“Nice enough hotel with few issues.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chamberlain West Hollywood

Chamberlain West Hollywood
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in West Hollywood
El Paso, Texas
“Nice enough hotel with few issues.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights with the family.
Was a little disappointed in the cost for valet parking, as it was not clear prior to arrival that there were few, if any other real options.
The room was older with an add on ac unit(a bit noisy), but well furnished otherwise with a fold out couch. Interestingly the room only had linen and towels for 2, and the foldout was not made up. The shower was nice, and the provided toiletries were excellent, but oddly enough come in a larger bottle and a little sign saying that you will be charged $20 if you make off with them.
The rooftop pool was small but nice, our kids enjoyed it but it could certainly fill up quick with sunbathers on a warm day.
We dis not frequent the restaurant, but ordered room service one night, and would recommend the cob salad and club sandwich, although a bit pricy.
Overall was a nice stay, but probably a better choice for those without younger children.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Tripsf0rfun.

Thank you for your feedback. I do apologize, your room should have been flagged for sofa bed and extra towels at check in. I am not really sure why that happened. So pleased your kids enjoyed the pool, it does fill up fast on hot days. We very much appreciate your business and hope we will see you again soon.

John Douponce

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

The decor in the room and lobby was charming. The hotel was walking distance to great restaurants and shops. The distance by car to The Grove, The Dolby theatre and Universal studio was short.

The suite had a sofa that pulled out to a queen size bed; however, the mattress was so thin that it made for a sleepless night. The reservation was for four - they knew the sofa bed would be used but the towels and blankets given were enough for two. The suite had two televisions but only one remote. The door to the bathroom seemed to get stuck each and every time. There was a fireplace with a switch for fireplace control but nothing to actually turn the fireplace on. Though the deepest part of their small pool was 4 ft the sitting area around the roof pool was spectacular.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear CaitlynsMom.

Thank you for staying with us. I am so pleased you enjoyed our decor and location. As you mentioned we are central to so many fun things in the LA area. I am not sure how we dropped the ball on the towels and blankets. I will share this feedback with our housekeeping staff to ensure we correct our inventories in the rooms. You are correct on the remotes, we are short and are awaiting a new shipment from the company which provides our programming. We must use a remote that works with our on demand system. I just called them based on your comments to check on our order, and they assure me the shipment is on the way. I hope it is not the (checks in the mail story). The fireplaces are actually turned off for the summer and will go back on in late September. We very much appreciate your feedback and your business.

Regards,
phx,az
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I am on my way back from a 4 night stay at The Chamberlain and was unsure to book this smaller boutique hotel or to go with a larger hotel on the main drag of Sunset. I am so glad I chose The Chamberlain. The location made an excellent base to explore all the area for dining, shopping, site seeing, and sneaking in a few work outs at some of the famous local gyms which are in the area.
The room was very spacious with two queen beds, a sitting area and a large desk area. It was really comfortable with soft nice sheets, and everything you would need in a hotel room.
There is a really cute pool on the roof that I did not have time to use, but looked great. The hotel offered a complimentary car service to local places which was a really nice touch and the staff in general was friendly from the housekeepers to the front desk staff to the manager and assisted us in getting reservations as the local hotspots. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking to be in the heart of it all yet set back just a bit. Great value, style and comfort.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear missyglee.

We too are glad you choose The Chamberlain, and that you found our " location, service and style" met your expectations. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and that our team was able to secure reservations for you at the hot spots. Our House car is a terrific amenity which many of our guests love. A big thank you for your great review and for your business. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The Chamberlain is such a cute boutique hotel. The rooms are nice and roomy and I love the seating area. The bathroom is definitely on the smaller side and there isn't much counter space (hard for us girls get to lay out our make-up when getting ready).

The pool areas with the beds were so cute and the views of the city from the rooftop are spectacular.

The only con is the cost to park there.

Overall- I would recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank monkey24
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear monkey24.

Glad to hear you enjoyed our large rooms and pool area. The cabana Beds are very popular. We offer many different bathroom layouts throughout the hotel. I hope you will reach out to me for any future reservation and I will ensure we find you a room with a larger bathroom so you can have that make up space:).Thank you for the high recommendation and for choosing The Chamberlain.

Glasgow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Overall our experience in the Chamberlain was very good. Room was lovely and the pool area was excellent. It was small but that meant it was never too busy. I did think parking was expensive. There was no tea/coffee making facilities. Would have been nice to get water daily.

