Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles West Covina
GreenLeadersBronze level
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Loved the Fairfield Inn. Clean rooms...clean bathrooms...and really comfortable beds.
The complimentary breakfast was great!
The staff was helpful and friendly.
Perfect location.
Couldn't have asked for more!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
FFIgmwestcovina, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles West Covina, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
It sounds like you really had a great stay with us! That's out highest priority and we are so happy to have made your stay memorable and enjoyable. Thank you for sharing your comments with us and we hope to see you at Fairfield Inn & Suites West Covina again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manteca, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Quick Fri night stay for a funeral.
Great $111 rate for seniors (had my dad w/me)

It was better than I expected.
Welcoming lobby; great colors throughout lobby, halls, bathrooms, etc.
Staff was quick & attentive.
Parking was free which is always great.
Very clean room & bathroom.
Breakfast was included: Hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, yummy make-your-own-waffles, breads/muffins, scrambled eggs, bacon, yogurts, juices. Always coffee, tea, hot chocolate in lobby.
Right at the 10 freeway & very near places to eat/shop.

If I was to be staying longer, these items would be considered, for me:
pool area was small
fitness room was small
I would've wanted a suite

Had room 426, very quite & near stairs. Fire alarm did go off due to burnt toast Sat am; kind of funny. No complaints

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
We appreciate you taking time out of your day to share your recent experience with us. I am very happy to hear that you were able to have such a pleasant stay with us. I hope on your next visit you get a chance to enjoy one of our suites which offer a bigger room and many more amenities. Thank you again for sharing your kind words and we hope to see you again for your next visit!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

From the get-go, this was rough. I should have recognized the red flags of poor customer service. They put me on hold for over 10 minutes… I proceeded to hang up and call back only to be answered promptly. Indicates they forgot about a customer. That's not good. I asked for a fridge, they said there were none. I asked for a crib, they delivered it without sheets. The next day when our party came to join us, they got a fridge no problem (sharing with us of course, but they should have made a note and given it to us as we were staying for 3 nights - they offered us the fridge in the front for any perishables we might have brought (nice thought but a little odd). The next day, our keys magically expired at checkout, even though we stayed for 3 nights in the same room. The breakfast was fine, rooms were decent. Requested an adjoined room and was not guaranteed it because apparently it is against Marriott's policy to secure connecting rooms (?) and although it was annoying to be denied the guarantee several times (as both parties called to put a request) it was given to us. BUT, at check in I had to be moved from another room because they overlooked my request. Customer service was super poor. And that's really sad for a marriott.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the freeway.
Green Features: It's standard in the field - keep same towel but nothing over the top environmentally friendly.
1 Thank Podperf
FFIgmwestcovina, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles West Covina, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to write a review about our property and for sharing your opinions with us as they are very valuable to us. First allow me to to apologize for your less than satisfactory stay. It sounds like you had a very uncomfortable experience and for that we deeply apologize. The last thing we want is to have a guest at our property not be able to enjoy themselves. Special requests such as fridges and connecting or adjoining rooms cannot be guaranteed at your arrival, however we do our absolute best to have these requests taken care of before our guests check in. We would love to guarantee them for all of our guests but these requests are based on availability and I deeply apologize that we could not accommodate you better. I also know that you had some trouble while calling the property. Whenever a business relies so greatly on many individuals to perform at high levels, there are bound to be rare occasions when these levels are unfortunately missed. I mention this not as an excuse, but rather in the hope that you will consider that your experience was the exception, not the rule. Thank you again for staying with us and for sharing your comments, we will use your thoughts to help improve our property for future guests. We hope you can make it back to our property soon so we can provide a better experience for you and could see our new Green Recycling Center in our lobby! Thanks again.
Whittier, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

