Petit Ermitage
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$311
US$300
  • Breakfast included
Le Montrose Suite Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$333
US$240
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Sunset Tower Hotel(West Hollywood)
US$470
US$456
  • Pool
Chamberlain West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$333
US$278
  • Restaurant
Palihouse West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$388
  • Restaurant
Andaz West Hollywood(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$311
  • Pool
Grafton on Sunset(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$232
US$462
US$450
  • Breakfast included
Le Parc Suite Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$251
US$243
Chateau Marmont(West Hollywood)
US$781
1,138 results
All reviewsrooftop gardenboutique hotelsalt water pooljunior suitelos angelessanta monica blvdquiet streettucked awaysmall hotelhollywood hillsresidential areasunset stripvalet parkinglounge areahotel guestsfavorite hotelmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 January 2014

To start, this old world charm, boutique hotel is something to look at. When I first heard that it was a converted apartment building, I had my reservations, but once I got there, was pleasantly surprised. To start, the valet attendants were excellent with their quality customer service. It was New Years Eve, so the front desk was understandably chaotic. So with that, I'll ignore the fact that I was not told anything about where anything in the hotel was (i.e. restaurant, pool, etc). The lady at the front desk was nice but a bit overwhelmed. I then walk into my room and really enjoyed the colors and layout of my Master Junior Suite. They did an excellent job with these rooms/bathrooms. Now my next experience is the only reason why I ranked the hotel very good vs excellent. When I made my dinner reservations I was not told that the restaurant would only have a fixed menu (at $125.00 pp mind you). I was told, however, that I would have to make a reservation one hour prior to my desired time because they were booked, although when we arrived there was only one other couple there. So it was rather embarrassing to be seated to only have to leave minutes later. It had nothing to do with the price, we just were not interested in that particular fixed menu. The waiter's response was "don't you know that's how it is?" and walked away. Minutes later, I guess the Manager came over and tried to be accommodating but in my opinion, was not as sensitive to our situation as a Manager should be. So we walked with our tail between our legs past the "nosy" other couple and went for Italian food on Sunset blvd. I must say that the night was saved with the rooftop pool and very comfy blankets. They really came in handy on this cool evening. The crowd was nice, mature and "tame" for NYE and just offered an overall nice vibe. The neighborhood is also very nice, so we were able to sleep peacefully despite the fact that it was a "party night." Our rate allowed for us to have a complimentary breakfast, which in my opinion, for what I paid for just one night, maybe could have offered just a little more. It was bread, cheese, fruit, etc., with the choice of coffee or tea only. Not bad, but when paying over $500.00 for one night, a little more would have been nice, but they get an "E" for effort. The check-out process was seamless. I would go back and recommend it to others. My lesson learned and recommendation is to ask questions. It doesn't seem that everyone is trained to volunteer some important information.

Room Tip: Request a Master's Quarter's suite facing Cynthia Avenue. They are on the highest floor where the pool, bar and restaurant are, and have the better views of the Hollywood Hills. Otherwise, you may be stuck looking at the side of an apartment building.
1  Thank Rick D
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed here whilst working in LA for a week in Dec 2012 and couldn't fault it. Quirky boutique hotel with charming and friendly staff. Excellent cocktails and a roof terrace that is quite magical in the evening. Imagine if Hunter S Thompson had cross-pollinated with a Moroccan interior designer with a Jim Morrison fetish. Also the elegant nude literature brought a smile to my face.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We loved the ambience created by the "old world" decor, with leather as one of the elements, Erte (my favorite) as one of the artists represented, and the spaciousness of our executive suite at a fraction of the price of some of the surrounding hotels. Because my beloved husband snores, I have learned that having a larger room helps, if I'm to get any sleep! However, I didn't even need to use the pull out sofa bed, because the king size bed was so large and so comfortable, that I slept like a baby. I honestly don't know if he snored last night or not : ) We also had before dinner drinks and appetizers at the rooftop garden, and then breakfast there in the morning. The service was excellent as was the food. Our little romantic Christmas getaway couldn't be better! Kudos to the creator of this slice of paradise!

Room Tip: We had room #220 ; ), an executive suite. we didn't try the spa.
1  Thank magicpam
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Not sure when this former apartment building became a hotel, or when the over-priced restuarant became private and exclusive to guests or members only, but I do know when I lost all respect for this place: Christmas Eve.

Quick backstory: I live in West Hollywood, and have for the last decade. I've been to parties at this hotel, and have, myself, hosted a birthday weekend there as sort of a stay-cation. I found them to be snooty when I was a paying guest back in 2010, and had avoided it for some time.

