“Cosy retreat”

San Vicente Bungalows
spain
“Cosy retreat”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Rooms are cosy and well equipped.
Service is good. Pool is heated but they dont let you swim after midnight.
Peaceful and green garden and patio. Just of main street in west hollywood.
Internet doesnt reach all the rooms and its not free. They also charge for parking.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank markr27

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I read the reviews and had mixed feelings but decided to take a gamble and was certainly glad that I did. I wanted to stay in a place where I could walk to Whiskey a Go Go and Rainbow Grill as that was where I was meeting friends. I had an easy check in and parking for my car. My room was huge with living room and bedroom. It was clean and very comfortable. The pool was really nice. The atmosphere was nice. The staff were very polite, friendly and helpful. I was unsure about it being an optional clothing Inn but there was nothing out of the ordinary. Even though I am straight I was totally comfortable with my surroundings - that honestly wouldn't bother me anyways. I didn't see any 'sketchy' people around at all. It was a gem in the heart of West Hollywood. I love the style of the bungalows - makes your room seem very private and separate.

I felt I got a really good value for my money. Surrounding hotels would have cost twice as much and San Vicente Inn gave me that relaxed beachy kind of tropical feeling. I love the staff as they were so pleasant to talk to. I needed an extra hour upon checking out and they told me no problem. So bottom line... I definitely will be returning and next time for a longer period :)

Room Tip: If you are a little conservative I would ask for a room away from the pool. I had a room at the fron...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank wolfsong88
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Very Enjoyable time. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The facilityb was kept neat and clean. The pool is very nice as it is fresh water and not one filled with chemicals. It was a very enjoyable time.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Michael S
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I travel to Los Angeles sporadically for business but hadn’t been for several years. I always add a weekend on to the trips for fun. Way back when, some 11 or so years ago, I had stayed at the San Vicente Inn and recalled that I’d really enjoyed it. Like really….enjoyed myself. So I had a trip to LA in August and thought I’d spend the weekend at the San Vicente again. I checked TripAdvisor and saw all the horrible reviews and had second thoughts. But I also did some Googling and found that the place had recently been purchased by a new owner so maybe things were better. I decided to go for it and I’m glad.

Now…some things that must be known if you’re staying here. First, it’s in a gay neighborhood, if that bothers you then go elsewhere. Second, it’s a gay oriented place, if the last bit of information bothered you this bit surely will. Of course, these are the reasons that I chose to stay. Also know that it’s not the Ritz, or the Sheraton. It’s not a hotel. It’s a very cute collection of old bungalows surrounding a pool garden area. The bungalows have rooms of varying types – some that share bathrooms some with private bathrooms. Oh…and it’s clothing optional. And you may witness some….friskiness….among other guests. And it can be a little “cruisy.” (Also there was a female or two around. The last time I stayed here that wouldn’t have happened. So a bit disappointed in that.)

My room was fine. It was clean, a comfortable bed, a window air conditioner. There’s not a ton of furniture but that’s OK. The bathroom was a bit dated but, again, it was clean and perfectly fine. The TV was fine as well.

The staff here is very friendly and very helpful. I had no issues with them and they answered questions for me without hesitation.

The pool was great. I enjoyed a swim late at night (sans clothing) and it was very nice. I also enjoyed meeting some of the other guests.

And the big thing is the location which is perfection. Right off Santa Monica in the heart of West Hollywood. Easy walking to all the gay bars, good restaurants, Sunset Strip (if that’s your thing).

All in all I would recommend this place. It’s fun, good location, has parking and the price point is great. I gave this place high ratings because it lives up to what it is and claims to be. Again – this is not a luxury hotel, or even a typical moderate hotel. If that’s what you like or want then you will not like this place.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank crsofa1
Manhattan Beach, California
Reviewed 27 August 2013

The potential is here, but the rooms themselves are a real let down. Dirty and dated. Odd crowd of all ages, but not particularly eager to meet. Sketchy guy was escorted off property, so that was a releif. Probably won't return.

Room Tip: ask for a remodeled room. they are doing some work.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank John S
Madrid
Reviewed 21 August 2013

If you are expecting an exclusively a gay men’s resort, this is not the place as there were nearly 30% women guests and a straight old couple, which can be uncomfortable if you want to be nude and use the Jacuzzi or the pool like that.
If you are looking for relax, this is not the place. Most of the days, people were talking out loud by the pool, even at 3-4 AM. Actually our last day, three girls took in some straight friends and were practically screaming drunk in the pool until 4 AM, and nobody from the inn paid attention to them, and they didn’t do so the night before. So it was very hard to sleep.
If it is not guests, it is going to be either the AC or the refrigerator that will prevent you from sleeping, as they are old and make awful noises.
The drink vending machine is nearly empty all the time.
The Jacuzzi is so hot most of the times that is hard to use it.
There is no table in the room, or space for the lap top, and no place in the bathroom to put your toiletry bag.
No swimming pool towels so you have to use the room towels.
The floor is so rundown that looks dirty.
The internet didn't work for three of the six days we stayed.To be true, they tried hard to solve the problem.
The rest was ok, and the staff is kind, especially a very nice Ecuadorian man in the front desk.

Room Tip: Never take a room by the swimming pool.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Traysweber73

Travellers are raving about these West Hollywood hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 22 July 2013

If you aren't too particular and want a cheap place to stay in a great location, San Vicente Inn is the place for you. My room was bug free however it didn't seem very clean i.e. dirty fridge, built in cabinetry and the bathroom was dated. The bedding was well used and the top sheet had a red stain on it (was it blood?). I just removed it, leaving it for the housekeeper and inspected the other sheets. I enjoyed the beautiful pool and deck area with greenery and flowers in the middle of the inn. All in all, it was a pretty comfortable place and I felt pretty safe behind the gate. You can't beat the location... a half block from the bars and shops on Santa Monica blvd and a longer walk in the other direction on San Vicente, up the hill to Whiskey A Go Go on Sunset blvd.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo