“Excellent”

STK
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: West Hollywood
Cross street: Waring between Santa Monica and Melrose
LOS ANGELES
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Thought this would be another trendy spot with decent food and over priced. Not so. Food was excellent, from the appetizers to the main course and dessert. Probably ordered too much food but it was so good.

Visited April 2014

Los Angeles
“Home run on the 2nd try”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Went to STK many years ago (perhaps when they first opened) and did not care for it. Attitude at the front reception, we were sat at a bad table, the service was iffy and the steaks marginal.

Decided to give it another try. VERY impressed this time. We were seated in the main dining room (side room where we sat last time appears to be gone - remodeled). The space is very nicely decorated.

Our waiter was awesome, very friendly. We started with Yellowtail Crudo (yum) and oysters. I had the bone in filet. I am quite spoiled by Mastro's and that is my go to steak place (however after eating this steak I think I have a new go to!). The steak actually blew away Mastro's, simply perfect in every way.

All of the staff was spot on. If I had one complaint it would be the music, we got there at 7:30 and as the evening went on the music got louder and louder. It was bearable but would have preferred it to be as we arrived, it created a nice vibe and did not overpower the conversation at the table.

I give STK a thumbs up!!

• Visited May 2014
Rowlett, Texas, United States
“Good food if you overlook the bugs”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

When we first sat down there was a bug crawling on our booth. We took a photo of it and showed the manager. He actually suggested that the picture wasn't from there. That wasn't the first one at the table that night either. We had appetizers and desserts, the food was great and out of the ordinary. Our waitress was great. Management has a thing or two to learn.

Visited May 2014
Sydney, Australia
“the best of all the STKs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

I've visited STK in New York, Vegas and LA and the LA one is by far the best.

A great amount of space, very comfortable booths, and a very attentive team and manager.

Don't leave without trying the red wine sauce or Yukon mash. The steaks are amazing and the wine list brilliant. I'd happily do a tour of STK around the world.

Visited March 2014
West Hollywood, California
“Excellent Steak House!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Beautiful dark restaurant. Just what you'd expect in a great steakhouse. The bar is classic - excellent drinks. Excellent wine menu.

Some of the best steak I've had - I'm not even a red meat eater!

• Visited November 2013