“Great deal! Clean, comfortable, close to hiking trails & spa!”
Review of Townhouse Motel

Townhouse Motel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Weed
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Friendly owner, you can see that he is proud of his motel. The motel is basic but we had a great bed, clean bathroom and useful fridge. You don't need much more when going for a long hike to Mt Eddy, or relaxing spa somewhere near! Comfortable, quiet and amazing breakfast across the street. And nice to wake up, open the door and have a view on the majestic Mt Shasta!

Room Tip: we had room 219 if I remember it right, 2nd floor, king bed.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arjan J
There are newer reviews for Townhouse Motel

Reviewed 7 August 2013

From the outside is showing its age a bit, but is still neat . For a mom-and-pop is outstanding the rooms are very very clean and the service is very good as well.the beds are very comfortable and the AC works very well as well.
I prefer to stay at mom-and-pop when I'm traveling over all ,this is one the best mom and pops I stayed at him very long time!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Dick T
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We were a little wary of this place because of the low price, so I sent my wife up to take a look. She poked her head out the door and said "Pretty nice." We were impressed by how quiet the room was. It was obvious they have done some upgrading. The bathroom was new. The room was on the small side, but it had everything we needed for our overnight stay. Definitely a good choice. We ate breakfast at the Hi-Lo Cafe. Awesome breakfast!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve P
Reviewed 22 June 2013

In the world of hotel ratings, the Townhouse is a two star property. I gave it a three because it is cleaner and more comfortable than most in its class. I had a little more of a feeling of staying in someone's guest room compared to the plainness of the big, low-end chains. The traffic noise is bothersome, but that's true for many properties next to a main highway.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Doesn't look impressive from the outside, but the proprietor is very kind and the rooms are very clean and tidy. Unfortunately the motel is located on a major highway and truck noise can be disturbing

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Stopped in Weed to ski tour on Mt Shasta. This room may work in the summer, but we had difficulty controlling the heat while it was 17 degrees outside. The heating/cooler unit was in the back of the room near the ceiling. There was no thermostat and therefore it was difficult to manage the heat. It was very cold when we entered, very warm when we returned from dinner and drinks, and then got too warm as we tried to sleep. We struggled to find a comfortable temperature. Also, for the first time we rented a room that had no rod and hangars for your clothes. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean.

Room Tip: I would try other hotels in the area before settling for this again. The trip advisor reviews and p...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tfarren
Reviewed 5 January 2013

This is the motel of the past, but the owners make it worth the stop. Very nice & welcoming. Rooms are small, but bigger than my car... Clean, and the beds are fine. I travel with my own pillow which I always recommend.
The bathrooms are Spotless, a Huge Deal in my book. In winter, if you're lucky, you'll get a room with a tiny wall heater in the bathroom. That alone sold me on staying here on a return trip. Cozy & Clean.

Road noise? Not that I noticed. Neighbors? If I heard anyone getting into their room, meh, didn't bother me. Most travelers settle down pretty quickly. Good Food is right across the street. This is the Not Chain Motel/Hotel/Restaurant part of town, which suits me.

The owner went above and beyond, coming out to make sure I got parked in a driving rain. On my return trip he went so far as coming Outside In A Snow Storm to make sure I got safely parked & settled when his own lot was not plowed. Very Kind & Thoughtful.

Don't expect perfection & you won't be disappointed. Just saying... clean, safe, quiet. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: I like the bottom floor in front. Convenient for unloading/loading. Quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weed
Comfort Inn Mount Shasta Area
Quality Inn & Suites
Sis-Q-Inn
Sis-Q-Inn
#4 of 6 in Weed

Been to Townhouse Motel? Share your experiences!