The Standard, Hollywood
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sunset Tower Hotel(West Hollywood)
  • Breakfast included
Andaz West Hollywood(West Hollywood)
Chateau Marmont(West Hollywood)
  • Restaurant
Grafton on Sunset(West Hollywood)
  • Restaurant
The Jeremy West Hollywood(West Hollywood)
  • Pool
Palihouse West Hollywood(West Hollywood)
Sunset Marquis(West Hollywood)
Holloway Motel(West Hollywood)
View Hotel
All reviewsstandard westpool areasunset stripcool hotelcool vibevalet guyschateau marmontthird floordinerhollywoodjonpoolsideminibarbalconieswehonightlife
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I've been at the hotel for 8 nights! If you choose this hotel you have to be aware that it is not like a regualr hotel. The athmosphere is great and very young-ish whic includes very relaxed people (at the reception and the valet parking as well, not very much friendly though).
I've gotten a room with pool view, very nice. The rooms are sort of 80's glamour style and I liked them. the coomon area as well, same style.
If you get a pool view room bear in mind that they have music by the pool till midnight, which you can hear clearly in your room.
The pool is great and so are the people enjoying it.

I confirm that there is a bad smell in the corridors and in some rooms.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
StandardManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Standard, Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review The Standard, Hollywood. Our Design Team along with our Culture Team work really hard at creating aesthetic and feel that are true to our culture while respecting the locale of this building. So glad you had a good experience with us. We do hope you’ll join us in the near future!

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Having visited The Standard in New York we felt comfortable booking in LA expecting great quality. DO NOT be fooled! This is a very average hotel. Firstly, it looks like they bought a cheap motel and converted it. Secondly, there appears to be no insulation throughout the building so you can here guests around you constantly. We are a young couple from London out most nights, not an elderly couple so we generally don't get bothered by noise.

There are many other flaws - it is expensive for what you get (big empty room). There is no gym, you have to go up the road and pay. You can't get served breakfast until 9.30am by the pool or anywhere outside. The list goes on.

A tip for the Standard - stop wasting money paying that girl to sit in a glass box trying to look cool and start investing in more important things. This hotel is ruining your brand.

After 2 night we actually moved to The Andaz just across the road. Significantly better in all respects and would highly recommend for the same price. Do yourselves a favour - if you want to stay on Sunset Blvd try The Andaz.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
StandardManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Standard, Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Alistair,
I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and glad to hear that you like our younger sister hotel on NYC. The Standard, High Line is truly an amazing to hotel to stay in New York; a destination by itself. I am sorry you did not enjoy our location as much, but I wanted to share a little bit of the thought behind the concept of this location. The West Hollywood location was the original and seeks to offer a fun and cool environment while keeping our rates affordable to our guests. Therefore some of the amenities offered at our larger and newer locations are not available at this location e.g. on-site gym. However, we have an affiliation with a local gymnasium, at a nominal rate our guests have full access to their facilities and great classes. Our Restaurant and room service is at your service 24/7, but pool side dining starts at little later this is due to flow of business; outdoor demands simply starts later in the morning. Please feel free to reach out if I can help with anything else.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my husband for our 7th year anniversary. This hotel is perfect in the West Hollywood area friendly employees our room was beautiful and clean comfortable bed the restroom was nice love the shower the pool was nice. Delicious food in the restaurant definitely My husband and I we will staying again in this amazing hotel the staff are well trained with customer service skills they made us feel amazing love everything. thanks for the hospitality.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Jose,
Thanks for your reviews. Lovely to learn that you enjoyed your experience with us and we thank you for letting us be a part of your special day. I will be sure to share your compliments with our staff. This is the reason why we do what we do on a daily basis. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

This hotel seems to defy a consensus with ratings split equally between excellent and terrible.
It's basically a motel style property with a little designer frou frou sprinkled on top. Personally, when I'm on business I find the big chains are just fine, I'm not looking for anything boutique or designer so I didn't rate this more than average. However this is pitched at a different demographic and the hip young gunslingers gathered poolside seem to really go for this place.
Getting down to brass tacks: pool facing rooms are preferential to road facing if you are a light sleeper - the hotel seems to acknowledge this by thoughtfully providing ear-plugs. Sound proofing is not good and you will hear every step and creak of the bedsprings from the room above. The rooms are a decent size and were well serviced, decor minimal but pleasant. Front desk were friendly and helpful. Parking is valet only and comes in at $34 per night.
One very minor design touch I did like - the plexiglass shower screen had a small hole allowing the user to engage the flow without being dowsed in cold water.
Usefully for night owls the diner-style cafe operates round the clock.
Overall; not cheap, but this isn't Pig's Knuckle, Arkansas.

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
StandardManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Standard, Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and understand your view. We are housed in a building built in 1960’s which became one of the iconic buildings on The Strip. With that comes challenges such as floor board you mentioned. We are constantly looking into ways to remedy these challenges while retaining as much of the original structure as possible.
I am glad you like our bathroom and the glass shower stall. It is the small, thoughtful touches such as these that make our minimal design aesthetics work. Our Diner serves up good, simple food 24/7, hence the name. The locals just love our diner and its ever evolving menu and cocktail program. Lastly and mostly importantly, I am very happy to hear that you find our staff helpful and friendly. After all, service is our primary product.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This was a really busy time in LA as it was just before Coachella and everything was busy, but that still doesn't excuse the dreadful room we had at The Standard. For about $325 US a night we got the smallest noisiest most average room we've ever had, and a car park. At night we could hear the every move of the people above us, it was crazy. No deck, no view, no breakfast, just a super noisy box. Would never stay here again!

Room Tip: Get a room on the poolside with a deck if possible, we had roadside with no deck and was a shocker
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
StandardManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Standard, Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear job1975,
Thanks so much for taking the time to review us after your stay. Please accept my apologies that the experience you had did not live up to your expectation. Coachella weeks was a very busy time for the entire city, our hotel included. Our room rates during that period were actually in line if not below those of neighboring hotels. Additionally, space is very limited on Sunset Strip therefore; valet parking is the only option in order to ensure we have enough parking spaces for all our guests and visitors. Our parking rate is comparable with other hotels in the areas as well. Lastly, we are very fortunate to be in one the iconic buildings in West Hollywood; this does mean that some of our walls and floorboards present acoustical challenges. We are really sorry that you did not enjoy your room but please feel free to contact me at hollywood@standardhotel.com if there is anything that I can do. We hope to be able to welcome you back in the future.