1 Thank Davejleo
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Davejleo.

Nice to hear you felt The Chamberlain was very good. We thank you very much for your kind words and for staying with us. We do hope to see you on your next visit to LA.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

My husband & I stayed for 5 nights in May between San Fran & Vegas. We booked it because it looked lovely and the location was ideal. Paid a bit extra than we intended for a hotel that met both of those requirements! I've never written a review on here but there was a couple of things I wanted to whinge about.
While the rooms were very pretty, the bathroom was so tiny. Our room overlooked the courtyard where people - and even music on one night (though I don't know if this was down to a guest or the hotel) could be heard until the early hours. The airconditioner wasn't fitted into the wall properly and was so loud, we couldn't use it. We could also constantly hear the air conditioner in the room next door and we had to keep the bathroom door closed because we could hear the extractor fan from the room above (and one point, in the early hours when I got up, I could even hear upstairs using the toilet!) So suffice to say, very thin walls.
Another reason I booked this hotel is because of a guest review I read on this website which said there was free parking on the street around the hotel. Anyone who has been to LA knows that valet parking costs a fortune and though there were a couple that offered it free, we liked the look of this hotel so we were happy with street parking, even if it meant a little walk. Anyway, when I got to the hotel and wasn't sure where to park, I asked the valet for guidance and he told me there was nowhere nearby without a permit. I went in to mention this to Reception and was told the only option was valet parking at $38 per night. I had no choice but to agree, but I did point out to him that I had read a review on here that said parking was free & easy on the streets nearby, and that was our main reason for booking. He said there was nothing on here that said that and (rather rudely actually) suggested we read through the website to prove it. Now I had booked the hotel about 6-8 weeks in advance so I wasn't going to sit there scrolling through the reviews history to find it (when I had been travelling all day!), but I know I wasn't lying and I didn't appreciate the insinuation! So we ended up using our spending money on valet parking, seeing no other choice. I think my frustration upset the receptionist and he didn't even point us to where the bar/restaurant etc was, before sending us to our room (with no offer of a bellboy). It wasn't until the last day when we checked out that we even realised there was free coffee available in Reception because he hadn't pointed it out to us and because of the rudeness on arrival, I chose to avoid reception after that.
So I really felt let down. It wasn't my fault that someone had misled me on here - and given that the hotel seems to respond to a lot of these reviews, I was surprised he wouldn't correct someone who was giving out information incorrectly. Then I came home to find that the Chamberlain had deducted £3.26 from my credit card for absolutely no reason (we didn't use any in-room food/drink) - how peculiar?

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lydia J
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Lydia J.

Thank you for your comments. Our hotel is located in the core of an expensive city and thus you will find parking expensive, but the cost is for a secure, underground lot with great valets who will bring your car up and down as many times as you would like. Our pricing is consistent with all hotels in our area. I can't speak for those who choose to park on the street, they do so at their own risk. We do train our team to inform our guests NOT to risk street parking. If a vehicle is impounded the cost is around $250.00 plus several hours of your time to retrieve it. I would hope our Associate was trying to communicate that to you and not question what you may have read in a previous review.

You are correct we should have informed you that we offer Complimentary Coffee every morning, and that we have a Restaurant and Lounge off the Lobby. I appreciate you bringing that to my attention. Your feedback is very much appreciated since it helps us to our job better.

If there is a charge on your bill that is not yours please let me know and I will be more than happy to research what it is and make any necessary correction. Thank you so much for your business.

Sincerely
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

The Chamberlain was a comfortable end to our wonderful honeymoon.

The staff were friendly and helpful (except there is no bellboy to help with bags on arrival) and our room was comfortable, well decorated and spacious. The bed was comfortable and room clean.

The location of the hotel was outstanding - in a quiet street but close to everything including Santa Monica and sunset Boulevard and a 15 min walk to Beverly Hills shopping centre.

The bistro on site was also nice and staff friendly and helpful!

The only disappointing thing was no honeymoon upgrades - whereas everywhere else we stayed offered us something and it would have been beneficial to have a hotel transfer service (even at a price) to the airport as the shuttle services are hopeless.

All in all - a lovely hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Larns 11.

We are delighted you enjoyed The Chamberlain for the last stop of your Honeymoon. We do offer a outstanding location and friendly staff. I do apologize if we did not acknowledge your Honeymoon. We do check reservations for any special requests, occasions or notes prior to arrival. I hope we have the opportunity to make up for that oversight and on behalf of our team wish you Congratulations! Thank you for your feedback and kind review. Hope we will see you again soon.

Sincerely