“I had so much fun!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Standard, Hollywood
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in West Hollywood
“I had so much fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

The place is amazing! I spent most of my time by the pool. The food and drinks were great, healthy and reasonably priced. They accommodated my Chihuahua too! There was a dog park next door where I met some really nice dog owners. The staff was pleasant and I wish I could've stayed longer.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StandardManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Standard, Hollywood, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Hi Tim,
I was happy to read that your had a great stay! We would love to be your go to spot while visiting Los Angeles/West Hollywood area. Please feel free to reach out to me directly as it would be my pleasure to assist with your accommodations. We look forward to your next visit and hope I have an opportunity to meet and say hello! See you next time!

p.s. Ella, one of our concierges loves dogs and she always keeps little bags of treats for her special guests!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Excellent stay here at the standard. Friendly / trendy staff and a great place to party. This is definitely not the kind of hotel where you bring kids! The pool area is great and people are there to show themselves. I only have two down points: no coffee in the rooms or in the lobby (which would be awesome) and a lot of noise is coming from the street at night, especially if your room is on Sunset. on the plus side, great shower and products offered. Nice munch box if you have a craving, a 24-hour restaurant that delivers to your room! (very helpful for those late nights cravings - after a couple of drinks!) The bed was also comfy.

I am recommending this hotel to people that are looking for something different!

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT on sunset.
Dear Philwel,

Thank you for your recent visit to The Standard, Hollywood. We greatly appreciate the time you have spent to share your feedback with us. As a small brand, we are continuing to grow so your comments and experience are extremely crucial for our growth. Your compliment to our staff and our restaurant is very much appreciated and will be shared with everyone. We hope to see you again soon please do let us know prior to your arrival so we can be sure to have a great room for you. Until then, travel stylishly!
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Very funky Hotel and a close walk to night life and restaurants. I would say it is more for Singles or couples, not really a family environment. Quirky interiors and extremely comfortable bed!
Overall it was excellent and we would stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a balcony view and it was the best as you could see all the happenings in the West Hollywood...
Dear Stephtrop,

Thank you for choosing The Standard, Hollywood. I am delighted you touched upon some of the things t our guests love, particularly our design, location and our bed. Many thanks for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Los Angeles. Please feel free to reach out to us so we can ensure you have a fantastic stay! Until next time, we will keep it Funky & Quirky.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Arrived at the The Standard in May for 5 nights from Australia. Despite arriving at 11am on a Monday straight from a long haul flight The Standard were happy to accommodate us for check in straight away. Showed us to a lovely pool view room on the 3rd floor (302). Had great days out and about, there is a bit of noise at night by the pool but we slept through easily enough, didn't need the ear plugs they provided. The hotel was Trendy, clean and friendly. Staff were cheery and helpful. The restaurant was AMAZING. Some of the best food we've eaten our whole trip, the mussels were incredible, one of the best meals I've ever eaten in my whole life. A big shoutout to Brandy and our valet Brad. Left the car for 5 nights drama free. We we're really stoked with the standard meeting our expectations and would recommend to other couples our age (28's). Thanks for a great stay Standard!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
StandardManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Standard, Hollywood, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Ebony C
Thank you for joining us at The Standard, Hollywood and sharing your experience. We are thrilled to hear that you had such an amazing visit and enjoyed the service from our staff, especially from Brandi and Brad. I would be sure to share you kind words with everyone. It's great also to hear how much you enjoyed dining at The Restaurant. We strive to make it a dining destination within the hotel so glad to hear you found this to be the case. We thank you for the opportunity to be your home for the 5 nights and hope we'll have the chance to do it again soon.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I had the absolute pleasure of staying at The Standard - Hollywood 5/8/14-5/10/14. Every staff member I ran into was professional, friendly, and always asked if there was anything I needed--not something I was expecting from people in Hollywood (if you're a seasoned traveler or live in LA, you know what I mean). They made great use of their space, the valet parking was very convienient, amenities in the room were spot-on and housekeeping always had the room clean when I had hoped, without having to ask. If you're looking for location, you can't beat it! Centrally located in the heart of many great restaurants and bars and also a short drive or cab ride to just about anything else.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Nick_JW_Finn
Nick,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Standard, Hollywood. We are really happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Service is our primary product and we are very fortunate to have great people on our team to provide that product to our guests. I will be sure to share your kind words with everyone. We hope to see you again soon! Until then, Dare… to live exceptionally .
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed at The Standard Hollywood at the beginning of May, and I couldn't have had a better experience. I didn't spend much time at the hotel, but my time spent there were some of my favorite parts of the trip.

Each team member I encountered throughout my stay was more than welcoming and accommodating to say the least. In particular, Brad at the valet, was simply awesome. I did not valet a car once while I was there, but nonetheless my car door was opened for me by him every time my ride pulled up, along with a smile, a "how's your day?" or "you guys have a good one!" His genuine kindness made me feel like his home was my home at The Standard, and as my first time traveling cross country alone, it's exactly what I needed.

My favorite part of my whole trip was what I came back to in my room after a long day out. I received flowers when I got off the plane at LAX, and my poor bouquet was dying on the dresser the night before when I checked in. I came back to my room with not only fresh towels and room looking better than brand new, but on my dresser was my bouquet of flowers sitting pretty in a homemade Smart Water bottle vase from water I had the night before, that I could only guess was crafted by the thoughtful housekeeping team. The flowers meant something to me, and the fact that the team took that into consideration only means one thing…The Standard knows good hospitality.

My last morning was occupied by breakfast in bed. Pancakes were killer…and I love pancakes.

As someone who works at a hotel, myself, I was truly impressed with my experience. I'm looking forward to heading back to Hollywood more frequently in 2014, and wouldn't want to stay anywhere else. can't wait to book at The Standard Hollywood for my August Trip!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
StandardManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Standard, Hollywood, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
What a wonderful review I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and could not be happier that we are your new home away from home. I love to hear that Brad (Valet) and Gladys (Room Attendant) left such great impressions on you and your experience with us. It is highly appreciated to hear such praises from someone who is a Hospitality professional. We can’t wait to welcome you back in August!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Great looking hotel, with incredible outdoor space ideal in the cool evenings and bright daytimes. Had a bad experience with receiving my security deposit back, but I put that fault down to my bank. Don't expect much comfort or sleep - but that isn't really the point when staying in Hollywood surely?

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor against the road are quieter / not much natural light though!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Nickno9
Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay. It is great to hear that you enjoy the design and outdoor space of our hotel. Regarding the noise level, we offer several room categories that are located in the back of the hotel facing the park. Those rooms are nice and quiet. Please feel free to reach out on your next visit and we will be sure to find a room that fits your need. We hope to see you again in the near future.