All reviewsstandard westpool areasunset striphour restaurantcool placepool partygreat barearly checkthird floorchateau marmontlos angelesdinerjonhollywoodvibepoolsideminibar
Reviewed 6 December 2017

The hotel is conveniently located in West Hollywood. The staff is accommodating although when I first arrived the guy behind the counter didn't even look up to greet me with eye contact. He just said hello and checked me in. I thought that was rude. The pool bar and common areas are cool and hip but it is dark. Not conducive to doing business. Food was yummy. What bothered me the most was there were no outlets or any way for me to charge my phone while sleeping. There were no outlets! And the sink in the bathroom was too small for all my stuff. I liked the shower though. The room was big and the bed was comfortable. I was freezing the first night and the second night, I put on the heat and in the middle of the night, I had to turn it off because it was too hot. I saw that they had Dyson humidifiers which I thought was a really nice touch. They even gave me free toothpaste because I forgot mine which was a lifesaver. I should have asked for the humidifier but I didn't. If there is a next time, I will.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the city, not of Sunset Boulevard.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
StandardManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Standard, Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

kissjill

Thanks for staying with us and letting us know about your experience. We are constantly working on guest interaction and recognition with our staff and yours is a perfect example to show how important a small gesture means, especially on the first impression.
Our front of house management team had been working with our staff to ensure that our guests are recognized in an appropriate time and distance. Again, thank you! We really appreciate your constructive comment. Happy New Year!!

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Just stayed a night in The Standard Hollywood in WeHo in LA. Overall, the stay can be considered to be sub-Standard for both the usual standards of the chain but also for the pricing of this particular property.

Let’s start with the positives: the valet guys are very nice and polite and always bring your car in time - which shouldn’t be a surprise considering a 42 USD price tag per night.

And now the best (worst) of the rest: the property in WeHo is located in a very outdated “old” building with thin walls and almost non-existing windows; therefore, the rooms are very noisy regardless on which floor you are or what direction you are facing. The hotel is aware of that which is why they have a couple of ear plugs next to the bed.

The style of the rooms is rather basic. Certainly doesn’t reflect the price tag of the chain or this particular property. There aren’t even and proper toiletries available. The TV is from the 90ies, the bed has a worn-out mattress and the sheets are very basic/ cheap as well.

The service of the reception staff can be considered unwelcoming, arrogant and not very problem solving orientated. The most important thing they were focusing on es selling an upgrade to the next room category (being advertised as much quieter - which clearly didn’t match what we got for the money!). Very disappointing!

Another major flaw is the WiFi connection: there is a free WiFi available, however, it’s so slow that you are waiting ages to open a regular webpage on your iPhone. Don’t consider downloading a basic app or even stream a video. Impossible! Only comment of the hotel staff: “there is premium service available for 14 USD.” - well, guess what: in a 300+ USD property I’m not willing or ready to pay anything for my internet connection anymore. This is not a matter of money, this is a matter of principle!!!

The diner is kind of nice, but again: very basic! Pool area has no service until 10:30am which is ridiculous. They could easily implement breakfast service in the pool area - they prefer not to! And even then, service excelled with being extremely slow and showed a lack of attentiveness.

Overall, a very disappointing stay which clearly is sub-standard for The Standard chain, but also for the price-tag this property is asking for.

Just moved out and the only thing I can say: I feel cheated!

If you want to stay in hotels in a comparable category go to The Sixty Beverly Hills, Petit Ermitage, Mondrian or similar. Avoid this property!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sebovoh

Thank you for your candid feedback. We truly apologize for the convenience during you stay with us. Our biggest focus is in the service area and most days we do it well. However, it seems that we fell short during your stay, and when such event happens we hope to learn from it. This is why your feedback is invaluable to us. Again, thank you!! Wishing you a wonderful holiday season and a very Happy New Year!

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

We loved the 1960’s feel throughout. We had a quiet room which was nice. Pool area fun. Breakfast is like eating in a very cool diner. Lobby area very artsy and chic. Party area very cool. Location great.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

RJ D

So amazing to hear you enjoy our property in all aspect. Art is a huge part of who we are and we love sharing our space with like-minded people!!! come back and visit us again soon. Until then... Happy New Year!

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I am really amazed with all the reviews I read on here and want to share my experience:

Is the building all new state of the art, no!
Is the building picture perfect, no!

However

This is an iconic Hollywood landmark and is not a Four Seasons by any means, however if you are a traveler that appreciate service over anything, you would love this hotel. Seldom, I have experienced a Hotel like the Standard, Hollywood where I feel home. The team that works here are, cool, fun, interesting and have a great sense of humor and more importantly, they are there for their guests, they enjoy what they do unlike many of the other hotels in the area.

Yes the rooms are older (yet I love this retro design feel)

yes you hear the room above you (put earplugs in)

yes there is no gym (there is one even bigger than any hotel gym around the corner that you can use)

I come back here, over and over because I feel at home, relaxed and always have the best time. Great crowds at the pool and always interesting hotel guests I am surrounded with.

The place is not for everyone but def in my top fav hotel list.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

euro7999

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! We love you too. Come back and see us again soon.......... your Standard family awaits! Wishing you a wonderful 2018!

Reviewed 4 October 2017

This hotel is just weird, our experience was not very good at all. Room wasn't ready on time, so we were sent outside for a free drink. Not so bad? But after sitting there for an hour & a half, nobody bothered to come & tell us the room was ready. Had to work that out for ourselves. Then the room keys they issued us didn't work. Then, there was no safe in the room, so I rang the desk, they said there was one & would send someone up to show us where it was, they couldn't find one either. They advised us they would send up the engineer to bring us a safe. After an hour of waiting, I ring the desk again. They forgot to ring & tell us the engineer wasn't coming & they would send someone up to collect our valuables & put them in their safe. I was not prepared to hand over our passports, cash etc to just anyone. I said I will accompany you to your safe. Yep you guessed it suddenly they couldn't put it in their safe. Luckily we had friends staying at the same hotel & we were able to use their safe. I demanded to be moved to another room with a safe. So they moved us the next day, had trouble with one of the keys again & the toilet wouldn't stop running. They did fix it though on request.
Definitely would not recommend this one. Had a Backpackers feel about it too.

Room Tip: Pool view would be better. But this Hotel is weird & very alternative. not that theres anything wrong with that.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple