“Nice Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in West Covina
Las Vegas, United States
“Nice Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Laura welcomed us in. Quick and easy check in. he room was super clean and modern. The restroom had nice fixtures and was also very clean. I had my doubts about staying here, but they are a part of the Hilton Family and that's why I chose it. I will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Albuquerque, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I am a Project Manager for Seismic Exploration Crews searching for Oil and Gas for 37 years in 39 states in the United States. I work away from home living in Hotels sometimes months on end and it is a pleasure when I find a hotel such as this one it makes the time away from home a little easier to deal with especially now as I'm 60 years old and like things to be as smooth and relaxing as possible. It's always a welcome surprise to find a wonderful place as this one when least expected. I will say that out of all the many places I have stayed in the 39 states I've worked and stayed in this Hampton Inn and it's staff rate a "FIVE STARS" from me. I will be planning on staying one weekend a month for the next six months as I am seeing a medical specialist there in West Covina. I Remain, Ralph M. Thomas II

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Hampton Inn is my go-to hotel for non-fancy getaways. This was a trip for a softball tournament, and as usual, the room and bed were comfortable, shower was good, products good, solid internet access, solid breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

This place employs some of the most incompetent workers ever. I am sure the hotel itself is great but the people working here will find a way to ruin your trip. I am advising against booking your stay at this hotel because of my personal experience. I walked into this hotel and started speaking to the person at the front counter and advised him that I currently have a reservation but would prefer staying here, so before cancelling my existing reservation, I would like to know if you have two rooms available: one for two nights and one for three nights. The person looked into his system and said that they had them available. Because I was traveling with my father in law I wanted to make sure he sees the room and approves it. We then proceeded to do that and on our return I asked the representative that he has the availability for two rooms for two and three nights so I cancel my existing reservation and he said he did. I went ahead and cancelled my existing reservation and went back to the front counter. This time I was speaking to another lady who informed me that they only have one room available for one night. I then asked to speak to the other representative who said that he did have availability but only for one room and one night. Even though I mentioned to him 3 different times that I needed 2 rooms for two and three nights respectively. He did not deny that I mention it but never looked it up properly in his sytem. But this is where it gets better. In the meantime the lady who was helping us had taken my credit card and license to process the booking. She for some very strange reason proceeded to utter "uhhh...is this a prepaid card? We don't accept prepaid cards". This was the first time I was seeing my father in law so it was quite embarrassing so I quickly corrected her saying that it is my credit card of 10 years and I've never had a problem with it. She then said "uhh..yeah this won't work its a prepaid card". I asked the lady why she believes its a prepaid card and she said that it doesn't have a logo on it. At this time, I got extremely frustrated and pulled out my citibank credit card, my chase freedom credit card, My bank of america credit card and my Discover credit card and asked her what logo she was looking for. She told me it doesn't have the banks logo. The credit card I am using is issued by FIA cardservices which is wholly owned subsidiary of Bank of America, which I would understand if she doesn't realize it, however, here is the million dollar question: WHY WOULD YOU COMMENT ON A CARD THAT WON'T WORK WITHOUT EVER TRYING IT? What is it in for you? It was completely unnecessary. If she would have tried using my credit card it would have worked, but lets just say for arguments sake she was right, why does she have the urge to utter that its a prepaid card and it won't work without trying it?????? All of this happening in front of my father in law made it that much worse. I told these people that they were the most incompetent people and a disgrace to human intellect and walked out as I no longer wanted to stay at this hotel.

I do not remember the representatives' names, however if hotel management wants to know this incident happened on May 15, 2014 around 9 AM.

Again, I would suggest everyone reading this not to stay here because of the people working here. Until that is changed, I would suggest staying somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Belwood, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

I enjoyed my stay and the check out process made things very easy. The location is excellent with a lot of good restaurants in walking distance. the room was very clean and the complimentary breakfast was quite good. I would recommend this hotel.

Wayne, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel went out of their way to make us feel welcome during our stay. The desk staff were always friendly and helpful throughout our 3 night stay. The morning breakfast was excellent not only in presentation but in the quality of all the items. If you need to stay anywhere near this hotel - Don't pass it up

Sacramento, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

The room is always clean and comfortable. The Breakfast is not bad either. The location is just off the 10 freeway, and close to the Eastland Shopping Mall. There are plenty of restaurants nearby that give a discount for hotel guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Covina
Days Inn Of West Covina
#5 of 7 in West Covina
Courtyard Los Angeles Baldwin Park
BEST WESTERN San Dimas Hotel & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn Los Angeles/West Covina? Share your experiences!