“Fun hipster place, good food”

The Standard, Hollywood
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in West Hollywood
Stockholm, Stockholms Län, Sweden
“Fun hipster place, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

The Standard is funky and cool. Great location. Average service and above average food. Good value for money. Great pool deck that turns into a party in the afternoons. Rooms are nice and well equipped.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I am a very picky person and this hotel is one of the best hotels that I have stayed in. The staff is awesome, and the rooms are nice, comfortable and clean. The staff goes out of their way and goes above and beyond to make your stay the great Los Angeles/Hollywood experience. The prices are reasonable for the area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is visiting the West Hollywood area. Kudos to John and his team!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dee H
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband and I were a little apprehensive about staying at the Standard after some of the reviews we read. I'm sort of past the party all night phase of my life, but I'm also not stuffy. The idea of a really loud hotel isn't usually appealing, but since we were going to LA for a few days without the kids, I figured we'd give it a shot. I honestly expected it to be a 24 hour frat party, like one of the other reviewers said, and it was not like that at all. Yes, there is a party atmosphere, and yes there was a DJ in the lobby on Friday and Saturday night, but it wasn't like Animal House or anything. It was just lots of fun! Word of advice, though. The DJ plays until 2:00, so you'll hear and feel the beat until then.

Everyone who works there was really welcoming from the front desk, to the pool area, to the valet guys.

The room was minimalist, which isn't a problem for me because I wasn't in LA to stay in my room the whole time. The bed was super comfy. I'm picky about mattresses and pillows. I slept better here then I do at home! I also really like the products in the shower. I forgot to ask the front desk people what they were when I checked out. If you feel like paying hotel prices for mini bar items, they have a lot of cool stuff in the mini bar. I do wish they had a Keurig machine though.

All in all, it was a good place to stay, and I would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: If you want to get sleep, ask for a city view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Traveled on business, one week stay. Great hotel located on Sunset. Easily accessible to shopping and restaurants in walking distance. The 24 hour restaurant and room service have limited food options and are a little overpriced. Overall friendly staff and comfortable accommodations. Will be back again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
StandardManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Standard, Hollywood, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Andrea C.

Thank you for your recent visit. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoy you stay and love our staff. Overall room rate on Sunset Strip tends to be a bit higher than normal due to demands. Check out our rates for Spring and Autumn; they are generally more reasonable and the weather is much lovelier…I think. We can’t wait to welcome you back!
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is the kind of hotels for open minded and young mind. There are always music playing in the hall or in the lobby, great atmosphere and a famous swimming pool in town.
I had a very good experience in the hotel and I would definitely come back.
Nice staff, bed is comfortable and the atmosphere is great.
I didn't like the price of valet car - 34 USD per night + the bathroom had excess water due to no protection, so all the time the floor was wet.
It's very well located!

Room Tip: Try to get the rooms in the first floor, where you have a small garden in front of the room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
StandardManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Standard, Hollywood, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Renato,
Thank you for your feedback. We have looked into the drain problem you experienced in your room and this issue has been resolved. We understand your concern with price of our valet service. We can assure you that our price is very competitive among our neighbor hotels; lower than many. Since car park is so limited in the city, valet option allows us to guarantee parking spot for all of our guests. We have also noted your room preference for your future visit. We trust that your journey home was a safe one. We can’t wait to welcome you back soon! Be sure to reach out to us directly at hollywood@standardhotel.com , if you should need anything.
Egersund
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

This a hotel I can return too. Very nice rooms who were kept tidy. Nothing nowhere was of a low quality. The only reason it doesn´t get full score is all the noise from the traffic on Sunset Bwl. Be sure to get a room that does´t have odd number because they give you a room to the street. The whole hotel has very friendly and smily personel.

Room Tip: Get a room with pair number
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Steiwa
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed my stay. Great location in Hollywood. Cool, funky lobby. Walls were a bit thin but rooms are good otherwise. Not really into the food but there are plenty of other options in the area. Will definitely come again.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear fbLosAngles,

Excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our menu is ever evolving but decidedly organic, locally sourced and seasonal. So check it out on your next visit. You may discover something you enjoy. We can always give you recommendations on dining options as well. Our concierge team keeps a list of staff’s local favorite restaurants to share with our guests- because life is endlessly delicious. Can’t wait to see you again in the near future!