“Great Hotel”

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Stoke sub Hamdon, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed three nights in October, we were very impressed with the check in, after travelling for 16 hours we were invited to sit on a nice comfortable sofa while we checked in. What a nice relaxing touch.

The hotel is well located and the rooms are very nice and comfortable. Although we had a room over looking the main road the noise insulation is good and this had no effect on our sleep.

All staff were friendly and helpful
A great hotel and we would stay there again or recommend it to friends.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
PalihouseManagement, Manager at Palihouse West Hollywood, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Brian E,

Thank you your wonderful five-star review. I am so pleased to hear that you were able to relax after your lengthy travels. It is also gratifying to hear that our staff was friendly and helpful throughout your stay. We hope to see you soon and thank you again for recommending us!

Palihouse West Hollywood

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Woodside
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Let me start by saying, less than 30 minutes ago I was blown away by the BEST check-in experience I have EVER had in 30 years of international travel, staying in some of the best hotels in the world.

After a difficult and long day, ending up in unexpectedly having to find a hotel room at 1130pm, and learning http://hotels.com doesn't offer same night bookings, I used hotel tonight to find a room- I noticed a spot I had visited as a bar customer while living in Los Angeles, Pali House- west Hollywood.

I arrived tired, bummed, and frankly dreading and expecting a Loud bar scene.

I opened the front door, to a gorgeous, fun and tastefully furnished lobby that was empty and nicely quiet. Empty except for the wonderful Emmi who checked me in. He could not have been more professional, informative, and able to meet all my small requests with charm and speed.

I would say all of this without the unbelievable upgrade to a corner suite, about 800 feet of awesome.

Pali House and Emmi have just created a loyal customer and evangelist for life. As opposed to the Rosewood Sand Hill Road, whose General Manager only responded to a disastrous situation in order to attempt to remove a negative review, not for what actual damages occurred to me, but only to remove the comment about the rampant and forcefully offensive bar scene at his hotel.

I only mention this, to highlight that the supposed service offered by highly ranked 5 star brands can disappoint tremendously, while little hotels with great taste, and most importantly customer focused employees like Emmi shock you with an all time world class experience.

All for $199.

Awesome- thanks Emmi!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Peter G,

Thank you your glowing five-star review. We couldn’t be happier to hear that our staff was so welcoming & informative at check in, I have made sure to inform Emmi of his excellence! We are also glad to hear you enjoyed our corner suite and would be thrilled to reserve you one during your next visit!

All the best,
Wollerau, Switzerland
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I enjoyed very much my stay at the Palihouse: the rooms are HUGE and extremely well furnished (incl washing machine, fully equipped kitchen, couch etc...). The housekeeping crew is also great. I also liked the common areas very much: the decoration is very tasteful all over the hotel. Nonetheless, I would say that this hotel has a weak point: the service. In order to be able to ask for a menu/order something/ask for the bill, I always had to wait at least 10min. In fact, there is only one waiter and, due to the layout of the lobby/lounge, it is hard to get his/her attention. When it comes to the front desk, most of the people I dealt with had some kind of arrogance. What really annoyed me is their lack of help when it comes to special requests... After asking, I was informed that checkout was at 11.00, but that they could extend it to 11.30 AM. I travel a lot a lot and am used to noon/2.00PM. Also, on my last day, I asked if I could pay them for stamps so that they could send postcards for me and the answer was a very blunt negative one. I don't see why they couldnt mail my cards. In order to finish on a good note, the eggs benedict are probably the best I ever had. I hope the hotel can make their service better as the concept and the building are a jewel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Scott B,

Thank you your four star review. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed our design elements of our hotel and spacious suite. I have spoken directly with my team about your concerns and we would very much welcome the opportunity to make up for the service level during your past visit. As you mentioned, it is of utmost importance that our service level meet the concept of our design. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience, hope to see you soon!

Warmest Regards,
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My husband and I travel several times per year to Los Angeles with our 2 small dogs for sometimes up to 2 weeks and since we discovered the Palihouse Holloway four years ago , we would not want to stay anywhere else ...The spacious rooms, their amenities,the friendly staff (especially Sean) , the Tuesday Jazz, the great food and room service make this hotel a place we are always happy to go back to and where we feel very much at home ...It is also so conveniently centrally located and surrounded by great restaurants and shopping destinations and the parking underneath the hotel is extremely practical .It is a very special place ...

Room Tip: We just stayed in 317 and looooved it ...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Fabienne D,

Thank you your lengthy five-star review. You have been such a loyal customer and we are always thrilled to welcome you back, hope you had a wonderful holiday and we all look forward to seeing you on your next visit. Thank you again!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I visit Los Angeles frequently for work, and stay for 3 days to 3 weeks at The Palihouse. What I love are the spacious rooms, especially the suites. Fridge, washer/dryers, great clothes storage, amazing showers - it's a lovely place to come back to after working all day. For self catering, trader joes and a number of markets are nearby. Even a cvs (with wine!) over the road for a quick fill-in.
The hotel hosts jazz nights on Tuesdays, the patio and dining room are fantastic, and yes, it can get loud when there are parties, but they close the patio off so the noise is contained before midnight (maybe earlier, I can't recall) which is way more than a lot of the boutique hotels do. Anyway, there are earplugs in the drawer, if needed. Parking is below the hotel, front desk are lovely people and it's easy to find a bite to eat in walking distance too! The tv' shave dvr so you can record your fave shows too. All in all, a great home away from home!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Fmbrit,

Thank you your detailed five-star review. I am so pleased to hear that you continue to enjoy your return visits to Palihouse. I would also like to thank you for your kind words about our staff and services, we look forward to being your home away from home when visiting Los Angeles!

Many thanks,
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 September 2013

On our last trip to LA we spent 3 nights at the Palihouse in West Hollywood. We found the staff to be incredibly helpful and the room (upgraded to one of the residence suites) extremely comfortable with excellent amenities. Can't say enough about the staff. We were a very late arrival, but were met warmly by Emmi at reception who despite the hour helped us get comfortably settled in. One of the Directors, Sean made some terrific restaurant recommendations and couldn't have been nicer or more attentive. The lobby is an inviting space. It is a perfect haven whether for a business meeting, or a quiet drink in the afternoon. This is a gem.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear U1685XGmark_s,

Thank you for such a wonderful review and description of our property. The kind words about our staff are very much appreciated. It is also great to hear that Emmi helped ensure your arrival was comfortable during the evening hours and that Sean looked after you. You are always welcome back at the Palihouse and we would be thrilled to see you again soon!

Warm Regards,
Marina del Rey
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Love this place, and it's super dog friendly. Great place for living, taking business meetings or lunches. The lobby is great for hanging out and writing. Rooms have a New York loft feel (the whole place reminds me of the Soho House in NY) and you can walk to a lot of great restaurants. It's very special and cool, great for a longer-term stay as well. It's kind of a scene on the weekends, but somehow your room is still quiet, so it didn't bother us even though we were there with a young child.

Room Tip: Room 319 is the highest ceilings and a closed door on the second (downstairs) bedroom if you need th...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cindy C
Dear Cindy C,

Thank you your lovely review and the tips for our future guests. We try our very best to ensure our guests feel comfortable while enjoying the atmosphere of our lobby, lounge, and exciting neighborhood. Hope to see you again soon!