“Generally pleasant” 4 of 5 bubbles

Chamberlain West Hollywood
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in West Hollywood
“Generally pleasant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on and off for years. Large comfortable rooms. Pleasant restaurant with a patio. Generally friendly and accommodating. There is a nice fitness room, but I prefer getting a workout by going for a morning walk around the quiet hilly neighborhood.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Orphankids.
Thank you for being a loyal customer. I am pleased you enjoy the hotel and our quiet yet hilly neighborhood. We very much appreciate your business and I will share them with our team. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

John Douponce

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Korean first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

The quaintness of the hotel, secluded location, professionalism of the staff, and quality of the decor (especially the fitness facility) is top-notch! The rooftop pool has the best view in all of WeHo and I try and stay at the Chamberlain any time I travel to LA. I truly think this establishment is a gem, hidden in the heart of one of the city's hottest and most desirable areas.

Room Tip: All rooms are distinct and great!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Rodney W.
WOW! Reading your review made me smile. Our number one goal is to provide exceptional service at all levels to our guests and it sounds as if we succeeded. I am thrilled you had an enjoyable stay and thank you also for acknowledging our great team. I agree we have a "top notch" fitness center for a Boutique Hotel. I was born and raised in Michigan and after speaking with my family over the Holidays I know we had great weather for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for choosing the Chamberlain.

Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

In the final leg of our US adventure, my wife and I decided to re-live our childhood memories of Disneyland and the Hollywood studios. We weren't too keen to stay on Hollywood Blvd and none of the hotels on Sunset Blvd fit the bill for us. So with the final roll of the dice, we happen to come across The Chamberlain.

From the moment we arrived, the staff was friendly and welcoming. Jake (our concierge, I think) was very helpful and accommodating. The room was very large and spacious, we had 2 LCD television, no chance for me and my wife to argue over missing out on our favorite programs. At first I thought the room had a very interesting feel to it: Overall, the decor had a black and white theme with the carpet having little square grids, giving me the impression of a 'tiled flooring'. The furniture seemed a bit dated but comfortable. The bed was very soft..perfect for my back-aches.

The Chamberlain is located in a fairly quite section of West Hollywood and well away from the hustle and bustle of Hollywood and Sunset Boulevard (about 2km-5km away). For the peace and serenity, the trade-off was there aren't a lot of restaurants within walking distance of the Chamberlain. Sunset and Hollywood Boulevard would have more to offer. Nevertheless, we certainly enjoyed our stay, felt really looked after by the friendly staff and our room was the perfect 'home away from home' to come back to after a day of touring.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Dear F1gar0.
I am so pleased the roll of the dice came up Chamberlain! Indeed our team of employees are great, and Jake is always willing to go that extra mile to be accommodating to our guests. We were glad to be your "home away from home". Your comments coming from such a top contributor on Tripadvisor and very much appreciated. I do hope we will see you and your wife again soon on your next US adventure. Thank you so much for your kind words and your patronage.
Voorhees, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

We recently stayed at the Chamberlain will visiting California. We stayed at the Chamberlain for 3 nights. I loved the hotel. The suite we had was very spacious, and had a modern decor. The hotel staff were very helpful. We did have a couple of problems (room assignment) and toilet issue, and they were very quick to resolve each problem right away. The neighborhood was absolutely lovely. The location is perfect to visit a lot of the popular Hollywood/LA sights. There are some great restaurants within walking distance, and the hotel itself is beautiful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear jackplot.
Thank you for the "Great Review". I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and loved the hotel and location. We always strive to exceed expectations. I also very much appreciate you acknowledging our team and how quick they were to respond to any request. I am very fortunate to have a great staff that really enjoys the hospitality business. Thank you so much for your feedback and your business. We hope to see you soon!

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights while visiting LA and loved every minute. Excellent location between Santa Monica Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard. Hotel is in great condition, clean and modern with marble bathrooms, large bedrooms and plenty of space. The staff are also great - they were accommodating when we had to leave our luggage in storage for the day, and also assisted us in getting around. Next time I visit LA I wont look elsewhere to stay. This is the place to be!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Rayyan J.
Thank you for your five star review and acknowledging our "great" team. I am so pleased they were helpful with your requests. The staff are the heart of any hotel, and we are so fortunate to have the best. We look forward to your next visit. I personally am looking forward to watching the upcoming Australian Open..One of my favorites. Wishing you and your family a very safe and happy 2014!

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

The Chamberlain was recommended by friends and I stayed around the Christmas holiday. When I arrived it was about 10 a.m. and I was expecting to have to leave my bags with the bellman, but upon arriving at the check-in desk, my room was ready! Thank you Brad! This really relieved a lot of stress as I was able to have a secure place to keep my bags and unwind for a few minutes before I headed out. The hotel is conveniently located in a delightful residential neighborhood and you can walk to many little cafes including Starbucks and Coffee Bean. The photos online do not do the hotel justice. The living room area is much nicer than it appeared and even had a fireplace. The room was huge. I was on the top floor and had a good view. The hotel was well decorated for the holiday. They provided free coffee in the lobby every morning. The gym was better than a full fitness club. I loved it. We had breakfast in the Hotel Bistro. The food and service by Tara was really very good. The weather was in the 80’s, I did not bring a bathing suit however enjoyed sitting on the rooftop deck by the pool. The views were beautiful. Absolutely will return and recommend.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ph3do
Dear ph3do.
We so appreciate your comments on TripAdvisor. You gave a really comprehensive review which will be very helpful to our future guests. Thank you for your comments acknowledging Brad and Tara. I am so pleased we were able to accommodate your early arrival allowing you to unwind and relax. I will share your comments with them and our entire team. The weather was amazing over the Holidays, next time bring your swimsuit.

Thank you for your business.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Spent two nights at the Chamberlain just before Christmas. Matt at the front desk was super helpful, printing out our tickets to Lion King and giving advice on where to go/what to see. Christian in the dining room was really friendly and helpful as well, serving us a big breakfast and giving us magazines with local attractions. We were also given a very good deal with free parking, WiFi and breakfast, thanks to Matt and the manager.

The rooms were large and attractive, with both fireplace and airconditioning, but not large enough for 5 adult-size people, which we intially thought it would be. We had to get two rooms. The only downside was the first night, when the people next-door were noisy all night and into the morning, and a group ran through the hallway and slammed a door at around 5 am. Other than this, we had a great stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear Angie2014.
Very happy you enjoyed yourself! Thanks for the kind words about our team, we love them too. I'm always particularly proud when they are mentioned by name. I will share your comments with Matt and Cristian. I hope you also enjoyed the Lion King, it is one of my favorite shows. Many people do not realize how much live theater is available in the LA area. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for your feedback and your business. On behalf of the Chamberlain team. Happy New Year!