“only if you are looking for something in West Hollywood”

San Vicente Bungalows
New York City, New York
“only if you are looking for something in West Hollywood”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

So I'll start with the location, if you are looking for something in West Hollywood that would be the place for you. There are many clubs, bars and restaurants in the area and it's fairly close to Beverly Center if you are into shopping. It's centralize in WeHo and cheap.

I stayed in two different rooms and both were ok, big enough. Though the shower needed a redo. They provided me iron when i needed.

The breakfast includes coffee and some croissants which you can eat by the pool and it's nice.

The pool is nice if you want to finish your day in a nice chilled swim, though when there are more than 4 people at the pool, it feels lil bit too much.

The place charge extra $10 for resort fee and internet which doesn't work; I stayed there for more than a week and the internet didn't work at all. I kept hearing from them "yesterday someone came to fix the internet"/"tomorrow someone is coming to fix the internet", when i asked for my money back "the resort fee" the claimed that it also covers the pool and the "resort" (what resort? where resort? No Jacuzzi. No Sauna. No gym. resort?).

If i go back to LA and look for cheap place in that area, I'd probably stay there again because at the end of the day it is cheaper than many other places, but If you are not into the area, I would recommend Santa Monica as great area to say at or some parts of Venice beach.
If you do get there, just try not to have expectations and you will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank ido8all

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

The room we booked online was not the room we received when we got there. My partner and I were presented with a small dog-box room which was not ensuited. We has to share a dirty unkept bathroom with 2 other rooms.
The bed in our room was small and uncomfortable, had cigarette burns in the blanket, and 2 small thin pillows. Our room was surrounded by 3 similar rooms whose tenants were loud and inconsiderate at all hours of the day, which is certainly not ideal when you've just arrived in LA after a 13 hour international flight.

Would definitely not recommend staying here!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Andrew D

Travellers are raving about these West Hollywood hotels

San Diego, California
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Okay, it's really hard to decide between 3 or 4 stars since there's a lot of factors going into the decision. We planned to drink in WeHo on St Patty's weekend, and I decided that I had better book a hotel. When I looked at what was available, I found most places to be expensive, or horribly reviewed. I ended up booking the cheapest room at San Vicente for about $120 that weekend.
We arrived in the evening and decided to pregame at the room. I had read the inn used to allow nude swimming, and it was kind of disappointing to find that policy had changed. As other have stated, the one charming thing about the inn is the area around the pool. They charge for parking, and I think it's a bit ridiculous; especially since it costs more than I pay to park near the clubs... The staff on duty was not notably friendly or unfriendly. The room was very plain and simple, the window was sealed shut, and the bathroom was just down the hall. The only time I spent in the bathroom was holding my friend's hair, so I didn't notice its cleanliness really.
The location can't be beat. The clubs are just a few minutes walk down the street. And that is the one reason why I have to say that I will probably stay here again in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stayed here in late March for one night and I have to say the price was very reasonable for a hotel in West Hollywood. However we both agreed that if we had been staying more than one night we would have packed up and gone to another hotel. While the courtyard is very charming, the rooms leave a lot to be desired. A simple coat of paint would go along way...also was not convinced about the cleanliness of the room. The bathtub was pretty disgusting, but hey it was one night and we made do.

The hotel owner seems to be more focused on preventing any nudity at the pool than keeping the place up - there were numerous signs advising that nudity was not allowed (not that it was an issue for us).

We had to depart the hotel at 7;00 am as we had a fairly early flight out of LAX and had to contend with rush hour traffic - and breakfast is not available until 08:00! We could not even get a coffee before leaving. How difficult it is to brew a pot of coffee for guests who have to leave early?

Hotel seems like it was probably quite nice awhile ago - but now is just Faded Glory.

Room Tip: Book another hotel!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank LauderdaleBud
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here while I recovered from my nose surgery. Having spent a lot of money on my procedure I did not want to spend a fortune on my hotel. I picked this Hotel for the location and price. The hotel staff is very sweet and discreet and very understanding. And this was only a few minutes from my doctors office. Room okay, poolside courtyard beautiful and quiet. Great coffee and muffins in the morning. Felt like home away from home and was a great recovery place for me. Happy to come back again if in west Hollywood.

• Stayed April 2014
Elgin
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Very disappointed to check in and realize the hotel is not gay anymore. The pool closes at midnight, jucuzzi and steamroom closed and there were 6-8 small dogs running around and barking by the pool. We had a poolside room and were told we couldn't play music without our earbuds in??? We were tempted to check out and just go to the Ramada down the street.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Gymcoach28
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

we were pleasantly surprised. you cant beat the price and location and the place really has a lot of charm. free breakfast every morning was a nice touch. coffee was really good!!! better than starbucks!!!! the rooms are pretty basic, but clean and great beds. the pool and gardens are really cool. i felt like i was back in Hollywood in the 40's. nice to see its mixed with straight and gay people (some of the old reviews made it sound more gay), but i think they recently did a big renovation because its a lot nicer than the old reviews describe. i def recommend this place. best deal in town- especially for this location!

Stayed March 2014