“our home away from home”

Chamberlain West Hollywood
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed 28 August 2014

The Chamberlain has become our home away from home. We live in New York and our son, wife and new grandson live in LA.
When we check in and open the door to our room, it feels like home- comfortable, clean, friendly staff and a great roof top pool!
We look forward to returning to The Chamberlain time after time, knowing that all our personal requests will be honored in a timely manner.
Very spacious rooms, large bathroom and perfect West Hollywood location-quiet neighborhood steps away from everything you want and need to make your stay wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear LSH308.

Delighted to be your home away from home. It was so wonderful to see you and meet your new pride and joy...Travelling coast to coast so often can be stressful. I am so pleased you enjoy the spacious rooms and location for your visits. Handling your requests is our pleasure. Thank you for being such a loyal customer. See you again soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Coming from NYC, with an appreciation for fine hotels, I had no idea what to expect. That said, I believe this is LA's best kept secret. The rooms were beautiful and big, and the service was impeccable. The staff is extremely friendly and always willing to help. I suggest spending a day on the rooftop at the pool, the views of the hills are breath taking. This was my first time staying here and I will definitely be back for another visit soon!

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Abaruch87.

WOW!!!! Thank you for your wonderful review. I am just thrilled we met your expectations. I also appreciate you for acknowledging our terrific staff and their impeccable service. I think they are extremely friendly also. I am so lucky to work with such a great team. We definitely look forward to having you visit again soon.

Regards

Reviewed 28 August 2014

This was my first trip to LA and I found this hotel by chance. It was in a great location in a quiet neighborhood. The hotel was lovely and the staff very friendly.

Our room was spacious and the balcony had a nice view of the city. The roof top pool is fairly small and it was never crowded or busy when we went up there. I would give particular praise to staff in the bar and restaurant who were all lovely.

Only 1disspointment which will be taken up separately.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Vicky W.

I am glad you found The Chamberlain by chance. Thank you for pointing out our great location, quiet neighborhood, spacious rooms, and friendly staff. I will also share your praise with The Bistro Staff. Not sure what the disappointment was however please feel free to contact me at john@thechamberlain.com. Many thanks for your feedback and for your business.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Recently spent a long weekend at the Chamberlain and wouldn't have changed a thing; this place is one if my favorites.

The staff was attentive and friendly- Eric made a great first impression!

The room was really nice- pretty big and nicely furnished. The rooftop is awesome with a nice pool and great views of the city.

Great location in West Hollywood- right near all the action but on a quiet street.

Overall a really good value for an awesome hotel! Definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2014
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Cerfboard.

Thank you for the five star review and great recommendation, and for acknowledging Eric, one of our star team members. I am thrilled you felt The Chamberlain offered a really good value, big and nicely furnished rooms, a great location, and everyone's favorite our rooftop pool and views. Please visit again soon. Many thanks for your business.

Regards

Reviewed 27 August 2014

From the moment you enter the beautiful lobby with its scented candles and friendly front desk staff the experience begins. The room are appointed with the finest linens and lotions for one to relax in the tub. Room was so spacious and quite with views of the city. Enjoyed dinner in the Bistro restaurant on the patio.....i felt like i was in Paris. The menu offers so many fresh choices from land to the sea. Daytime hours were sent poolside on the roof...talk about service service service....AMAZING from food to drink. Views from the pool run east from downtown Los Angeles all the way west to Santa Monica......the sunsets were incredible. The Chamberlain is by far the finest hotel in West Hollywood for those who want peace and quite.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Timothy A

Dear Timothy A.

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are just so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at The Chamberlain. It is a favorite of mine to also dine on the Bistro Patio. Chef JC will be very happy to hear you liked his new menu selections which were just introduce this past week. I also appreciate you acknowledging our friendly staff, and amazing roof top views. We look forward to seeing you again soon when you crave some peace and quiet. Many thanks for choosing our hotel.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

This hotel, has a nice feel about it, I love the decor its very unique and stylish. The location is perfect in that its in the midst of all the action in west hollywood but still situated down a quiet street so it can feel like a pleasant escape too. Also a nice touch is a helpful complimentary hotel car service that will take you anywhere local that you need to go.

I didn't eat much there, but the breakfast was good and they serve some delicious and strong cocktails in their bar.

The rooms are very nice and a good size, as are the bathrooms and all very nicely decorated so no complaints there.

The only bad thing I would say about this hotel is that the service is really not up to scratch, there is no bell man or door man to help you with your bags when you arrive, the hotel is situated on a hill and we personally experienced and saw many a guest struggling up the steps with their luggage outside and/or chasing it down the hill! Following this, when we walked in no one was even at the front desk to welcome us.

The upstairs pool, while small is nicely done however yet again, no one is around to take a food/drinks order or attend to you if you need anything.

All in all if the price was competitive I would stay here again, but poor service really lets this otherwise very good hotel down.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear SugataB.

I am delighted you enjoyed our unique and stylish hotel, good size rooms, and the location. Great description of our Bistro for Breakfast and Cocktails. I do apologize having two entrances is confusing. The main entrance is actually underground however not very well identified. We are building a unique Porte Cochere for the motor lobby entrance which will provide very visible and distinct signage for arriving guests. In all honesty though we have been short staffed the past couple of weeks. We thank you very much for your feedback and your business.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

We were finishing our West US coast tour in LA, after having been in San Francisco, Wyoming, Bryce, Zion, Lake Powell, GC and Vegas, and LA was supposed to be the place where we will hang out and get some rest. When I booked at the Chamberlain, I have visited the website + tripadvisor and some other websites to make sure it was as cosy and quiet as it shows on their website. The experience has been quite the contrary.....We were 4 people and I have booked a Executive room to fit the 4 of us (average cost of 400$/night). When we arrived they gave us a room at the lower level (between the underground and the street (YES !!), with a sofa bed which was not even of an average quality (bumps and probably very cheap). After I told them I was expecting something else from 400$/n, and at least to see some sky, the lady told me they did not have anything else. After having been very directive, the manager came to me and said that I should already be happy they put us a sofa bed and not charging us more (I did not know hotels could accept 4 people in the same bed....). In the end, they agreed to give me another room (oh ! then there was another room available......So the more you yell, the more you get !). This room was on the 3rd floor, with a view on non painted bricks....And forget about the sky, the window was too close to the next home to see it....In the end, we accepted to take the room as we were really tired about our trip. At 05h30 in the morning, we all woke up with the sound of the TV and the scream of 2 kids, running back and forth in the room (walls are much too thing. I have registered the sound to keep the proof) ! Guess what? I have informed the manager and you know what he told me? 'the family will stay over the WE and there is not much I can do....'. So no: 'sorry for the inconvenience, I am going to tell them and see what I can do.....'. The same day, I left the hotel with my wife and 2 kids. The manager has been unfriendly, unprofessional and I honestly cannot understand how a so called Manager can be so rude to customers. One last thing: the pool is not a pool ! this is a 15 sqm bassin, maybe less. The only good thing I could retain from The Chamberlain: their webmaster is a pro and for sure I will hire him if I need one; the webside has nothing to see with the reality of the hotel

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Sebastien B
John D, General Manager at Chamberlain West Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Sebastien B.

I apologize we did not meet your expectations. You reserved a King Bed room with two adults and two children. The room you booked will not sleep two adults and two teenagers. We tried to find you accommodations in a larger room that would have given you more space and bedding options. We did not mysteriously find a room, we had to inconvenience another guest who was very understanding so we could accommodate your party. The hotel was fully committed due to the EMMY's, and we did everything we could to make you comfortable.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Hollywood
#10 of 19 in West Hollywood
Petit Ermitage
Petit Ermitage
#3 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to Chamberlain West Hollywood? Share your experiences!