“It was okay”

Chamberlain West Hollywood
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My experience here wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. Wasn't a fan of the way the room was set up, the bathroom was spacious. Definitely not a hotel where you could laugh and have a good time, we were asked to keep it down due to noise level but we were never really that loud. Unless you're here alone or don't speak much to whoever you're with then this place is probably not for you.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Jacque TS2.
Thank you for your feedback. I am not really sure what the noise issue was. Our goal is for all of our guests to enjoy the Chamberlain. So glad you enjoyed our bathroom layout. We do appreciate your feedback and your business. Thank you.

There are newer reviews for Chamberlain West Hollywood

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Chamberlain. The hotel is a converted apartment building so the rooms are larger than a standard hotel room. The setting was quiet, off of the beaten path and the reception warm. No complaints whatsoever.

Room Tip: The rooms with 2 queen beds have no view.
1  Thank lukshen

Dear lukshen nj.
I am so pleased you had a great stay with us and we are delighted to be your "home away from home"Thank you for pointing out our quiet location and warm staff. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Requested Birthday bottle before check-in that never came. Requested extra blanket and had to ask multiple times. Ordered sliders to the room that tasted like they had been cooked with fish or just after fish had been made on the same grill. Usually have a very nice stay. Not sure what happened

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Robbrey 22.
I am glad we were able to discuss your stay. I do apologize we dropped the ball with your last visit. We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for your feedback and business.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I stayed 3 days for work over the past weekend and the hotel was ok but not great. I am a small lady and no body helped me with my bags so i had to take all 3 to my room on my own. One was pretty large.

The food in the hotel was expensive for what it was. I am lactose intolerant and asked for no cheese on my salad and it came out with cheese on it. I had to send it back and i could still find bits in my salad, they then over compensated with too much dressing...

There is no bath tub which is a bit annoying and the rooms are very dark. I had to turn all the lights on to get it semi decent.

Also, there is no info in the room so when i needed to check out i had to google to find out what time.

And i left some rubbish one night in the room, a few bits of food waste, cutlery etc (there was no bin in the main room just one in the bathroom) the room was cleaned and they left it so my room smelt like left overs all day.

It feels like a cheap option to the London West Hollywood.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear SorayaS325.
I do apologize, if someone did not offer to help with your luggage. That is not or normal service and thank you for bringing it to my attention. We only have a few rooms which offer tubs however had we known we could have tried to find if one was available to move you to. We try to be environmentally friendly so we do not have a lot of printed materials in our rooms however however our Guest Services Desk could have answered any questions for you. The staff is trained not to throw any items away unless the guest requests it. I can tell you more often than not when that is done it is items the guest did not want thrown away. A note or call to the Front Desk and we would have been happy to dispose of any item for you. We do appreciate your business and feedback. Thank you.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

An exceptional hotel.
I spent 5 days here with my 3 young adult children. My husband had to return home early and I was a bit anxious about staying on in LA without him. The Chamberlain was absolutely perfect. Small enough to make us feel like we were part of something. Big enough to provide comfortable spacious facilities. Stylish without pretentiousness. The staff, from front desk, bar, housekeeping to valet were warm friendly and proffessional. And the location...
A two minute walk to Trader Joes supermarket and a 5 minute walk to the Sunset strip, yet nestled into the tranquility of residencia.We constantly felt safely cocooned on the edge of the action.
In fact, it could have been almost too tempting not to move at all! Our children invited a friend over and spent Australia day (night) ,eating in on the fantastic rooftop pool area.
The food was as good as any resturant. The barman made the best Margarita and the ambiance was amazing.

To top it off, I have returned home and discovered we have left something behind... I emailed the manager who has promptly replied and organized to have it posted back.
I can't speak highly enough of the Chamberlain!

• Stayed: January 2014
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Dear Yalstewart.
Thank you for the wonderful review. I am so glad you and the family made The Chamberlain part of your trip. I really appreciate you acknowledging our staff. They are the heart and soul of the hotel, we are fortunate to have such a dedicated team. I absolutely love the comment " safely cocooned ". Sounds like the kids had a great Australia (night) on the rooftop). We so much appreciate your feedback and your business.

John Douponce

Reviewed 31 January 2014

By far one of my top top places to stay in LA...so much space!!! Will definitely be back again and again...that and if you are traveling in a group they are amazing at sorting you out. Had to book 9 rooms and it couldn't have gone smoother.

Dear Ernesto Qualizza.
WOW, we love being your new "FAVE.."Thank you for booking your group with us, we are so pleased you had a great stay at The Chamberlain, and we look forward to having you with us again soon. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I was only in town for one night. The rate was fair for the size of the room. I enjoyed room service, which was delicious. The staff was courteous and professional. It is a unique hotel nestled in a residential area. If you're looking for large, well decorated rooms, easy parking ($38 per night) and a little bit of quiet (compared to larger hotels) this place is the place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Juan J.
I hope your next visit will be more than one night. I am so pleased you enjoyed our large rooms and room service. I am fortunate to have such a dedicated staff and thank you for acknowledging them. We very much value your feedback and your business. Hope we will see you again soon.

John Douponce

#4 of 19 in West Hollywood
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel
#12 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to Chamberlain West Hollywood? Share your experiences!