“Awesome place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of San Vicente Bungalows

San Vicente Bungalows
“Awesome place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Carlos was great! Very nice and accommodating. Kept me and my friends entertained during downtime at the hotel. I would return the next time I visit. I loved the continental breakfast. It was delicious.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

After having a horrible experience at another hotel in West Hollywood, and dealing with employees who don't know the meaning of customer service, it was a relief to find a nice hotel with employees who care. It was truly a surprise to see how welcoming and relaxing the San Vicente Bungalows are as you walk in. We had heard some negative reviews about the location, which is why we were skeptical to book a room here at first, but from the get go we were proven wrong. We were greeted with a smile by the person working the front desk at night, Shaun. He was very helpful in showing us where our room was, and even offered to park our car in their parking lot so that we wouldn't get a ticket. West Hollywood parking is a nightmare. Being we had a late checkin, and that they stop serving alcohol at 2am, he advised us on the best places to go so that we weren't wondering around wasting time.

Our first night in LA consisted of arguing with employees from a hotel who don't know what they're doing. Forcing us to switch hotels, which in the long run actually saved our trip. We also want to thank Shaun for showing us hospitality, and suggesting a few places to check out during our visit in LA. Next time we take a trip out to LA we definitely plan on staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank bribri26
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

My wife and I originally booked this bungalow for 1 night. As soon as we walked onto the grounds and into the room, we immediately booked it for a 2nd night. It was so peaceful, you'd never know you were in the heart of WeHo. The staff was friendly, accomodating and real pleasant. We only regret they were completely booked up and we could no longer stay there. Nice chaise lounge chairs surrounded by bamboo and a refreshing little pool that everyone seemed to enjoy. The Whiskey A Go Go is just a block up the street as well as convenient shopping and restaurants. May we suggest Amarone Italian near The Whiskey if you stay here.

Room Tip: We managed to get a suite through Expedia for $165.00. Best bargain ever.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Phoenix
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I came into West Hollywood and stayed at the bungalows on a recommendation from another friend. She told me I would love the gardens the pool and the staff not to mention the rooms were very reasonably priced.
We were close by to all the bars and clubs in West Hollywood as well as Sunset which made it all the more fun.
The staff were very friendly and very helpful. Cory, who checked us in and gave us directions to all the hotspots and Jeff who works the night made sure that we made it in safe because I forgot my key to my room. There was someone on staff at all times and they seem like they couldn't do enough to help make our stay more enjoyable.
I will recommend this place to all of my friends and anyone interested in having a good time in a relaxed environment at a reasonable price thank you guys! Lana

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Jsuna
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

i had a really nice experience in thos bungalows i will recoment everybody to come here and obviosly i will come back ,i really aprecciate how good and helpful they are. thank you Carlos and Jacinto you are so great.

Room Tip: any of them are good.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Palm Desert
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I come stay at San Vicente Inn/ bungalows when I work in the area. The new changes that many people have spoken of in their reviews are true. However I think the changes are mostly positive and the charm and character still remain. This is not your run-of-the-mill hotel and is quite intimate, comfortable ,casual, and personable just like the staff.
The front desk staff especially Corey and Jeff, have always been so accommodating and nice.I enjoyed conversation and they make certain that I always get the room or rooms that I enjoy most. That type of hospitality is rarely found in hotels or guest houses anymore these days and I would just like to say if you want to have a comfortable stay without all of the pretense then please come and enjoy yourself just like I have.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank DModel
Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

This former bathhouse/ drug den is under new ownership and has been given a makeover by the owner of other well known hotels (such as the Sunset Towers). Rather, the makeover is still in progress so you will have to forgive some problems they haven't quite gotten to yet and excuse the workers who are doing their best to get there. They work very quietly when possible, so they really weren't a bother to us. I just wish they had fixed the steps to our room before our arrival as they were very wobbly and scary! I know they're getting there though as they were replacing some of the decking during our stay. Anyway, this place was a bargain with a very relaxing and luxurious feel to the common areas and a perfectly heated pool (I could have stayed in the pool all day). The rooms are small and sparsley appointed but you will want to be out by the pool so it's not a problem. The only issue we had with the room itself was there was no counter or shelf in the bathroom and the pedestal sink had a slight slope to it so there was absolutely nowhere to set your toiletries. Hopefully, that will be corrected before our next stay but we'll be return customers whether that happens or not.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room that has been updated and ask for a tub, if you want one.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends