“Home away from NYC”

Chamberlain West Hollywood
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This is a great hotel for work and for pleasure. I stayed 5 nights in this hotel while working in LA and the staff could not have been more accommodating and helpful. The rooms are terrific, spacious, modern and comfortable. The food is great in the restaurant and the bar tenders could not be nicer. Coffee is served in the morning in the lobby, which was a nice surprise, especially if you are on east coast time and up at 5am. The location could not be better--walking distance from restaurants, boutiques, drug store - everything you need. But again, what made it for me was the staff. I felt welcome, safe (as a single traveler) and when I needed help with anything, they were there.

Looking forward to my next stay!

Room Tip: Higher floors are better for ATT cell service.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
JDouponce, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear ny1971.
Wow! Thank you for the excellent review! I’m always excited when I hear that a guest of ours had a great stay, and it is with pleasure to hear how much you enjoyed yours. I am always so pleased when our staff is recognized. They are the heart of the hotel, and we are just so fortunate to have such nice associates. I will share your review with the team. I know they will enjoy the feedback as much as I have. Thank you for your business.

Hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Chamberlain West Hollywood

Reviewed 12 November 2013

The hotel is decorated in the Hollywood regency style, has breathtaking views at nights from the pool deck and is located in a residential neighborhood in West Hollywood. It gives you a taste of life in West Hollywood, not the usual tourist experience. Excellent restaurants on Sunset Blvd and Santa Monica Blvd are within 5 minutes on foot. Claudia at reception was excellent and made sure that we had a suitable room. All round an excellent choice.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
JDouponce, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear JC_OC2013.
Many thanks for the great review and the special acknowledgement of Claudia, I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us at The Chamberlain and our terrific location. Hope we will see you again soon. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We wanted a hotel within striking distance of lots to do, but also a place to debrief and digest our experiences in between. We felt like we'd found our oasis. We loved our room--nicely appointed and quiet--and Jonathon, the doorman, made us feel like we were "coming home" when we hit the hotel door. We loved the rooftop pool. And when we got home, we couldn't wait for the first person to ask us if we'd seen anybody famous while we were in LA. How about Ewan McGregor--in the pool--at our hotel--in his tuxedo! Yes,it was for a photo shoot, but that's got to tell you their pool is pretty awesome!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
JDouponce, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Norma a Shearer.
I am delighted you felt The Chamberlain was your oasis. Thank you for the great review and the shout out to Jonathan. I will be sure to share your comments with everyone. We receive many compliments on our pool deck being "awesome". I hope we will see you again soon. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed at The Chamberlain a few weeks ago and just loved it. I was there for work but also squeezed in a concert at the Hollywood Bowl, lunch with friends in Venice and then dinners at Spago and Bouchon, in Beverly Hills. This property was wonderfully located to everything and I kept squeezing more and more things to do. Loved the rooms and the view but enjoyed a glass of wine at the end of my day, while sitting in the living room warmed by our fireplace...ahhh,. This hotel is nestled in a quite community but central to so much..and lots to do within a short walking distance. Found my new favorite store, Trader Joes, just one block away. The staff here was awesome, especially at the front desk, the restaurant and the valet team. From the moment we arrived, to the morning we left, we got warm and friendly service. Can't wait to go back...there is still so much more I want to see and do. Again, my new favorite hotel when in LA.. My home, away from home.

Room Tip: Get the room with the fireplace, it's worth every penny!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Kehau A.

The Chamberlain is honored and humbled to be your “favorite place to stay.” I am delighted you mentioned so many of the reasons why our guests love our hotel, location, and most important our staff. Thank you for acknowledging our team. We so much appreciate your business and can't wait for you to return either.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Quiet and nice clean boutique hotel,reasonably priced for location. Our first room was street level which for the price felt like a basement and we requested a move - In this room the internet did not work at all which was disappointing. After moving rooms the new room was much better, high quality and quiet accommodation. However, the wifi/internet connection was quite weak still and seems to have been a problem for a while at the hotel which has an open connection (no password). No excuse really for a high end California hotel in 2013 - should be a very simple thing to get right and inexpensive. quite an inconvenience for international guests

Room Tip: avoid ground floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Scottjmcg.
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Chamberlain. I am pleased our team was able to accommodate your room change request. We did experience an internet issue during your stay and I do apologize for that inconvenience. We very much appreciate your business. Hope to see you on your next visit to our area. Please feel free to contact me personally for any future reservation.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed at The Chamberlain last weekend while in town for a concert at the Hollywood Bowl. The property is nicely situated in West Hollywood and was an easy cab ride to anywhere we wanted to go. Sat by the rooftop pool for a while and enjoyed the views and ambiance. Our room was large and nicely appointed with a good size bathroom and seating area. The staff members we interacted with were all very helpful and polite. Would definitely stay at The Chamberlain again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Jessica Q.
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at The Chamberlain in West Hollywood. We do have a terrific central location for easy access to so many things to do in the LA area.Thank you for acknowledging our staff, we are fortunate to have such a great team. We do look forward to seeing you again soon and very much appreciate your patronage and taking the time to review us.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I don't get all the reviews. I was expecting the best after reading the reviews, but very disappointed.

Nice neighbourhood although not much to do in a walking distance, well I guess it's LA and people don't walk.

Showed up at the hotel, no bell man to help carrying the luggages although I was travelling with my wife and baby daughter, so couple suitcases that I had to bring over to the room by myself after a quick check-in.

I booked a large room with a kitchenette and large living room. No complaint with the size of the living room and bathroom, but comparably the bedroom was tiny and we could barely fit the crib next to the bed not to mention the lack of space for the suitcases.

The rooms were surprisingly dark, but probably had to do with the proximity of other buildings in this particular residential neighbourhood and the fact that the hotel is a low raise building. Still, not pleasant to put the lights on during the day I would say.

Room service was way below average although quick. Ordered food couple of times and never a good experience. Staff was always in a hurry, dropping the tray on the table and not setting up the tables or doing anything else but collecting the tab.
Food was average at best.

Dinner table was dirty and seems like never clean, with a ton of finger print, not ideal to have a meal in the room.

Stayed at the Sofitel in beverly hills the time before and certainly a more pleasant experience as far as service.

Won't stay there again,

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Christophe L
JDouponce, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear Christophe L.
Thank you for your business and taking the time to review your stay at The Chamberlain. I do find it disappointing to not have the opportunity to discuss any issues personally that may arise when a guest is on property. We do offer various size suites and we certainly would have made every effort to accommodate your needs. We do hope you will visit us again in the future and I invite you to contact me personally and I will make sure we take excellent care of you and your family. Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Hollywood
#4 of 19 in West Hollywood
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel
#12 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to Chamberlain West Hollywood? Share your experiences!