“Excelent location and very pleasant”

Chamberlain West Hollywood
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I really enjoyed my staying at the Chamberlain hotel. Few things to improve like housekeeping and services, but overall excellent experience

The hotel has an excellent location in a very quiet and beautiful neighborhood, close to Melrose, Beverly Hills, etc

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Giselle M.
I am delighted you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed our excellent location. Our neighborhood is very quiet and beautiful. I do hope we will see you again. We really appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I was traveling to LA on business and had booked this particular hotel for two reasons 1) it was centrally located to all of my meetings, which were pretty spread out all over LA and 2) because it was designed by Kelly Wearstler protege David McCauley, and I knew it would be chic. Chic it was- well appointed accessories and thoughtful details made it feel much more like a hip apartment building than a hotel. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, but the best thing about the hotel is the staff, particularly Indika and Jake at reception. They were both so accommodating and non-judgemental when I asked to change rooms (there was nothing wrong with my original room, for me it was a superstitious thing) and had my bags moved and waiting for me in the new room when I returned from a long day. They were gracious and made sure my new room was comfortable and suitable, which it certainly was. Food in the Bistro was great and they have a phenomenal wine list. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor if you like your room to have natural sunlight during the day....if you want...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear hope c.
We are exceptionally happy when we can exceed the expectations of TripAdvisor reviewers. Thank you for taking the time to post your experience. I will share your really terrific comments with our team and your shout out to Indy and Jake. I am just delighted they handled your requests with ease. I think our team makes a huge difference in the guest experience here at the Chamberlain. They strive to go "Above and beyond..."Chef will be very happy to see how much you enjoyed his food and wine list. He is working on introducing some new dinner specials in the near future. We just had a tasting, one of his new items is a Vegetarian Chili that was incredible..We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you so much for choosing the Chamberlain!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on and off for years. Large comfortable rooms. Pleasant restaurant with a patio. Generally friendly and accommodating. There is a nice fitness room, but I prefer getting a workout by going for a morning walk around the quiet hilly neighborhood.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Orphankids.
Thank you for being a loyal customer. I am pleased you enjoy the hotel and our quiet yet hilly neighborhood. We very much appreciate your business and I will share them with our team. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

The quaintness of the hotel, secluded location, professionalism of the staff, and quality of the decor (especially the fitness facility) is top-notch! The rooftop pool has the best view in all of WeHo and I try and stay at the Chamberlain any time I travel to LA. I truly think this establishment is a gem, hidden in the heart of one of the city's hottest and most desirable areas.

Room Tip: All rooms are distinct and great!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Rodney W.
WOW! Reading your review made me smile. Our number one goal is to provide exceptional service at all levels to our guests and it sounds as if we succeeded. I am thrilled you had an enjoyable stay and thank you also for acknowledging our great team. I agree we have a "top notch" fitness center for a Boutique Hotel. I was born and raised in Michigan and after speaking with my family over the Holidays I know we had great weather for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for choosing the Chamberlain.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

In the final leg of our US adventure, my wife and I decided to re-live our childhood memories of Disneyland and the Hollywood studios. We weren't too keen to stay on Hollywood Blvd and none of the hotels on Sunset Blvd fit the bill for us. So with the final roll of the dice, we happen to come across The Chamberlain.

From the moment we arrived, the staff was friendly and welcoming. Jake (our concierge, I think) was very helpful and accommodating. The room was very large and spacious, we had 2 LCD television, no chance for me and my wife to argue over missing out on our favorite programs. At first I thought the room had a very interesting feel to it: Overall, the decor had a black and white theme with the carpet having little square grids, giving me the impression of a 'tiled flooring'. The furniture seemed a bit dated but comfortable. The bed was very soft..perfect for my back-aches.

The Chamberlain is located in a fairly quite section of West Hollywood and well away from the hustle and bustle of Hollywood and Sunset Boulevard (about 2km-5km away). For the peace and serenity, the trade-off was there aren't a lot of restaurants within walking distance of the Chamberlain. Sunset and Hollywood Boulevard would have more to offer. Nevertheless, we certainly enjoyed our stay, felt really looked after by the friendly staff and our room was the perfect 'home away from home' to come back to after a day of touring.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Dear F1gar0.
I am so pleased the roll of the dice came up Chamberlain! Indeed our team of employees are great, and Jake is always willing to go that extra mile to be accommodating to our guests. We were glad to be your "home away from home". Your comments coming from such a top contributor on Tripadvisor and very much appreciated. I do hope we will see you and your wife again soon on your next US adventure. Thank you so much for your kind words and your patronage.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We recently stayed at the Chamberlain will visiting California. We stayed at the Chamberlain for 3 nights. I loved the hotel. The suite we had was very spacious, and had a modern decor. The hotel staff were very helpful. We did have a couple of problems (room assignment) and toilet issue, and they were very quick to resolve each problem right away. The neighborhood was absolutely lovely. The location is perfect to visit a lot of the popular Hollywood/LA sights. There are some great restaurants within walking distance, and the hotel itself is beautiful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear jackplot.
Thank you for the "Great Review". I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and loved the hotel and location. We always strive to exceed expectations. I also very much appreciate you acknowledging our team and how quick they were to respond to any request. I am very fortunate to have a great staff that really enjoys the hospitality business. Thank you so much for your feedback and your business. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights while visiting LA and loved every minute. Excellent location between Santa Monica Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard. Hotel is in great condition, clean and modern with marble bathrooms, large bedrooms and plenty of space. The staff are also great - they were accommodating when we had to leave our luggage in storage for the day, and also assisted us in getting around. Next time I visit LA I wont look elsewhere to stay. This is the place to be!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Rayyan J.
Thank you for your five star review and acknowledging our "great" team. I am so pleased they were helpful with your requests. The staff are the heart of any hotel, and we are so fortunate to have the best. We look forward to your next visit. I personally am looking forward to watching the upcoming Australian Open..One of my favorites. Wishing you and your family a very safe and happy 2014!

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Hollywood
Petit Ermitage
#3 of 19 in West Hollywood
Andaz West Hollywood
#4 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to Chamberlain West Hollywood? Share your experiences!