“Thank you for the consistent get away”

San Vicente Bungalows
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I come stay at San Vicente Inn/ bungalows when I work in the area. The new changes that many people have spoken of in their reviews are true. However I think the changes are mostly positive and the charm and character still remain. This is not your run-of-the-mill hotel and is quite intimate, comfortable ,casual, and personable just like the staff.
The front desk staff especially Corey and Jeff, have always been so accommodating and nice.I enjoyed conversation and they make certain that I always get the room or rooms that I enjoy most. That type of hospitality is rarely found in hotels or guest houses anymore these days and I would just like to say if you want to have a comfortable stay without all of the pretense then please come and enjoy yourself just like I have.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank DModel

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This former bathhouse/ drug den is under new ownership and has been given a makeover by the owner of other well known hotels (such as the Sunset Towers). Rather, the makeover is still in progress so you will have to forgive some problems they haven't quite gotten to yet and excuse the workers who are doing their best to get there. They work very quietly when possible, so they really weren't a bother to us. I just wish they had fixed the steps to our room before our arrival as they were very wobbly and scary! I know they're getting there though as they were replacing some of the decking during our stay. Anyway, this place was a bargain with a very relaxing and luxurious feel to the common areas and a perfectly heated pool (I could have stayed in the pool all day). The rooms are small and sparsley appointed but you will want to be out by the pool so it's not a problem. The only issue we had with the room itself was there was no counter or shelf in the bathroom and the pedestal sink had a slight slope to it so there was absolutely nowhere to set your toiletries. Hopefully, that will be corrected before our next stay but we'll be return customers whether that happens or not.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room that has been updated and ask for a tub, if you want one.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christine W
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The staff was refreshingly friendly and helpful. Jacinto who booked my room was very gracious and accomodating. A young man named Corey also went out of his way to make sure I felt welcome and was very responsive to all my needs, questions and requests. With motel staff like this, I will be sure to return.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Larry N
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My partner and I stayed here back in '07 and '08, then it was a gay clothing optional resort. When we arrived here on 6/27/14, we were informed that it was no longer clothing optional and then in the morning we found out that it was no longer a gay resort either, but more family oriented instead. If you were to search the hotel on google, you would find that it still is.
There was an article written by NYT that is framed in the courtyard, according to it, the owner spent $3 million in renovating it. Neither one of us could see very many of the improvements that he had made. There is a brand new television in our room, and he did put new benches up in the courtyard, and some fresh greenery. However there is still a lot that he did not do, the bed needs replaced, the floors need new laminate flooring, and other things.
This is in a prime location, and the staff is very helpful and knowledgeable, they recommended many good things for us to do, and a lot of good restaurants as well. Thank you Corey for all the help this week!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank William M
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My partner and I had stayed here twice 6 and 7 years ago respectively. And it was great. This time not so much. If a potential guest were to search on Google or Yahoo! or whatever search engine they may prefer, they would see that this is a gay clothing optional resort. That is no longer the case. The resort is no longer gay only, it is now a mixed clientele, but it is still gay friendly, and it is no longer clothing optional. We even saw a child here at one point, that was a little strange!
The resort is beautiful, there is a wonderful garden. It's very close to Santa Monica Blvd. shopping. Lots to do in the area. The staff are all friendly, Corey was very helpful in directing us to nearby attractions and what was going on at night at various clubs.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rick L
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed here in 2000 for a few nights. I had heard about it before, but had to experience it. Great location, very close to the nightlife that is WEHO. and within walking distance of the Pacific Design Center among other things.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2014

A friend and I recently stayed at the San Vincente Inn for it's location in West Hollywood. The location is good and we were able to walk to most of our destinations and the Inn had a secure place for us to park our car. There is a new owner to this Inn and they are working on restoration. Unfortunately, we received a room that had a bathroom that was quite disgusting. The tub floor was black with wear and grime, the grout between the tiles on the walls and floors was black in areas and the toilet tank lid was cracked. We saw an identical room next door to us that had a completely remodeled bathroom and according to those hotel guests, they were paying the same price we were. We talked with management and they adjusted our bill. However, I never thought they should have been renting this room in the first place. Staff were professional and kind.

Room Tip: Make sure you look at room J bathroom before you stay here or ask for a room that has been completel...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank jchesterw
Matina L, Manager at San Vicente Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear JChesterW:
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us in May. SInce then the bathroom renovations have been completed and we look forward to welcoming you back. So glad to hear our staff were very professional and kind.
Regards,