“Typical Motel 6”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Weed
Corvallis, Oregon
“Typical Motel 6”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

A typical decent Motel 6. Room was clean. Service adequate and friendly enough.

If you need a place to stay for visiting Mount Shasta on the cheap don't hesitate to stay here. There is only a 10 minute drive from the motel to Mt. Shasta downtown.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed 10 September 2012

For about $50 you get a million dollar view. Just outside your door you can view Mt. Shasta at 14,162 feet with cool clean air. It is not the best motel in the world but for $50 and a great mattress the sleep is quest and confortable. It has been consistent in its rating for years.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs on the North Side of the Motel. It is away from I -5 and is quiet. That...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ed258536
San Jose, California
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I booked a room at Motel 6 Weed Mount Shasta. I was bitten by bed bugs. I woke up ~ 3:00am because my right leg was very itchy. When I turned on the lights, I inspected the bed and found one bed bug. I inspected my son's bed and we found another. I report this issue right away and showed the bed bug to the front desk assistant.
I hope they fix the problem.

Room Tip: Inspect the beds before you sleep.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Hector N

Travellers are raving about these Weed hotels

Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Used this hotel twice on a recent trip to California and back. Its a recognized Motel 6, has a pool and I found clean, quiet air-conditioned rooms. Pricing was good at $50.00 including tax. They provided a nice parking spot where I could park my motorcycle, safe but not in my preferred location outside my room. Not their fault - I was on the second floor!

The pool was clean and relaxing. Linens clean and bed was neatly made up. No stale 'smoke' evidence in my 'non-smoking' room. I'm happy about that, nothing worse for a non-smoker than to be put into a 'non-smoking' room that has been smoked in.

Going to Weed? Stop in - they'll keep the light on for ya - to coin a phrase ...

Room Tip: Down stairs is recommended, My 2nd floor room above the office was a bit of a search to get to ... k...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank SBruce J
Reviewed 19 July 2012 via mobile

Looking for a cheap room? This will do. Looking for a pool? Yeah it has a pool (which was full of dead leaves, bugs and what looked like pieces of tissue paper coating the bottom). Looking for breakfast? Nope. Looking for a fridge or microwave in your room? Nope, not even in the "communal room". Looking for what time it is? Nope, not even a clock in your room. Looking for WiFi? Yeah, it has WiFi, but you have to pay extra for it. Now I do not mind getting a slow Internet connection when it is free, but I get offended when I have to pay extra for a slow connection.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Joseph N
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Motel is located right off I-5 in the town of Weed, just minutes north of the town of Mount Shasta. Furnishings are basic Motel 6, but adecuate and in good condition. Queen bed was very firm, just the way I like it. The bathroom has a small sink vanity and a stand alone shower unit which looked pretty new. The shower head is mounted above the curtain rod and points inward toward the the back of the shower enclosure wall. This probably prevents the possibility of water finding its way onto the bathroon floor. Water temperature and pressure were fine. Both room and bathroom are well lit. My only negative comment, and a purely cosmetic one at that, would be the numerous cracks in the sink finish down by the drain. Over time they have turned black and for that reson the sink doesn't look too appealing to the eye. A refinish or replacement is needed. Other than that, everything was A-Ok. The cost for the one night, including senior discount and tax was just under $50. I recommend it for any budget traveler. My room was #128, located quite far from the office in the rear of the second building. It was very quiet back there.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank ELHS220
El Dorado Hills, California
Reviewed 14 March 2012

We were driving from Sacramento to Eugene around the holidays and booked a stay here to break up the drive. It was almost midnight and freezing outside, and would you believe there was a line to check in? Not a bad one and the lady working that night was quick and professional. The room was clean and just what we needed. Not to mention, after I reserved the room I received an email for an additional 10% off becasue I signed up with their website. It was only $44 plus tax! We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank tmac95762
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weed
Comfort Inn Mount Shasta Area
Sis-Q-Inn
Sis-Q-Inn
#4 of 6 in Weed
Quality Inn & Suites

Been to Motel 6 Weed - Mount Shasta? Share your experiences!