“Okay but overpriced”
Review of Sis-Q-Inn

Sis-Q-Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Weed
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We stayed here one night after driving all day from Vegas. We were so ready to have a rest and figured this would be an okay place to stop for the night, especially after the Best Western in the town before this wanted $145 for the night.

We paid $82, which was too much for the older room, but it was clean and the beds were comfy. We were on the freeway side but had no problem with noise.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JLS313

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Cheaper than the Comfort Inn directly across the street. Rooms open off an interior hallway, not directly to the outside. Room was clean and comfortable, the wifi fast. Our room looked out onto the street and in the morning there were several semi's parked but unlike roadtripper213k, we heard no noise from them. Easy on-off freeway. Plenty of gas stations and fast food, but we saw only two sit-down restaurants nearby - one mexican, one bbq - so we went down to the Black Bear Diner in Mt Shasta City for dinner.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank oldretiredguy22
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Are you kidding me? Hope you're sitting down. Oh. ;-)
The Sis-Q-Inn Motel is not only the best value for the dollar, it's safe, it's clean, and it's owned and operated by an honest family and staff not so easy to find these days.
Their prices are barely higher than Motel 6 and they bump you up to much cleaner rooms, a much friendlier staff, a much safer location and wireless internet to boot!
I left my wallet behind in my room with $300 cash, cards, and more!
I called them 300 miles further into my journey and asked if they could mail it to me.
I told them to keep $20 and to use whatever cash was necessary to overnight my wallet.
(I think flowers are in order my next time thru)
I received the wallet right away, with all of my money.
This speaks VOLUMES!
For such a modest rate you even get a small breakfast and access to their spa.
This is a Jewel in the Weeds!
Thanks again!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank DarinOR
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Clean, spacious rooms. Friendly service. Breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank Mrscar69
Reviewed 14 July 2011

There's nothing inherently wrong with the hotel. Staff are friendly enough, and the rooms and amenities are decent enough for the price in this area. However, due to the location of the hotel on the street in which all the semi trucks park for the night, expect to get ZERO sleep. Anyone who's stayed around semi's knows that many of them keep their engines idling all night, often for refrigerated trailers. As such, expect loud rumbling idling all night which penetrates through the building, through the pillow pressed tightly over your ears, and into your tired brain at 1 am, 2 am, 3 am, 4 am, etc. You also get to enjoy the coming and going of trucks throughout the night.

I would never stay here again, ever. And considering that the price was $80, it's a complete ripoff. You're better off staying in Yreka or Shasta if you're passing through.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank roadtripper213k
Reviewed 1 December 2010

We pulled in here because of the small town charm and found this gem. Room was very clean, Beds were awesome comfy would stay here again anytime.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kym J
Reviewed 17 March 2010

Driving North on I5 I had intended to stop in Yreka but was getting tired and impulsively pulled off at the first exit in Weed. The sun was setting and the Alpen-glow on Mt Shasta was beautiful. Across the street from your standard $89 a night chain motel was the Sis-Q-Inn. Taking a chance I pulled in to check availability. At half the price and impressed with how neat and clean everything felt I took the room. It was large with a view of the mountain and a refrigerator. The mattress looked brand new and was sooo comfortable and the room was quiet. There was no in-room coffee maker or hair dryer but I always carry my own so it worked out great. There was a continental breakfast bar in the office 6-9 with coffee, tea, packaged pastries , milk & cereal. In all a very nice stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
5  Thank Carol321
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weed
0 mi away
Townhouse Motel
#2 of 6 in Weed
Motel 6 Weed - Mount Shasta
Quality Inn & Suites

Been to Sis-Q-Inn? Share your experiences!