“Nice, but could do just as well myself”

Gordon Ramsay at The London West Hollywood
Price range: US$0 - US$50
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: West Hollywood
Cross street: Sunset Blvd.
Description: The Rooftop by Gordon Ramsay offers delectable al fresco dining amid panoramic views and idyllic California weather. Under the direction of Executive Chef Anthony Keene, enjoy seasonal cuisine and approachable service at this rooftop oasis. Now open daily for all-day dining.
Melbourne, Australia
“Nice, but could do just as well myself”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I decided to treat myself (or so I thought) to one of Gordon Ramsays restaurants and it was a ho hum experience, disappointing really. The restaurant itself was beautiful but that's where the story ended. Staff were nice, friendly enough but the food was just average. I am a keen home cook and I have prepared and served just as good if not better at home. The scallops were sweet and cooked well, end of story

• Visited May 2014

Los Angeles, California
“Nice Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

If you're looking for a hidden place to enjoy your company & food, this is a GREAT place. The staff is a little up tight with a pinch of RUDENESS. But besides the staff, the decor & food are wonderful, just leave your cell in the car & enjoy the experience.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank KJ C
Los Angeles, California
“Delicious and creative food”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had dinner here during restaurant week so the menu was more limited than usual but we really enjoyed it. My husband loved the pork belly risotto. I had a nice salad and the filet. My husband had an interesting fish dish and the desserts were amazing. I would recommend this restaurant for large groups too. We once attended a birthday party here and they have very nice spaces for parties that are on the larger side. The service was attentive and accommodated my allergies.

Visited July 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Very nice classy restaurant”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We ate here during restaurant week so there was a special set menu being offered for a promotional price. The food was lovely and staff very friendly.

Visited August 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Hell's kitchen (and dining room)”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Gordon. There is a restaurant in LA that is using your name. You need to pay them a visit and put them through the hoopla you have put countless other restaurants with no idea.

Your greeter is lovely and chatty. Great. Unless you are the next arriving customer and she is off being lovely and chatty to the previous customer.

The extended love seat configuration of 2 tables for 2 needs to go. We didn't want to sit with them and they certainly didn't want us sitting with them either. It is not a youth hostel.

Server offered "ice cold filtered water" which was luke warm.

I admit I ordered a crap bottle of wine. Mea culpa.

Menu selections: I have broad tastes but nothing really appealed among the starters. I had the corn corn soup which was actually quite nice. But no soup spoon. It was the same dessert spoon used at breakfast (we were staying at the hotel).

My wife had the lobster roll where the "roll" referred to a sweet bread roll or brioche, rather than the shape of the lobster. Maybe we should have asked. It wasn't good and came with the same potato crisps that they serve the burgers and hotdogs by the pool.

Two beef fillets for mains. Can't stuff that up, can you? I ordered mine medium rare at it was medium well. Wife ordered hers medium and it was also medium well, perhaps a little less cooked than mine. C'mon guys! And it was a plate of dry food. No sauce to speak of.

The charcoal grilled cauliflower side dish was inexplicably almost a cauliflower curry - heavy on the cumin and curry powder, served with yoghurt and sultanas. The asparagus with Parmesan was very cheesy.

Dessert: wife ordered the "lemon custard and burnt meringue" which was a lemon meringue pie. I ordered the pistachio creme brûlée which was a brûlée cake with a soft soggy unappealing base.

The cost for this exercise in fault-ridden suppose fine dining was $260. I would not recommend it.

The following night we ate at Spago - that is what fine dining is all about. The lovely server at Spago spoke highly of Gordon Ramsay on the basis of his many visits. I can understand why he eats there.

Visited July 2014