“Walking Distance !! Modern Decor, Clean, Quiet, Very L.A.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chamberlain West Hollywood

Chamberlain West Hollywood
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in West Hollywood
San Clemente, California
“Walking Distance !! Modern Decor, Clean, Quiet, Very L.A.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Walking distance to West Hollywood Restaurants, shopping, and bars, if your Gay it's in a wonderful neighborhood, close to everything, very friendly and feels safe. The rooms are modern, large (stayed in and executive King Suite), comfortable and clean. The decor is fun and hip and at night feels romantic. My partner and I walked to the nightlife and had a great time. Also there is a Gym that is great !! The Hotel Restaurant is average, and the pool bar was closed during the weekday, so we ate there only once then decided to move on. I would recommend this hotel as the price is reasonable and the location is perfect. The staff was friendly and helpful, valet and the shuttle driver were very attentive. One Note ** Check the details of the package you book as some of the special offers have fine print and are restrictive only to find out during check in !! We booked a memorial day Package that was suppose to include continental breakfast, 50% off parking, suite upgrade, and 20% off food and beverage; however the 20% off was only for the pool food/bar which was closed during our stay, and the continental breakfast was non-existant; We did get an upgrade to the king suite, and 50% off the parking though.

Room Tip: The exterior facing rooms are more private (Better), and the interior rooms face a small closed in c...
1 Thank Josh A
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Josh A.
I am so thrilled you and your partner enjoyed your stay at The Chamberlain. I do apologize if there was a mix up with your package however I am pleased everything worked out. Please feel free to reach out to me personally for any future reservations and I will make sure everything is correct. I agree we do have a friendly and helpful staff. So many guests love our location for the very reason you pointed out, you can walk to so many fun places. We hope to see you again soon. many thanks for your business.

John Douponce

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Korean first
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stylish, trendy and perfect location in WEHO, amazingly quiet tucked a block and half off the strip of main strip of WEHO, the rooms was nice, only complaint i had is the a/c is in the front of the room so it tends to get warm but other than that the place is rock star, along with the staff and mgmt i highly recommend the location, if your a local to LA area its a perfect place for a getaway and steps from all the bars and fun of WEHO

1 Thank mike r
Dear Mike_OC2014.

Many thanks for the great review. I am so pleased you found the hotel to be stylish and quiet, and I will take Rock Star anytime! I also appreciate the high recommendation and acknowledgement of our staff. They are the best. We thank you for your business and hope to see you again soon.

Regards,
london
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Very stylish Art Deco hotel located in pretty part of W Hollywood, location is great, one of the few places you can walk to local coffee shops and restaurants. The rooms are spacious with a sitting area but be warned the bathrooms are tiny. Really tiny, it's difficult even to shower comfortably with no room to dry off. Small but modern and well equipped gym.

The hotel, bistro, rooms, pool and gym are all very stylish and make for a very pleasant stay. However the service is lacking, slow and lets the hotel down greatly. There is a complimentary shuttle car service which isn't advertised, sounds great but isn't on demand and I had to book 2 hours in advance. Bit odd for any short, within 3 mile radius trips! You have to wait a very long time for food/drinks by the pool, ie 45 mins to an hour. I waited the same for lunch in the bistro when there was only one other table.

The plumbing is temperamental - I had a blocked loo several times. The shower temp is erratic and can change to scalding hot very quickly. I heard other guests complain about this so is clearly a wider, known issue. I had lots of admin/payment issues with the front desk,despite explaining several times to several members of staff, the payments were continually messed up. They take ad hoc amounts over several days without warning and despite being asked repeatedly not to. I have no idea why you can't just pay the bill when you checkout as with all other hotels!

The front desk offers no value to guests and there wasn't a concierge service.

All in, it's a very nice hotel to look at and as long as you're expectations are low re service then it's a great place to stay in W Hollywood. Considering the price point and despite the negatives, I still feel it's fairly good value for money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank luckychick
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear Luckychick.
Thank you for your feedback from you recent stay. I do apologize if you encountered some food service issues, quite honestly we were short staffed and unprepared. That is not the norm. Not really sure about the billing. We do not charge any credit cards until check out, the system only authorizes the appropriate amount which is released when the bill is settled at check out. I am glad you were able to utilize our house car service and feel The Chamberlain is a good value. We do appreciate your feedback as it helps us do our jobs better. I thank you for your business and do hope we will see you again soon.

Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

We visit L.A. pretty regularly (3 to 4 times per year) and have stayed at a variety of hotels in different neighborhoods. This is the first time we stayed in the heart of West Hollywood and really enjoyed the neighborhood and location of the hotel - your on Santa Monica Blvd with a bunch of eateries and coffee shops in about 3 minutes walking. There is also a nice run route that takes you through Beverly Hills so that's really neat. As for the hotel itself, I believe the building used to be a condo or apt. before being converted into a hotel. We thought that the conversion was nicely done with some cool touches such as the rooftop pool - its small but hip. The bar and restaurant on the ground floor is nice with outdoor (courtyard) seating option. Decor is what I would consider to be modern vintage (a.k.a hipster) so some people might not love it - we thought it was cool. The room itself was nice size with cool but functional furniture - the only furniture that didn't work too well is the TV stand/dresser - idea is cool but the doors are very hard to open.

Parking is valet only and cost $38 per night which is a bit on the high-end but on the positive the valet is super fast to retrieve your car. WiFi is FOC - at least it was for us.

Overall, we liked this property and would def. consider staying here on a future visit to L.A.

Room Tip: Suites are large and are furnished nicely. If you're an Expedia Elite Plus member then the perks...
1 Thank JP_SEA
Dear JP_SEA.
Many thanks for your great comments and thorough review of The Chamberlain, our location, and
design. You are right we were converted from an Apartment Building into a hotel. Many of our guests love this because we are able to provide large rooms without the feel of being in a hotel, yet are able to offer all the hotel services available. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and business. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed here for the last 2 days of my California holiday. I was blown away by the room! We paid a bit extra for the Executive Suite King and it was worth every penny. Very well finished, very big and the most comfortable bed. The hotel is located in a quiet residential street, so no noise to disturb you.

3 Thank AirlineBuffLondon
Dear AirlineBuffLondon.
Thank you for the five star review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and were blown away by our rooms. We receive many compliments on our beds. We do appreciate your business and hope you will visit again soon..

Warrington, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed at the Chamberlain for 3 nights as part of our honeymoon road trip in April. After reading all the great reviews and experiencing high standards of customer service across the US generally we had high hopes! Whilst it is an attractive hotel with a lovely roof top pool area unfortunately we didn't find it all that it was cracked up to be. it may be that we had just taken for granted the customer service we had received at other hotels on our trip but our poor experience started at check in. We were given our room key with no information about how to get to our room, the fact you had to use your key to operate the lift ( May seem obvious I know but after little sleep it took a while to register) and no help with our bags. I also had to ask for a map and information, it wasn't offered which I found strange seeing as it was obviously available. We also found from chatting to other guests that there was a car service available that would drop you off within a certain radius of the hotel, we were never informed of this and had walked miles!The rooms are spacious if a little dark but the bathroom was tiny. Unfortunately the air conditioning in our room (205) was the noisiest I have ever heard in a hotel which resulted in a sleepless first night.We weren't sure if there was a fault or if this was simply how it was so after our first night we politely reported it. The lady at reception was very non- committal when I tried to ascertain if this was a commonly reported issue. We were told someone would look at it and upon returning to our room after a day out we found a note saying that the problem had been resolved. We checked it out only to find it was exactly the same! We reported it again and the maintenance man informed us that's just how it was due to the type of unit/building it was, the note saying it had been resolved however had implied that there had been something fixed which I found a little misleading. He advised that he would get the manager to contact us, we did receive a phone call but not from the manager, from whoever was on reception, they said there was nothing they could do but may be able to move us to a different room the following night. This was not followed up by the hotel the next day and we didn't bother to chase it as it was our final night and we were leaving in the early hours to catch our flight.Given the fact that the hotel was aware that it was our honeymoon and such a special trip we were disappointed that the hotel didn't do more to make our stay more enjoyable, from reading the other reviews I can't help think they must pick and choose which guests receive this amazing customer service as we certainly didn't experience this. The other hotels on our trip honestly put this to shame not only in the general customer service but the extra personal touches they did as they knew it was our honeymoon, sorry Chamberlain we didn't think you were all that.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Steph M
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Steph M.

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. Please be assured had we known you were on your Honeymoon we most certainly would have done something special for you. I reviewed your booking and record, and the reservation when transferred to us was never noted as a (Honeymoon). I sincerely apologize that we missed that opportunity to help you celebrate your special occasion. I do think you provided some excellent feed back on our check in process. Thank you. We need to ensure our staff is providing information about the hotel and available services. We will take your feedback and share it with our team and work to improve check in experience. Please be assured we do take your feedback seriously. I want to thank you for your business and wish you all the best.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed at the Chamberlain for four days and three nights. I highly recommend the Chamberlain in West Hollywood and given the opportunity I would stay there again. I loved the location; it was so close to everything. The check in process was quick and easy. Even though I arrived early they still assigned a room and provided me with access to all the amenities. When I showed my military ID at the front desk the receptionist was quick to set me up with everything she could including a complimentary drink at the bar. This was a great way to start my visit after the long flight from Chicago. I like to run in the morning and when I asked about good/safe running routes they gave me a handy little map with a 2.2 mile route and a 5 mile route. Perfect for a quick morning jog. The Bistro was nice and the staff was friendly. Every morning they had fresh coffee in the lobby and the staff was friendly even at 6am. The valets were great. They quickly remembered my name and were always so friendly.

Room Tip: I was offered an inside room that faced a closed off atrium, not much light coming in the room and n...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Samantha L
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Samantha L.
Thank you for the wonderful review and your high recommendation. It means a lot to us. I am so pleased our team was able to honor your early arrival, and recognized your valuable service to our country. I also very much appreciate your acknowledging our friendly staff. We have wonderful people that work at The Chamberlain and I feel very fortunate to have them. Our jogging route is quite popular. Sounds like it worked out well for you. We appreciate your business very much and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Regards