“DON'T TRUST THEM” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Weed
California, San Diego
“DON'T TRUST THEM”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2010

They made the mistake of charging twice the amount. I gave them one of my CITY card's information to reserve the room. And when I checked in, I gave them my AMEX card to charge the room instead of CITY card. The front desk agreed to that. But the fact is they charged both of my credit cards. Of course, I disputed this wrong charge. Also I called, left messages and sent e-mails to the hotel manager many times, but never contact me or refunded for 6 months. They completely ignore this matter until February.
There is still a dispute on this subject. Because they still charged my CITY card which I didn't authorized to charge.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank BermanMack

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Marin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2010

Boy, that nice looking hot tub would've felt good after a long day of skiing, but of course, it didn't work like everything else at the Quality Inn. The ice machine didn't work. The tub didn't drain. There was no air flow in the room, so we stood in the hall for a while or left our door open. The room smelled bad. The towels were like loofas. The beds were hard. We found black hairs on the pillows. When we returned from skiing all day, we found notes on our beds saying that it is the hotels policy to not make the beds if there are any personal items on them. If we had been told this at check in, we would've removed our pillow and teddy bear from the beds! I believe it is their policy to not clean the rooms! I doubt if they have maids. ICK! Stay elsewhere, you'll thank me and yourself that you did. THERE IS NO QUALITY IN THE QUALITY INN!!!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Marinmom3

Travellers are raving about these Weed hotels

British Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2010

The Comfort Inn looks so much more elegant, but they don't take pets, so we came to the Quality Inn--and were very glad to have done so, as it turns out. The man who checked us in was wonderful, making sure we settled in, finding us an additional, just-cleaned blanket to roll up to help me elevate my leg (leg injury).

This has also been one of the more wheelchair-friendly accessible rooms we've had. There's still a tub to deal with, but there's lots of space to maneuver, the sink seems low enough to not be impossible for someone in a wheelchair to use, and there are multiple bars in the shower/tub--although there's not one on the outside to assist getting out again.

I was pleased with the presentation and offerings of the breakfast (not one of the places that offers waffles, though) in the morning and their selection of teas--and they even offered hot chocolate.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
san diego
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2009

I thought it was horrible because we had to change our room TWO times. The first time we had to move was because there was only one bed. I went with my mom and dad. The second time was because there was no microwave or a refrigerator.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2009

We had a wonderful large room with lots of space. The hotel was very clean, staff very friendly and efficient. It was extremely close to the I 5, which was useful, though slightly noisy.
It was a short drive into Weed itself to find restaurants and shops, or a little further to Mt. Shasta for much more choice.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
San Diego, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2009

My daughters and I were traveling to Oregon from So. Cal. and decided to stop at the Quality Inn in Weed for the night. Positives: freeway close, very friendly and accomodating staff. Now for the not-so-positive, the room was less than inviting. The carpet looked as though it had not been cleaned ever, stains all over. We requested a roll away, when we recieved the already made bed it was covered in black hair. We pulled the sheets back on one of the double beds to find what looked like a spill on the comforter. Obviously it had not been washed from the previous guest. Needless to say we were pretty disgusted at this point. We informed the front desk and they offered to move us to another room, which we accepted because now it was approx. 10:30pm and we were all exhausted. Unfortunately the experience in the next room was more of the same. The roll away again had black hair on the linens, the towels too along with obvious stains. The ONLY reason we stayed at this point was because of the time, 11:00pm by now. I would never stay at this hotel again even if the offer was for free, nor would I recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank fordhouse
weed
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2008

The views from this hotel are stunning! Ask for a Mountain view room and you wont be disappointed. It's close to several restaurants and gas stations but not close enough for any excessive noise. The front desk clerk at check in was very friendly and knowledgeable, and incredibly helpful. The room was very clean, had fantastic pillows and what felt like a brand new bed. The breakfast that was included was ok, and the clerk at check out was much less friendly but overall the stay was good.

• Liked — the amazing view
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weed
Comfort Inn Mount Shasta Area
Mt. Shasta Inn and Suites
Mt. Shasta Inn and Suites
#2 of 9 in Mount Shasta
Motel 6 Weed - Mount Shasta

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!