is the motel of the past, but the owners make it worth the stop. Very nice & welcoming. Rooms are small, but bigger than my car... Clean, and the beds are fine. I travel with my own pillow which I always recommend.
The bathrooms are Spotless, a Huge Deal in my book. In winter, if you're lucky, you'll get a room with a tiny wall heater in the bathroom. That alone sold me on staying here on a return trip. Cozy & Clean.

Road noise? Not that I noticed. Neighbors? If I heard anyone getting into their room, meh, didn't bother me. Most travelers settle down pretty quickly. Good Food is right across the street. This is the Not Chain Motel/Hotel/Restaurant part of town, which suits me.

The owner went above and beyond, coming out to make sure I got parked in a driving rain. On my return trip he went so far as coming Outside In A Snow Storm to make sure I got safely parked & settled when his own lot was not plowed. Very Kind & Thoughtful.

Don't expect perfection & you won't be disappointed. Just saying... clean, safe, quiet. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: I like the bottom floor in front. Convenient for unloading/loading. Quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

Small, recently renovated room for what you might pay at a hostel. Don't stay here if you need a phone, a hair dryer, a place to hang your clothes or other luxuries. However, if you are looking for a clean, safe, cheap, and cheerful place to stay on a road trip, this is worth the stop. Like other reviewers, we could hear road noise but it was muted by double glazing and we had no trouble sleeping. A coffee and cinnamon bun continental breakfast was advertised but we had to ring the doorbell to find someone to open the office to get two packaged danish. Fortunately, there is a little bakery serving good espresso just a short walk away and a family restaurant across the street. Mini fridge, microwave, tv, free wifi and parking right outside your door.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Just2LetUKnow
Thousand Oaks, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

We stopped overnight on our way to Oregon. Rooms are spotlessly clean, and have fridge. Owners are friendly and accomodating, would stay again. Walked across the street to explore the 'Weed' Store and diner across the street for breakfast.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Dvngrl
Imperial Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

Weed is a small town with an active trucking route passing through. Yes, it is noisy at times but the SEASONED traveler ALWAYS carries ear plugs in their suitcase. I stayed 3 nights and slept very well. I made reservations well in advance and chose a room on the top floor. It was very clean and came with a fridge & microwave. ALL other motels in Weed are on the same road so you get the same noise...just for more money. This is a "mom & pop" motel and not part of any chain so their effort to keep it in top condition and clean shows. There is a diner across the street with decent food (not the fried chicken though!) and fresh pies. I will stay there next time I have business in the area.

Room Tip: ALWAYS pick a room on the top floor AND phone well in advance & speak directly with the propriet...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank megapic
Salem, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

The other reviews I read said this was a clean cheap quiet place to stay while passing thru...well yes--clean and cheap but not quiet maybe unless you are the only one staying there.
We stayed on a Thursday night. Retired about 10:30pm and at midnight our neighbors arrived above us. Clomping, stomping, dragging suitcases. You would have thought they were in the same room as us. Then at 4:30 they were up with all the same noise until 6 am. It was awful. We were zombies for our 300 mile drive the next day.

Room Tip: get a top room, if the parking lot is full, go somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank iLuvKona2
Ukiah, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

This was a great place to stay as we passed through Weed. The room was clean, the staff was really nice, and the price was right! The A/C was nice and cold but a little loud. It is in a good location, walking distance to a couple diners and bars. We recommend this place to anyone passing through Weed.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stephanie K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weed
Comfort Inn Mount Shasta Area
Shasta Inn
#6 of 9 in Mount Shasta
Motel 6 Weed - Mount Shasta
Quality Inn & Suites

Been to Townhouse Motel? Share your experiences!