“Figure yourself out, Palihouse”

Palihouse West Hollywood
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
New York City, New York
“Figure yourself out, Palihouse”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This hotel needs to figure out if it wants to be a scene or a residence/hotel for people in the industry. It can't be both.
I travel for work a lot and spend tons of time in LA. This trip was a last minute, one night job to put out a fire, so I booked the Palihouse on Hotel Tonight. Folks had been recommending it for my longer stays, so I figured now would be the time to check it out.
Let's start by reiterating a concern I see here a lot. There was hair in my sink, on my robe and in my bed that WAS NOT MINE. I get their housekeeping policy, but you would think they do a thorough cleaning BETWEEN GUESTS. Plus, shortly after I checked in a housekeeper barged into my room to replace a glass. I was changing and she knocked, didn't wait for an answer and came in while I was yelling "One minute please!" over and over. Then she told me I should have my DND sign on if I didn't want her coming in. OK.
If you want your courtyard to be a scene here are a few things to do:
1-Don't LIE to customers who express concern about having their beds RIGHT OVER THE BAR and say "Oh, we shut it down at 10 PM". Because you DON'T.
2-Don'd lay out your rooms to have the beds next to the door if you are going to run a LOUD BAR in the courtyard. This suite is a studio apartment (a great space, by the way...with awesome amenities)...why would you have the bed in the loudest part?
I'm not an old fart. I like to have fun, but seriously. Seriously. I stayed for a night as a test run for staying for much longer, but forget it.
And finally, WTF is up with the parking situation. It was confusing. When I got there the valet took my car, didn't give me a ticket and told me I'd get one inside. Once I checked in, and agreed to pay $26 for overnight parking (NYC prices, btw), they gave me a pass and I had to wander through a maze of multiple staircases and elevators to find my car and put the pass in there. So, just add $26 and some mild confusion to the nightly rate you get when you are planning.
I hear the long term residence rooms are more chill, but I guess I won't find out for myself.
On the plus side, most of the staff has been really lovely!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the courtyard if you want to chill out before 11 p.m. And if you book throu...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
PalihouseManagement, Manager at Palihouse West Hollywood, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Economush,

I am very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations or our standards. I would first like to invite you back as I am sure we can make this up to you. We take great pride in both our lobby and hotel, and I am certain that they can flow comfortably in the busy atmosphere that is West Hollywood. I have spoken directly with my housekeeping staff about your concerns and apologize for any prior inconveniences. We have also added all day valet to make sure the arrival and check in experience are efficient and comfortable. Please contact me directly if you would like to try Palihouse again on your next visit to the Los Angeles area.

sean@palihouse.com

Palihouse West Hollywood

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 11 September 2013

The staff is great but the condition of the room needs some serious work. We had reserved just a standard suite but we're upgraded to one of the residences. Here are the issues we found.

-Hair in the bed (I am bald and my partner has short hair, definitely not ours)
-Condition of the furniture, everything seems to be scratched up from the table to the night stands. Spots on the sofa and pillows. Holes in the lamp.
-Carpet was stained
-Mold in the shower
-All the walls were marked up.
-Holes in the sheets and my towel tore in half when I was drying off with it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
PalihouseManagement, General Manager at Palihouse West Hollywood, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Palihouse on your most recent visit. We wanted to inform you that we are taking your concerns and comments very seriously and doing a thorough inspection in all our linen and general condition on the room you stayed in. In addition, we have put the room you stayed in out of order so that we can address the issues immediately. Please email fernando@pali-group.com directly next time you stay and he will make sure your next stay is much more enjoyable. We promise we won't disappoint you next time.

Warm Regards,

Palihouse Management.
Napier, Hawke's Bay, New Zealand
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed for 4 nights at this fabulous hotel!
The rooms were decorated well and the layout was excellent - the bathrooms were a decent size and it was great to have a lounge area separate from the bed.
The staff were absolutely fantastic - nothing was too much trouble!
We enjoyed eating in the restaurant, the food was delicious and reasonably priced.
The only thing I would comment on is that the couch in our room was in dire need of repair (the fabric was very ripped). Everything else was wonderful - I would definitely recommend staying here!

