“Charming experience: much more than a boutique hotel”
Review of Petit Ermitage

Petit Ermitage
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Milano, Italia
“Charming experience: much more than a boutique hotel”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at Petite Hermitage 4 nights on our way back to Italy. The service is superbe, the room are very nice and warm and the rooftop on four floor a unique place for breakfast, dinner and for a relax in the pool.
The food is excellent and we enjoyed every moment we spent there.
It is not a cheap hotel, but it worths every dollars.

Room Tip: Mid suites are a jewel, if you can afford a higher expense go for the suites
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PaoloPugni
Nicolas-James B, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Our goal is to provide a unique Experience to all of our guests, this is what we do best!
Our guests come back over and over because they feel right at home, I know that you will choose us again next time you visit LA. Just make sure to e-mail me.

Best,

nicolas@petitermitage.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Kerobokan, Indonesia
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We have spent a night there on July 31st.
From the amazing deco (retro vintage) to the service, everything was "wow".
Good valet service.
Attention to details is everywhere. Classic music playing in the room upon arrival, steamer at disposal for ironing a shirt, comfy bed, original and very good bath tub... Everything is this room was beautiful and efficient.
They even have a bikini for sale in the dressing room in case you do not have yours!
We also had a couple of cocktails on the rooftop, which is amazing. The French bartender was very professional and our cocktails made with a very good hand.
The pool, sofas, chairs, sunbeds, lamps and amenities on this Rooftop were just outstanding, view on the Hollywood Hills, so in the heart of everything.
Finally, we finished our stay with a lunch with 2 friends on the rooftop, and what a surprise. The Mediterranean cuisine was also amazing. The salmon tartare so smooth and tasty...
Well, there is no doubt that I will come back. We already have spread the word. And our friends living around already heard about this place without never got a proper review. It's done now.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BoucletteBali
Nicolas-James B, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Amazing review! Thank you so much for that.
E-mail me next time you plan a visit to LA as I would love to be your ally before, during and after your stay.

Looking forward to your future visit.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Great service. Beautiful hotel. Great location. Wonderful rooftop. The hotel is very artistic and has a lot of wonderful touches. The rooms have kitchenettes. The gym is not very useful at all but there are very good paid gyms nearby. Despite being close to the weho strip, the hotel is very quiet. It's an easy walk to sunset or Santa Monica blvd

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Vanps3
Nicolas-James B, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thanks for the review and for staying with us!

As you mentioned the location is great as our gem is nestled between tow major happening boulevards and the best part is that the hotel is quiet thus perfect for relaxing.

Petit Ermitage caters to the ones who want to live an experience while away from their home. Every guests I engage with describes Petit Ermitage as feeling like a home away from home thanks to our wonderful staff and incredible set-up. This is a must go to hotel when planing a visit to LA.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you need any future assistance with accommodations.

Best,

Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Truly a hidden gem. We were looking for a place that we could stumble home from a night on Santa Monica and we got so much more. The roof top pool, lounge restaurant were fantastic. The staff is friendly and welcoming. Our room was large and spacious. It came with a kitchenette, cute but we were not planning on cooking dinner. The half sized bottles of in room's bar was much nicer than the traditional "mini-bar". There was nothing mini about this room's libations. A must do. Suck it up and put out the $$$, it was worth it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert T
Nicolas-James B, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Robert,

It was great that you reached out to me directly before your stay with us. I am glad we were able to meet as well upon your check-in.
I told you you would not be disappointed with our little secret gem. Once you try our property you never want to stay anywhere else.
You have my cell phone and e-mail so continue contacting me with anything I may be able to assist with.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

from the moment you arrive i the lobby you can tell this is going to be a lovely hotel. The staff were very friendly. The room 612 was superb with a lovely with a great little balcony with a street view and just 20m from the pool on the roof.

We had dinner on the roof too, which was delicious, although a bit pricey, but watching the sun set over LA was a perfect end to the day... before we ventured out to the Laugh Factory comedy club.

Before you leave, use the toilet downstairs to the left of the reception - that alone is an experience!

Room Tip: stay on the 6th floor and get a balcony,
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jenkins79
Hello,

Thanks for the wonderful review. We do not have a 6th floor but I am going to assume you stayed in one of our Master Quarters room on our top floor which is on the 4th floor.
The food at Petit is delicious and is worth every penny in my opinion, we offer an amazing "petit dejeuner" as well every morning and a variety of fresh juices and other wonderful dishes.
I am glad you liked our bathroom downstairs, did you go to the ones on our rooftop as well? They are a lot of fun.
On your next visit to LA make sure to come back and stay with us. You may contact me directly with any requests you would like.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 19 July 2014

They have a unique beautiful design. The entrance, corridors, rooms are designed in detail. The restaurant and pool in the rooftop is very nice. Valet parking only. The hotel staff is very gentle. Very close to Santa Monica blvd and Sunset blvd.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Earibal
Nicolas-James B, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thanks Erkin!

Come back and visit soon. Make sure to e-mail me so that I can help you book your accommodations.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My boyfriend and I had a good time in Petit Ermitage, however it was not excellent due to several details:
Room was very nice, however the bathroom was not 100% ok, fan was not working that meant we have to leave the door open to avoid excessive humidity.
Also, the room was a little bit noisy. We could heard people walking in the aisle.
Room didn't have "do not disturb" label, and cleaners kept trying to get into the room. They woke us up several times.
On the other hand, staff were so friendly and nice, we just found them a little bit too relax, which resulted in service being a little bit slow.
Lovely roof garden and the restaurant is just beautiful.. It was my favorite place in the hotel.
We would stay again in Petit Ermitage just because I loved the roof garden and the restaurant.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MarthaMartinez1971
Nicolas-James B, General Manager at Petit Ermitage, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thanks for giving us a 5 stars review despite the few challenges you mentioned.
Just e-mail me next time you plan a visit so that I can help you with accommodations and so that I can upgrade you for the inconvenience you experienced.
I have worked in many hotels and one thing I can tell you is that our staff is nothing but friendly and gracious which is rare in LA.

E-mail me!

Beverly Hills
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Petit Ermitage? Share your experiences!