“Nightclub with nice rooms”

Palihouse West Hollywood
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Topeka, Kansas
“Nightclub with nice rooms”
Reviewed 21 December 2012

I agree with the previous reviewer comments wholeheartedly. When I first arrived, I was impressed by the modern vibe, spacious rooms, cleanliness, and amenities available (in room kitchenette, washer/dryer, etc). However, I was not to pleased that each night I tossed and turned to booming music (until at least 2 am) that reminded me of my college days. My boyfriend and I were puzzled by if they were really a hotel, nightclub, or short term rental business. It seemed as if we were the only other individuals there staying as a hotel guest, and it was quite awkward walking through a private party to make the way to our room. Parking is ridiculously expensive ($26/night) and described as valet (but only for certain hours). I think they should just scrap calling it valet, because most often we had to get our car and it was a process to find someone to let us into the garage to get the car. While the place is gorgeous, the staff is friendly and helpful, it just seems like they don't have focus on what type of business they are trying to run.

Stayed December 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I really wanted to like this hotel. Great location, fresh decor, spacious, comfortable rooms. Nice to have space to spread out and a kitchenette available. However, if you are wanting peace and quiet--or at least a hotel without booming club music infiltrating your space--you will need to look elsewhere. It's a ridiculous business model to try and have a hopping bar scene in a building with an echoing courtyard area that runs up the entire hotel. Impossible to sleep, and the staff is powerless, if well-intentioned, to try and facilitate quiet. Granted, they did move me to a quieter room in the back of the property, but not after tossing and turning for a couple of precious hours without sleep. Perhaps good for night-owls, but pity those who may have an early flight as I did.

Room Tip: Away from the din of the bar, if at all possible.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Park Ridge, Illinois
Reviewed 4 December 2012

The Palihouse Holloway was like a home away from home.

Josh and Georgia treated me like I was a guest in their home, and the accommodations were SPECTACULAR! It seems to me they bent over backwards to accommodate my every need -- but not in a stuffy formal way, just how you'd treat a friend -- everything was just right.

And when my battery went dead for my iPad, the meeting service staff gladly plugged my iPhone into their personal computers so I'd have power on the way home.

Georgia was quick to give me directions to every place I wanted to visit and Josh offered to call a car service when I mentioned I was going to LAX at the end of my trip.

The room I stayed in was HUGE and beautifully appointed. There was even a really cool kitchen with a dining table right there -- and there are WINDOWS -- and they OPEN. A real treat if you're used to staying in blah chain hotels.

The location can't be beat -- 10 minute walk to Robertson, where all the great cafes and restaurants are located.

Just book it!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MRoman24
PalihouseManagement, Manager at Palihouse West Hollywood, responded to this review, 14 December 2012
Hi MRoman24,

Thank you for your wonderful five-star review. We are truly delighted to hear the terrific feedback on Josh and Georgia and that you felt right at home - which is exactly the experience we aim to give our guests at Palihouse.

We hope to see you again soon!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2012

The room was nice and all, and we liked it enough to stay two extra nights - big mistake.

Upon checking out we received our invoices and saw we had been charged at double the rate that we had on our booking confirmation (-1). The guy on the desk agreed that they had messed up but said he personally could do nothing to correct it and we would need to email their sales manager Cara Federici to sort out the refund (-2). I emailed her that day but received no reply until I chased her up again a week later (-3). She told me it had 'all been taken care of', but upon checking with my bank we had only been refunded half of what was owed (-4). Emailed Cara again asking what was going on and was told they were only refunding the first two nights as this is all we had proof for, and that the second two nights would stay at their highest rate! (-100)

Really disappointed at being scammed like this, it was not what I was expecting from a seemingly respectable establishment. So watch out!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rj_ferret
PalihouseManagement, Manager at Palihouse West Hollywood, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your posting. We apologize for any confusion regarding your booking, and it is by no means our goal to overcharge anyone! We are fair and honest and only oblige to our policies according to the terms of each reservation.

Anytime we are asked to bend the rules, make refunds, or reduce rates regardless of reason, we always do our very best to accommodate when possible yet also ask that our policies as outlined are respected in turn.

That said, it seems there may still be an unclear understanding of what specifically occured during your stay. Would you be so kind as to call Gonzalo Quintero, our Rooms Housemaster, at 323 327 9607 so he can look into the matter for you & we can make sure this is made right for you if an additional resolve is needed?

We thank you for your response.

Warm regards,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 17 November 2012

My mother and I stayed at the Palihouse this November. It is a beautiful hotel with huge spacious rooms. The grounds of the hotel are very clean and well looked after.
The courtyard and dining area of this hotel is gorgeous especially at night. The hotel is very central to main roads, there is easy access to and from their underground parking garage.

The staff are so friendly and very helpful. Our room was cleaned every other day, the cleaning staff was great, they would provide extra items if requested no questions asked.

We really enjoyed our stay with the Palihouse and would suggest it if you are looking for somewhere to stay in West Hollywood whether it is business or leisure.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
PalihouseManagement, Manager at Palihouse West Hollywood, responded to this review, 3 December 2012
Hi CLS06,

Thank you for your 5 star review of Palihouse. We are truly delighted to hear the terrific feedback on our staff and that you and your mother enjoyed your overall experience!

We hope to see you again soon!

Chicago Ridge, Illinois
Reviewed 17 November 2012

From the moment you walk in, this place was great. We must have looked a little bewildered because what turned out to be the hotel manager greeted us and walked us to the reception desk. He was excellent throughout the stay, seemingly always available, and always had a smile on his face. The young lady who checked us in was lovely as well.

It does get a little noisy some nights but, you are in Hollywood so it was a somewhat expected. The cleanliness of the room was impeccable and the quality of the sheets were nice. Our TV did not work at first but that was quickly resolved with a phone call. We did not have dinner but the atmosphere looked inviting. Overall, it was a very nice place and we plan to come back soon. Thank you Palihouse!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Hi John,

Thank you for 5 start review of Palihouse. We are delighted to hear you had a great experience and very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thank you again for sharing your positive experience with us!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2012

It's cute, quaint and the staff are lovely. But in my opinion this is not a hotel to stay in if you are on business.

For starters, the restaurant is closed Sunday and Monday - so no food. I am working long days, get back to the hotel and all I want is dinner and bed. They offer to go out for me but that's not the point.

There was an event one night during which the bass pumped into my bedroom - I called to complain and to their credit they turned the bass down. But they couldn't move me to a quieter room, I was given drinks vouchers and a free bottle of water by way of compensation.

There's also quite a lot of noise from the street as it's off Santa Monica Boulevard - definitely recommend ear plugs.

The Wifi is ropey. Better during the week, but at the weekend was horrendously weak.

Also, there is no business centre. Reception are more than happy to print out whatever you email to them, but that's not possible with confidential documents.

There is a bar open even when the restaurant is closed so that's something, but I won't ever stay here on business again. I'm not going to stay don't stay here, but for all it's PR, it falls well short of what I would consider a professional hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
PalihouseManagement, Manager at Palihouse West Hollywood, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your honesty, and are pleased to hear our staff offered remedies to all your concerns whilst on premise.

We understand Palihouse might not be the right fit for travelers who are accustomed to a big box style property like Marriott or Hyatt. We pride ourselves on individuality, comfortability of our oversized suites, and personalized service.

For guests who seek out this type of experience, we deliver a product & value proposition that is always well received.

We wish you all the very best in your travels, and thank you again for your posting.

Warm regards,