This year, being trapped in LA for the holidays due to work, I wanted to do something different. I thought I'd give this place another try so I made a hotel and restaurant reservations in early December. I thought a nice dinner along with a swim and a fireplace mini-suite would be a cool way to do Christmas eve in town with my honey. The weekend before Christmas, we decided to focus on a getaway for New Year's Eve, so I cancelled (with more than 48 hours notice) our Christmas Eve hotel reservation. So, Christmas Eve rolls around and I realize we don't have dinner plans, so we call and check to see if our dinner reservations are still good. I figured not, because I am aware of their restuarant being private and for guests only. Well, maybe because it was the eve of a holiday and they weren't busy, we were told our dinner reservations are still active. Perfect.

We do dinner on the roof, which was ok at-best. Total dinner bill for 2 comes to $186.00. We pay and make our way back downstairs. The maitre' d fails to wish us goodnight, which i thought was odd, and we proceed to the front step to collect our car from the valet. It's at this point the maitre' d makes his way outside to stop us and ask us if we were members or guests. I explain the canceled hotel reservation but reconfirmed dinner reservations with the the phone call earlier in the day. He then "politely" reminds us that it's a private restaurant for guests or memebers only, it was his "fault for not checking my phone number in his system," and that we should make note we should not have been allowed upstairs for "future reference." I catch a glimpse of the hipster nitwit twins behind the front desk who are tittering as if this the first time this has ever happend. I mean, I can imagine the *horror* of non-member/non-guests dropping two bills on dinner for two must and how that have come as a true shock to them.

After the exchange on the front stoop, I go back inside to pay the valet fee (a totally reasonable $15). After watching the front desk ditzes avoid eye contact while I pay for parking, I decide to give the maitre' d a piece of mind. He's baffled about how I could have taken being reminded that I'm not allowed to eat at his restaurant as embarassing affront to customer relations, but I try to explain it to him anyway. He concedes it was his mistake because he didn't properly examine my credentials before granting access to his little roof-top valhalla. Maybe he was trying to save face in front of the pixie cut manager on duty. Maybe it was his first day on the job, and a screw up as catastrophic as this simply must be addressed on the spot.

Regardless of why, it is R I D I C U L O U S to follow a paying customer outside to tell them that "technically, you shouldn't have been allowed to enjoy that meal on Christmas Eve. Just wanted to let you know."

Did he think I purposely booked the hotel and then cancel the reservation just so I could eat at the restuarant? Was he affraid I was going to try to do it again? I'm really at a loss as to why this needed to be addressed in the manner in which it was.

To top it off, the MOD pixie cut chick inserts herself to remind me that the fact I just dropped $200 doesn't matter. "It's not about the money," she says, which yeah, for her, making that big front desk money, I'm sure.. and after thinking about it for a day, I think she's right, it wasn't about the money. It was about being embarassed in front of my boyfriend on christmas eve.

Uncessary snobbery, ugly carpets and if I remember the room decor from my stay in 2010 correctly, they really need to update asap.

Room Tip: The best room is at a different hotel.
8  Thank Alex H
Nico H, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Alex H.,
First and foremost I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write the above review. Furthermore I would like to express, how mortified I was reading your review and how you have all reason to be frustrated and upset with the way you have (or in this case have not) been made feel welcome at the Petit Ermitage.
Please accept my sincere apologies for what you have been through with us. I understand that our Liaison To Happiness/Concierge has already reached out to you in person. Hopefully you will give us another chance in the future, so that we can redeem ourselves for what was an extreme and isolated incident. Please rest assured that I have dealt with the situation accordingly.
Thank you very much again for your constructive feedback and a Happy New Year.
Nico H.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Reserved a one bedroom Master Suite months ago. Called me two days before arriving to tell me that there is "an issue" with the suite and we could not stay there. We scrambled and found a room at the London around the corner. PA did not tell us what the issue might have been about the room we reserved, but I can't imagine why whatever it was could not have been addressed within the two days before we arrived.

2  Thank Simonandfamily
Nico H, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear Simonandfamily, thank you very much for taking the time to submit a Tripadvisor review. This information is very helpful. First and foremost I would like to apologize sincerely for the way we have mishandled your reservation request and that you were left with no other option, but to stay at another Hotel. I have researched the issue and there is simply no excuse for this to have happened in the first place. I am hoping that you will give us another chance in the near future and afford us the opportunity to redeem ourselves. Sincerely, Nico H, General Manager.