Room Tip: I would ask for a room as close to the rooftop as possible so you don't hear noice from the cour...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
PalihouseManagement, Manager at Palihouse West Hollywood, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Dear Corrina,

Thank you for the lovely review and your feedback. It was a pleasure having you as our guest while you visited L.A. It's great to hear our team was attentive to your needs and helpful. Please visit us again soon.

P.S. Our apologies for the couch! We pinpointed the couch and had it replaced right away.

Finest Regards
Palihouse Management
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 18 August 2013

When I first landed at LAX, I didn't really feel like I was "here" yet. Even our cab driver who so effortlessly tried to show us around Beverly Hills and Sunset Blvd upon arriving to the Palihouse still didn't sink in that I was actually in LA. Then I checked into the Palihouse. I finally felt like I was home and that my new home was Los Angeles, California. We were greeted with nothing but smiles and friendliness. We arrived a bit early (around 11am and check in was at 3pm) but Sean, one of your lovely employees, suggested we go grab a bite to eat around the hotel. Being fairly new to the city, I was not disappointed by his recommendations. We came back to open up our room and I was literally in shock as to what I would be living in for the next week.

We were greeted by a 1 bedroom loft that is so beautifully designed to make me want to live there forever. The style of the hotel fit into my needs of what I thought LA would be all about. Reading the negative reviews right now honestly made me sad because the reason you would want to vacation is so that you can relax and enjoy yourself and the Palihouse had everything like that and more.

The partying and the club and the bars -- my only complaint is that I just wish there was more! I mean, hello people, you're in WEST HOLLYWOOD. Honestly I would pay what I paid and more to stay here again. I loved it and it did make my experience in LA the most amazing traveling experience I've had to date. Thank you to everyone there who made me feel like a star in a sky of satellites!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Reem C
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 August 2013

.......and excellent accommodations. I booked this hotel through hot-wire.com which can sometimes be nerve racking. There was nothing to be nervous about. This hotel is a gem. The location can't be best-off of Sunset in West Hollywood. Close to everything...Beverly Hills, Universal Studios, etc. The room was MASSIVE. 2 bathrooms, full kitchen, big living room, etc.-felt like home away from home. The staff was super kind and helpful. Will stay again AND recommend to anyone traveling to West Hollywood. I understand that there is a Palihouse in Santa Monica as well that's just as nice. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
PalihouseManagement, Manager at Palihouse West Hollywood, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Srgardella,

Thank you for the great review. We are excited to hear you enjoyed the accommodations, the super kind staff, and of course the location, location, location! We very much look forward to having you visit again here in West Hollywood and at our beautiful new Santa Monica property. Please email me directly at gonzalo@pali-group.com and I will make sure to take care of your reservation personally.

Warm Regards,

Gonzalo Quintero
AD of Paligroup Operations
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 11 August 2013

As soon as we arrived at the Palihouse, West Hollywood, we felt VIPs.
Georgia was extremely helpful and efficient during our check in.
Our 2 bedroom loft residence was amazing! Huge, beautifully cool decorated and hyper comfortable. The beds were really comfortable and the bedding excellent.
The location is perfect. Parking in the house very convenient.
We had dinner at the hotel and loved the food and the patio setting.
Everything is superb! We will definitely be back!
Thanks Palihouse for making our family vacation unforgettable!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Mr. Viaja and family,

It was our pleasure to host you at Palihouse during your recent visit. We go out of our way to make everyone feel like a VIP and we are very happy to hear Georgia treated you as so, she is one of our best. Our residence are pretty amazing, aren't they? We put a lot of thought and love into them so it's great to hear the feedback. We are also glad you dined with us at the Courtyard Brasserie and enjoyed the food and ambiance alike. Please return soon. It would be great to see you and your family again.

Best Regards,

Gonzalo Quintero
AD of Paligroup Operations
West Hollywood, California
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Everything is perfect at the Palihouse. The environment is private, pretty, spacious and incredibly comfortable. I love staying at Palihouse because it's so comfortable and inviting. Their two bedroom and one bedroom loft residences are a little piece of heaven. The food is fantastic and fresh. The service is speedy and reliable. Their concierge, Georgia is a gem. Sean is lovely as well. Palihouse is my home away from home forevermore. I'm so happy I discovered it and I don't like sharing it with too many people because it's a secret, hidden gem.

Room Tip: Go for the two bedroom loft residence or the one bedroom loft residence.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo