“Great hotel, amazing customer service”

Chamberlain West Hollywood
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Seattle, WA
“Great hotel, amazing customer service”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We were in West Hollywood to celebrate a friend's birthday and had the unfortunate experience of our originally booked hotel canceling our room on us the day before we arrived due to maintenance issues. We were not able to resolve the issue once we arrived and had to try and book a new room at another nearby hotel last minute.

We came across the Chamberlain and explained our situation. Since we had not had a chance to research the hotel, the person on the front desk offered to take us on a full tour of the hotel. This was unexpected and was definitely appreciated. After the tour, we decided that the hotel and location would fit our needs. We had found cheaper prices online and the person at the front desk offered to match the price we found online with very little hassle. All of this was a nice change after the experience we had with our original hotel.

The rooms were very spacious, clean, and comfortable. We had a bedroom area and a separate elevated living room area. Housekeeping was very good about keeping the room clean when we were gone and were always quick to respond when we had requests (extra towels, soap, etc).

The pool isn't very big but it wasn't very crowded the times we were there. They had the normal pool side lounge chairs as well as cabanas. It was all first come without any fees or reservations which was nice.

Overall, a nice hotel in a good location with great customer service.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear nSx4.

We are pleased you decided to check out The Chamberlain. As you mentioned, our staff prides themselves on providing exceptional customer service in a friendly, sincere way. I can tell you we were delighted to be part of your Birthday celebration. I also was happy to see the shout out to the Housekeeping Team. They are so often overlooked and work so hard to insure our guests have a comfortable stay. Many thanks for your very thoughtful review and your business.

John Douponce

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We had just been for a weekend in Vegas (on holiday from Sydney, Australia - June 2014), and this hotel was bliss in terms of a lovely hotel and a great spot to explore West Hoolywood and Beverly Hills from. It is in a nice quiet street, yet a 2 min walk to Santa Monica Bvld, 6 mins to Melrose Ave, and 8 mins up to Sunset Strip. And it took us about 10 mins to walk to the start of Beverly Hills.
The hotel has a nice bar to have a drink in and has a great roof top pool to have a swim and a relax at.
The room was tidy and nice, well decorated (as is the hotel) room was a good size, as it had a lounge area, then down a few steps to your bed.
Overall, a very good hotel and I would highly recommend to anyone thinking of staying in West Hollywood/LA.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Scott M
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Scott M.

Many thanks for your wonderful review. I hope you did not leave too much money in Vegas. ( I know what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.) Our team is very pleased you enjoyed your stay at The Chamberlain, and it sounds as if you had the opportunity to do some walking and exploring. We are so appreciative of your very high recommendation of our hotel and it's location. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the LA area.

Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

People often say that the staff make a hotel, and in the case of the Chamberlain Hotel in West Hollywood, they definitely do!

When we arrived for check-in, the member of staff in the lobby had already upgraded our suite to the executive suite to give us more room to stretch as we were there for a longer period of time than usual.

I’m going to spread the rest of the review up into sections regarding the hotel and also things I recommend doing while staying at the hotel. I also have a few tips!

Room
Now I can’t remember how large the room was (the staff in the lobby did tell me, but I forgot) but I just know that it was HUGE! The room was extremely well decorated and equipped. It contained a beautifully decorated living area with a large TV, comfy sofa, comfy chairs, a desk, fridge and all the other goodies that you usually get. The sleeping area had an extremely comfortable bed, yet another large TV and the bathroom was also very well decorated and contained a shower and two sinks, which was very handy when getting ready in the morning for my girlfriend and I.

The food that is available throughout the day in the hotel restaurant is of a very high quality and is very reasonably priced. I particularly recommend the American Breakfast with Bacon! The waiters and waitresses are very friendly and really couldn’t do enough for you – very good people!

Rooftop Pool/Bar area
The rooftop pool and bar area offers fantastic views and very comfortable loungers and large bed-style places to lie down (not sure what you would call them!). Music is always playing up there during the day and you are able to order food and drinks from the delicious restaurant at the hotel.

Valet Parking
The valet parking is $38 per night, but I know you can get package deals where it is included with your stay, but we opted for a package where we paid a long time up front for the full amount for a discount on the room price. The valet parking guys were all very friendly and always got our car as soon as we went down. You are also able to ring down to them to get them get it ready for you before you go down.

The hotel also has a fully kitted out gym and business suite that can be used by guests and is open 24 hours a day. I didn’t use any of this though, as I was on holiday!

Things to do:

If you would like to hire a car (I would recommend that you do), I would head down to Black & White Rentals in Beverley Hills. I got an awesome deal there and was able to have all the paperwork done and be out driving within 10 minutes. Great service!

Universal Studios – I would recommend Universal Studios especially for the tour of the film sets. You can get a member of staff at the lobby of the hotel to book you on this as there is a deal where you can be picked up and dropped off at your hotel. This comes in a package along with entrance to the park and also the studio tour.

Venice Boardwalk/Beach – This is an interesting one. The beach itself is pretty nice, but where it really shines is the boardwalk next to the beach. It’s full of interesting characters, and although it is quite tacky, it is definitely fun. I wouldn’t really recommend it for people with children, as there are quite a lot of strange homeless people that I can imagine would frighten young children with their behaviour and shouting!

Visit Malibu Beach – This is probably the nicest beach we visited during our stay. It’s quiet, clean and is great to chill out on and watch surfers. I wouldn’t pay for the parking next to the pier, as there is free parking available at the Legacy Park just down the road. There is also a great place to get food by the Pier called Café Habana which offer great food at a great price.

Santa Monica – Santa Monica is well worth a trip out to. The area has a great beach, shopping and a really vibrant town overall. I could definitely imagine living here more than any other place I visited. There are plenty of multi-storey parking lots that allow you 2 free hours of parking and then $1 per hour after that.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Craig_Griffo.

WOW! I am not sure what to say. How wonderful! Thank you for the great and thorough review. We always like to hear when guests are happy with their stays. I’m ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed the location of The Chamberlain, the "huge rooms", our Bistro Restaurant, and everyone's favorite our Rooftop Pool area". We are in such a great spot hidden in a residential neighborhood yet super close to everything LA has to offer.. Thank you again for being our guest and we can’t wait to have you back.

Sincerely
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My daughter had stayed here while visiting her daughter in West Hollywood and said Mom you need to stay there while visiting your granddaughter. I could not have been happier...the cozy boutique hotel was busy and well appointed. i had a large end room which had plenty of closet space and a bathtub..The beds and layout of the rooms were very comfortable. I was close to Trader Joes of which I found delightful . I was skeptical because I usually stay in chain hotels and not boutiques but this will be my go to home when returning to West Hollywood . I was close to Beverly Hills and the area had adorable boutiques and restaurants . I dined twice for breakfast in the restaurant and the pool was lovely on the roof top. Thanks for the wonderful hospitality....

Room Tip: end of the hall rooms have bath tubs, lots of closets and kitchens and are very large....the small...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Ilene c.

We are so pleased you decided to try The Chamberlain rather than a chain hotel, and are thrilled we will now be your "go to hotel in West Hollywood. As you mentioned we offer a delightful location, large rooms, a lovely restaurant, pool deck, and wonderful hospitality. We thank you for staying with us and hope we will see you again soon.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed at the Chamberlain for business for just one night but went up to the pool, hit their happy hour and enjoyed dinner at a restaurant in a sister hotel, The Grafton (Prime). Rooms are awesome with a separate living room area with fire place and amenities are very nice. The bed was super comfy too. It is located in a neighborhood area so nice and quiet. They think of everything offering wine (with opener), beer, alcohol, soda and waters as well as candy and other snacks (for a price).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Shannan S
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Shannan S.
I am pleased you had such a great experience both at The Chamberlain and Oliver's Prime at our sister hotel on Sunset. Their new Steak House has opened to rave reviews. We try to think of everything, so glad you liked our Rooms, Pool and our Happy Hour which is very popular, particularly now with the great pool weather. We hope we will see you again soon. Thanks for staying with us.

Sewell, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed for three nights and enjoyed the hotel and service. Our room was double queen which was spacious along with a separate sitting area. The location is excellent where things to do are within shirt distances. We ate at the bistro and the food was excellent. The hotel Is located on a quiet residential street, so it was nice to be away from the hustle and bustle. If you like boutique hotels, you,'ll live this one.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Frank L.

I am so pleased The Chamberlain allowed you to the freedom to be away from the hustle and bustle. It was nice to hear our large Double Queen accommodations offered you the space you needed, and that you also enjoyed our location and The Bistro. Thank you so much for the high recommendation and for your business. It means a lot coming from such a seasoned traveler. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I loved this place which I had found on Tripadvisor and stayed a total of 5 nights on stopovers going and returning from Seattle. It is set on a quiet residential street off busy Santa Monica Blvd so although it is a stone's throw from the thriving gay establishments between La Cienega Blvd and Robertson Blvd you still had the benefit of being in smart and landscaped residential area. It is perfectly located for anyone wishing to be near the "action" spots of WeHo and the delights of Hollywood, Sunset Blvd and Melrose Avenue - all literally just a few blocks away. It has a decent restaurant and bar downstairs and the rooms are large and spacious, albeit slightly old. There is an adequate gym on the ground level but the best part of the hotel is the rooftop with a pool and vistas all around this trendy neighbourhood.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of hallways on higher floors are best
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Legal_itinerant.

We can’t thank you enough for your kind words about The Chamberlain particularly your comment about our friendly staff. It’s always humbling to receive such high praise from someone who travels so extensively. It also sounds as if you had some time to enjoy our great amenities, and our terrific location. Please know we so much appreciate your thorough review and your business. Safe travels, we hope you will visit again soon.