The staff is friendly and helpful. The facility is kept up and clean. The breakfast was very convenient with the wide range of hot breakfast items. Parking is included and well situated. If I have any complaints, there were only two. The exhaust fan in my bathroom was very weak which allowed for no ventilation of shower steam at all. My bed headboard was adjacent to the next unit's wall where their TV was situated, and of course, was on all night by that guest. This is poor furniture setup design. The rooms should have staggered bed to tv room positoning.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank R. G
FFIgmwestcovina, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles West Covina, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
I would like to thank you for writing a response about your most recent visit to our property. I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable visit with a few exceptions. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts and value your opinion on how we could improve in some areas. Those are important issues and we plan on getting those things you mentioned fixed as soon as we can. You are helping us improve our property for future guests. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon so we can provide you with a better experience.
Bay area
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Checked in on Saturday night and the front desk girl was really friendly. I told her I had sleep issues so I prefer a quiet room, I've got Rm. 113 (the end of hallway) and it's not facing freeway. My room was quiet until 6am on Saturday, I woke up by the loud knocking noises, I asked the slender gentleman with the glasses at frontdesk, he said he will ask someone to check, but he never did, he seems to be aware of the problem and said it could be water heater, He said "sorry about that, our rooms are all earthquake proof...etc", but I'm very disappointed because he didn't care how I feel and didn't offer any solution at all. After a long road trip from San Jose, I only got 4 hours sleep here. If you are a night owl like me who don't like to wake up at 6am, please stay away from the end unit, the noise is worse than freeway.

Room Tip: stay away from end unit, the water heater noises will kill you!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 1sttimeincancun
FFIgmwestcovina, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles West Covina, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Thank you so much for leaving a review with our property and for staying with us. We really appreciate you taking time out of your day to share your comments with us. We do our best to honor room requests such as end of the hallway and away from guests. I realize how disturbing it must have been to be bothered by the sound of loud noises all night. Believe me, the comfort of our guests is our highest priority, and I do apologize you had to experience this. Our staff do their best to provide the best experience possible. Whenever a business relies so greatly on many individuals to perform at high levels, there are bound to be rare occasions when these levels are unfortunately missed. I mention this not as an excuse, but rather in the hope that you will consider that your experience was the exception, not the rule. We hope we can earn your business back and hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for your review.
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

This is the 2nd time we stayed here and both times we were greeted promptly and felt very welcomed. I love the smell from the moment you enter the front Lobby and throughout. Stayed in room 509 higher up and on the opposite side of the hotel this time. It is close to the elevator and ice machine room so needless to say we heard the elevator bell every time the doors opened or closed and the sound of ice coming out of the machine. Last time the TV and Clock alarm went off very early in the morning. This time we heard a car alarm in the early morning as well as the Jesuit girls volleyball teams two buses starting up in the morning. The hotel should have the buses park closer to the street and not next to the hotel. The car alarm wasn't the Hotels fault. I guess I should specify next time that I don't want to be next to the elevator or the ice machine. There was plenty of food for breakfast this time. We have family in West Covina and we will be coming here again in the future.

Room Tip: Be sure to tell them you don't want to be next to the elevator, preferably a room at the end of...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
FFIgmwestcovina, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles West Covina, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thanks for staying with us again and for leaving a review. I am glad that you had a good experience and enjoy the smell of our property, we do our best to keep the hotel in perfect condition including the aroma. Although I do realize how disturbing it must have been to be bothered by the sound of elevators, ice machines, and tour buses. I apologize for the noise. Had it been convenient, we would have gladly helped you move to another room. Believe me, the comfort of our guests is our highest priority, and we want to provide the highest quality experience that we can. We hope to see you again soon and we'll be sure to block you in a quiet and relaxing room away from other guests so you can get a restful nights sleep. Thank you again for your review.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Great rooms and breakfast as well as a staff that goes the extra mile. As part of a family gathering, my husband & I stayed here as well as his 2 other brothers and their family. When we wanted to gather in one room, the staff brought extra chairs. The hotel is conveniently located near Interstate 10 but set back far enough that you do not hear the highway noise.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Melody M
FFIgmwestcovina, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles West Covina, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff were so considerate and hospitable for you. Our goal is to give you the highest quality experience with us. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks for staying at Fairfield Inn & Suites West Covina.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Covina
Days Inn Of West Covina
#5 of 7 in West Covina
Courtyard Los Angeles Baldwin Park
Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles West Covina? Share your experiences!