San Vicente Bungalows
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Petit Ermitage(West Hollywood)
  • Pool
Le Montrose Suite Hotel(West Hollywood)
  • Breakfast included
Kimpton La Peer Hotel(West Hollywood)
  • Pool
Le Parc Suite Hotel(West Hollywood)
  • Restaurant
Chamberlain West Hollywood(West Hollywood)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Beverly Terrace(Beverly Hills)
  • Breakfast included
Alta Cienega Motel(West Hollywood)
Sunset Marquis(West Hollywood)
All reviewscontinental breakfasteasy accesspooljacintosunset
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Rooms are cosy and well equipped.
Service is good. Pool is heated but they dont let you swim after midnight.
Peaceful and green garden and patio. Just of main street in west hollywood.
Internet doesnt reach all the rooms and its not free. They also charge for parking.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank markr27
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I read the reviews and had mixed feelings but decided to take a gamble and was certainly glad that I did. I wanted to stay in a place where I could walk to Whiskey a Go Go and Rainbow Grill as that was where I was meeting friends. I had an easy check in and parking for my car. My room was huge with living room and bedroom. It was clean and very comfortable. The pool was really nice. The atmosphere was nice. The staff were very polite, friendly and helpful. I was unsure about it being an optional clothing Inn but there was nothing out of the ordinary. Even though I am straight I was totally comfortable with my surroundings - that honestly wouldn't bother me anyways. I didn't see any 'sketchy' people around at all. It was a gem in the heart of West Hollywood. I love the style of the bungalows - makes your room seem very private and separate.

I felt I got a really good value for my money. Surrounding hotels would have cost twice as much and San Vicente Inn gave me that relaxed beachy kind of tropical feeling. I love the staff as they were so pleasant to talk to. I needed an extra hour upon checking out and they told me no problem. So bottom line... I definitely will be returning and next time for a longer period :)

Room Tip: If you are a little conservative I would ask for a room away from the pool. I had a room at the front of the Inn and it was quiet... there was nobody on either side or above me.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank wolfsong88
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Very Enjoyable time. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The facilityb was kept neat and clean. The pool is very nice as it is fresh water and not one filled with chemicals. It was a very enjoyable time.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Michael S
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I travel to Los Angeles sporadically for business but hadn’t been for several years. I always add a weekend on to the trips for fun. Way back when, some 11 or so years ago, I had stayed at the San Vicente Inn and recalled that I’d really enjoyed it. Like really….enjoyed myself. So I had a trip to LA in August and thought I’d spend the weekend at the San Vicente again. I checked TripAdvisor and saw all the horrible reviews and had second thoughts. But I also did some Googling and found that the place had recently been purchased by a new owner so maybe things were better. I decided to go for it and I’m glad.

Now…some things that must be known if you’re staying here. First, it’s in a gay neighborhood, if that bothers you then go elsewhere. Second, it’s a gay oriented place, if the last bit of information bothered you this bit surely will. Of course, these are the reasons that I chose to stay. Also know that it’s not the Ritz, or the Sheraton. It’s not a hotel. It’s a very cute collection of old bungalows surrounding a pool garden area. The bungalows have rooms of varying types – some that share bathrooms some with private bathrooms. Oh…and it’s clothing optional. And you may witness some….friskiness….among other guests. And it can be a little “cruisy.” (Also there was a female or two around. The last time I stayed here that wouldn’t have happened. So a bit disappointed in that.)

My room was fine. It was clean, a comfortable bed, a window air conditioner. There’s not a ton of furniture but that’s OK. The bathroom was a bit dated but, again, it was clean and perfectly fine. The TV was fine as well.

The staff here is very friendly and very helpful. I had no issues with them and they answered questions for me without hesitation.

The pool was great. I enjoyed a swim late at night (sans clothing) and it was very nice. I also enjoyed meeting some of the other guests.

And the big thing is the location which is perfection. Right off Santa Monica in the heart of West Hollywood. Easy walking to all the gay bars, good restaurants, Sunset Strip (if that’s your thing).

All in all I would recommend this place. It’s fun, good location, has parking and the price point is great. I gave this place high ratings because it lives up to what it is and claims to be. Again – this is not a luxury hotel, or even a typical moderate hotel. If that’s what you like or want then you will not like this place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank crsofa1
Reviewed 27 August 2013

The potential is here, but the rooms themselves are a real let down. Dirty and dated. Odd crowd of all ages, but not particularly eager to meet. Sketchy guy was escorted off property, so that was a releif. Probably won't return.

Room Tip: ask for a remodeled room. they are doing some work.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo