Palihouse West Hollywood
Sunset Tower Hotel(West Hollywood)
US$456
Hotels.com
Petit Ermitage(West Hollywood)
US$609
US$583
  • Pool
Andaz West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$334
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$415
US$334
  • Breakfast included
Chamberlain West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$324
  • Restaurant
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$435
US$412
US$566
US$522
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Le Montrose Suite Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$372
US$250
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Grafton on Sunset(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$318
US$246
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Le Parc Suite Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$353
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
All reviewswasher dryerfull kitchentea kettlestudio apartmentsoho housecourtyard restaurantan extended staybody washhome away from homelaundry roombeautiful boutique hotelcomplimentary upgradebusiness hotellos angelesrooftop barla cienegabig room
Reviewed 23 September 2013

On our last trip to LA we spent 3 nights at the Palihouse in West Hollywood. We found the staff to be incredibly helpful and the room (upgraded to one of the residence suites) extremely comfortable with excellent amenities. Can't say enough about the staff. We were a very late arrival, but were met warmly by Emmi at reception who despite the hour helped us get comfortably settled in. One of the Directors, Sean made some terrific restaurant recommendations and couldn't have been nicer or more attentive. The lobby is an inviting space. It is a perfect haven whether for a business meeting, or a quiet drink in the afternoon. This is a gem.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
PalihouseManagement, Manager at Palihouse West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear U1685XGmark_s,

Thank you for such a wonderful review and description of our property. The kind words about our staff are very much appreciated. It is also great to hear that Emmi helped ensure your arrival was comfortable during the evening hours and that Sean looked after you. You are always welcome back at the Palihouse and we would be thrilled to see you again soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Love this place, and it's super dog friendly. Great place for living, taking business meetings or lunches. The lobby is great for hanging out and writing. Rooms have a New York loft feel (the whole place reminds me of the Soho House in NY) and you can walk to a lot of great restaurants. It's very special and cool, great for a longer-term stay as well. It's kind of a scene on the weekends, but somehow your room is still quiet, so it didn't bother us even though we were there with a young child.

Room Tip: Room 319 is the highest ceilings and a closed door on the second (downstairs) bedroom if you need that because you are traveling with a child or something. The other two-bedrooms are great but I don't think have a door that closes -- they are all more like lofts, but gorgeous.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cindy C

Dear Cindy C,

Thank you your lovely review and the tips for our future guests. We try our very best to ensure our guests feel comfortable while enjoying the atmosphere of our lobby, lounge, and exciting neighborhood. Hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 13 September 2013

This hotel needs to figure out if it wants to be a scene or a residence/hotel for people in the industry. It can't be both.
I travel for work a lot and spend tons of time in LA. This trip was a last minute, one night job to put out a fire, so I booked the Palihouse on Hotel Tonight. Folks had been recommending it for my longer stays, so I figured now would be the time to check it out.
Let's start by reiterating a concern I see here a lot. There was hair in my sink, on my robe and in my bed that WAS NOT MINE. I get their housekeeping policy, but you would think they do a thorough cleaning BETWEEN GUESTS. Plus, shortly after I checked in a housekeeper barged into my room to replace a glass. I was changing and she knocked, didn't wait for an answer and came in while I was yelling "One minute please!" over and over. Then she told me I should have my DND sign on if I didn't want her coming in. OK.
If you want your courtyard to be a scene here are a few things to do:
1-Don't LIE to customers who express concern about having their beds RIGHT OVER THE BAR and say "Oh, we shut it down at 10 PM". Because you DON'T.
2-Don'd lay out your rooms to have the beds next to the door if you are going to run a LOUD BAR in the courtyard. This suite is a studio apartment (a great space, by the way...with awesome amenities)...why would you have the bed in the loudest part?
I'm not an old fart. I like to have fun, but seriously. Seriously. I stayed for a night as a test run for staying for much longer, but forget it.
And finally, WTF is up with the parking situation. It was confusing. When I got there the valet took my car, didn't give me a ticket and told me I'd get one inside. Once I checked in, and agreed to pay $26 for overnight parking (NYC prices, btw), they gave me a pass and I had to wander through a maze of multiple staircases and elevators to find my car and put the pass in there. So, just add $26 and some mild confusion to the nightly rate you get when you are planning.
I hear the long term residence rooms are more chill, but I guess I won't find out for myself.
On the plus side, most of the staff has been really lovely!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the courtyard if you want to chill out before 11 p.m. And if you book through a deal site you will end up in a loud spot.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Economush,

I am very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations or our standards. I would first like to invite you back as I am sure we can make this up to you. We take great pride in both our lobby and hotel, and I am certain that they can flow comfortably in the busy atmosphere that is West Hollywood. I have spoken directly with my housekeeping staff about your concerns and apologize for any prior inconveniences. We have also added all day valet to make sure the arrival and check in experience are efficient and comfortable. Please contact me directly if you would like to try Palihouse again on your next visit to the Los Angeles area.

sean@palihouse.com

Reviewed 11 September 2013

The staff is great but the condition of the room needs some serious work. We had reserved just a standard suite but we're upgraded to one of the residences. Here are the issues we found.

-Hair in the bed (I am bald and my partner has short hair, definitely not ours)
-Condition of the furniture, everything seems to be scratched up from the table to the night stands. Spots on the sofa and pillows. Holes in the lamp.
-Carpet was stained
-Mold in the shower
-All the walls were marked up.
-Holes in the sheets and my towel tore in half when I was drying off with it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
PalihouseManagement, General Manager at Palihouse West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Palihouse on your most recent visit. We wanted to inform you that we are taking your concerns and comments very seriously and doing a thorough inspection in all our linen and general condition on the room you stayed in. In addition, we have put the room you stayed in out of order so that we can address the issues immediately. Please email fernando@pali-group.com directly next time you stay and he will make sure your next stay is much more enjoyable. We promise we won't disappoint you next time.

Warm Regards,

Palihouse Management.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed for 4 nights at this fabulous hotel!
The rooms were decorated well and the layout was excellent - the bathrooms were a decent size and it was great to have a lounge area separate from the bed.
The staff were absolutely fantastic - nothing was too much trouble!
We enjoyed eating in the restaurant, the food was delicious and reasonably priced.
The only thing I would comment on is that the couch in our room was in dire need of repair (the fabric was very ripped). Everything else was wonderful - I would definitely recommend staying here!

Room Tip: I would ask for a room as close to the rooftop as possible so you don't hear noice from the courtyard on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
PalihouseManagement, Manager at Palihouse West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Dear Corrina,

Thank you for the lovely review and your feedback. It was a pleasure having you as our guest while you visited L.A. It's great to hear our team was attentive to your needs and helpful. Please visit us again soon.

P.S. Our apologies for the couch! We pinpointed the couch and had it replaced right away.

Finest Regards