“relaxing and delightful great food at the restaurant”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Weed
Stewart Mineral Springs Retreat
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Weed
Portland, Oregon
“relaxing and delightful great food at the restaurant”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I visited Stewart Mineral Springs Resort with my daughter. We had an apartment with two twin beds. The reception was not a welcoming as I am accustomed to but otherwise everyone was really nice. Our accommodations we clean and comfortable, the beds were fine the bathroom was small but had all we needed.

We had two meals in the restaurant a dinner and lunch. The menu was great, the wine was good the food was really fresh and delicious. The service was really casual, I appreciate the friendliness but for the prices they should step it up a bit.

We enjoyed the mineral bath, sauna and cold plunge. We didn't get a massage this time but I will next time I am out for a longer visit.

Yes it is "funky" not your upscale spa experience, but it was nice and all the other guests seemed "chill".

This is a clothing optional facility so if you are sensitive to nudity go someplace else.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank WanderlustSal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Keep in mind when making your reservation at Stewart Mineral Springs that this is a rustic setting and the accommodations are not intended to be over the top. That being said, the location, accommodations and staff all contributed to a very relaxing and enjoyable weekend.

We stayed in one of the cabins, which are equipped with a small kitchen and bathroom. We were able to comfortably make ourselves coffee and breakfast each morning, as well as dinner one night. I will say that the cabins could benefit from an upgrade to the mattresses, pillows and bedding, but this did not detract from the overall experience.

There is a restaurant on site. Unfortunately time did not allow us to dine there but we did hear good reviews from other guests. The restaurant has a nice deck that overlooks the creek running through the property.

During the summer months, I would encourage guests to take advantage of yoga offered each Friday on the footbridge. Definitely a peaceful way to start the day and weekend!

If you are seeking a rustic and relaxing getaway, and really want to be able to unplug, then I would recommend this as an option.

Room Tip: I really enjoyed staying in a cabin, and cabin 16 had a lovely front porch but did look out onto the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kristin N
Redding, California
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Attended private group spas in the past for special occasions...so we wanted a special birthday there...they said the new management did not do this...but they would make an exception....Boy did we get a surprise cost us about triple for 13 people....and the low fun meter manager was our host...oh where was the fun bath house attendant? They didn't start the baths until the last moment ..so it cut about 40 min out of our 2 hour time frame..then my lovely guests rented rooms and spent the night......there was a non refundable fee plus everyone had to pay for a bath in addition with a minimum of 13 ...there was no deal and the managers never even thanked us for the off season sweet chunk of change...It is a beautiful place and I had a wonderful time anyway..the managers were not friendly or inviting ...they acted as though we were an imposition on them...they should have just said no to us and we would have come for a bath during regular hours.....so here is my advice...just go for the bath and sauna..stretch as much time out of them as you can....enjoy the scenery and steer clear of the out of sync.. manager...

Room Tip: Apartments are clean, soft beds and sweetly rustic...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank sunrae54
stewartsprings, General Manager at Stewart Mineral Springs Retreat, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Our policy for private bath group and fees is clearly stated on our website. The organizer for your group was willing to pay these fees so your group can have a good time privately in the bath house. Your organizer stated that she would be paying the fees. If she changed her mind and charged you individually instead, we would not be involved with this. She was not aware how many were showing up until the day of your scheduled private bath. The noise level in the bath house would not have been appropriate if your group came in with the public bathing times. It is unfortunate for our manager to clearly state the boundaries of a private bath versus bathing with the public, agree to host you from 6pm-8p on a very busy Sunday schedule (which we accommodated out of respect for your organizer), and then get slammed with a review on TripAdvisor. We clearly stated that we would not be able to fill your tubs until 6pm because our public guests would be leaving at this time. Your organizer agreed to this. With 13 guests and bathing time of one hour and 15 minutes, there was ample time for all of you to receive the full experience of the bathing process. We do not understand how you could have received only 40 minutes of bathing time. Perhaps, a conversation with your organizer to clarify the arrangements was in order before you wrote this review. Lastly, when you left the next day, the manager approached your group to inquire how the stay and baths were. Everyone claimed their enjoyment and gratitude. Slamming us with a negative review without clarifying arrangements with your organizer is rather a foul use of this venue.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Just got back from a 2-day stay here. I stayed in #15 the "Wellness Room" which was a little more expensive than the other cabins. This is a very rustic place in the middle of no where. The cabins are very basic. That said, it's a peaceful place overall and I enjoyed our stay.

The bathhouse is pretty funky and clothing optional. The restaurant is pricy for what they offer (ie: $30 for a steak or halibut dinner). I would go back again.

Room Tip: Room #15 was roomy and quiet but the toilet is situated awkwardly, right against the shower wall, so...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kellismom
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I don't go through northern Cali without a stop here. A magical place, really. The accommodations are simple and rustic and the mineral baths are out of this world. I love the way my body buzzes after a soak, then sauna then dip in the cold creek. If I could live just up the road, I would. They close rather early, scheduling their last baths at 4:30 (at least during the week) but they also will put you first on the list at noon if you are over-nighting there.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Psychedelic_Doughboy
Aromas, California
Reviewed 14 July 2013

If I hadn't paid for my reservation via the phone while on the road, I would have turned around once I entered the parking lot. Mixed review: this is a camp, not a resort! Signs abound for "watch out for rattle snakes". The bath house is old, the tubs are stained, the door hardware doesn't work, some steps to the "hotel" are rotten. The view from the "hotel" was obscured by a huge electrical pole with enough lines to power SF.

On the plus side: everyone was courteous and polite, my "hotel" room was clean, the bed and linens were comfortable and the bathroom was recently refurbished. The mineral springs were pleasant and the actual spring house (up the creek) completely stoned me out - great energy there. The air smells wonderful; pine and cedar trees. I slept really well!

Room Tip: If and when I return, I would choose "The Cabin". I would also take my own food in a cool...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank CeeJay60-27
Ukiah, California
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Stewart is for people who like quiet (to qualify-not on a holiday weekend) creeks, and a great base camp. Not for families with children who need to keep busy all the time. If you want that, stay at Lake Siskiyou. Stewart is perfect for trail access, and just a peaceful place to come home to in the afternoon, evening. The mineral bath is lovely, but if you don't like hot water, just sit your bottom down in the creek and cool your self down. My husband's feet were sunburned, so a nice woman in the office gave us some aloe vera for his feet-no charge! She could have easily sold us some expensive lotion, but she didn't. I really appreciated that. The price is so right, especially when you compare to other options in the area. We will return again and again. Wouldn't consider staying anyplace else.

Room Tip: Cabins are a great value, but the motel is an even better. Just bring your coffeemaker if you stay...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weed
Comfort Inn Mount Shasta Area
#2 of 9 in Mount Shasta
Townhouse Motel
Townhouse Motel
#2 of 6 in Weed

Been to Stewart Mineral Springs Retreat? Share your experiences!