“Well located and good value”
Review of Petit Ermitage

Petit Ermitage
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
Reviewed 5 May 2009

This was the perfect location for West Hollywood - halfway between Sunset and Santa Monica Blvd. The street was quiet, but it felt safe to walk around.

The room was a good size, with a few steps separating a living area with sofa, desk etc. Everything was clean and comfortable, and on the couple of times we asked the staff for r advice, they were friendly and helpful.

I managed to get the room for a fairly decent rate through a comparison website, but the rack rate isn't so bad...

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Petit Ermitage

Reviewed 20 April 2009

Stayed 4 nights in this hotel on business, after reading reviews on here, and getting a really good deal on Hotels.co.uk. Firstly, what to expect -do not stay here if you are looking for a more generic "chain type" of hotel,and don't stay here if you also like hotels where the staff are asking if you need help all the time, this is not really that type of hotel.

If neither of the above are of great concern to you, then I can recommend this hotel 100% I stay in about 100 hotels a year on business, and this is the first time I have written a review of one of them, it was that good.

The location is great for West Hollywood, close to everything, but tucked away on a quiet side street, and is very unassuming from the street view. there is very little noise in the hotel, as hardly any traffic goes past it.

Check in was very straightforward, and I was quickly in my room. The room was very comfortable, with air con, a gas fire (handy on cooler evenings), and the usual mini bar, plasma TV etc. Bathroom was clean with a good shower and nice toiletries, and the bed was very comfortable, and free wifi is always nice -am often irritated by the process of having to pay extra for wifi. The decor/furniture/carpet were all really nice quality, again a bit different , but relaxing and tasteful in tone. The room was split level, which really made good use of the space, and made it feel more like separate areas,which was a nice touch.

Parking is under the hotel ( I got parking included in room rate, but think that was a special offer),and there is a lift from there. The pool on the roof is a really nice laid back place to end the day, or start your day by having breakfast, which I didn't do,but it did look inviting. There is plenty of seating up there, and I was able to do some work on the laptop as well.

I had several meals in my room, and the food was very good.

As far as I can gather this is an independent hotel, and it's always nice to support individual businesses I think, a final plus point for me!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2009

A fantastic property. A brilliant location (especially for the gay scene) located in a quiet suburban street (what a change in LA). The room was large and so well fitted out. The roof terraces were fantastic - the pool, the gardens, the bar, the open fire place: I could not have asked for more and will be returning.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2009

First of all, the hotel's web site does not do the hotel justice. After I checked in and went up to my room, I was completely surprised at the size of the room. It was bigger than what the web site's photos showed. The upstairs pool area and gardens, same thing. Beautiful gardens and wonderful vistas. The staff totally did everything to make my stay comfortable. The location is perfect. Walking distance to great shopping and fine dining and fun gay bars.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2009

These are the three best words I can use to describe my experience at Hotel Le Petit.

Location was perfect. Walking distance to everything I wanted. Great food nearby, nightlife, business destinations, and while I am in a vibrant area of West Hollywood the hotel is a block or so off Sunset, I felt that I had privacy and was perfect for a discretionary traveler such as myself.

Smart is what I am always looking for. Show me a hotel with amenities that make sense and they do these very well, then I am at home. Free WiFi, rooms decore was great, but the usefulness of my suite was what was smart. This was a former Condo building turned hotel from what I can see so the space was more than ample. The most intelligent thing in my opinion that a hotel can do is make sure the shower is well designed. No question, the Hotel Le Petit shower pressure and amenities were designed to perfection. When I start my day this is critical and on a scale of 10 they get an 11 for the shower!

Finally Lifestyle is something I need as I travel often. The breakfast with service attendant on the rooftop accompanied by a lush garden terrace just sends me a vibe. At night the rooftop pool with outdoor fireplace while I enjoy a glass of wine is the closure I need after a busy day. I am traveling to LA often these days from the East Coast and this is my new home. The Front Desk staff was very well trained as they referred to me by name and were very informative. Thank you Hotel Le Petit.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2009

Clean, lovely, very comfortable, rooms are cozy and decorated well, would definitely recommend it for the price and quality of service - it is a great value!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 25 January 2009

My wife and I just wanted a quiet affordable place to stay while we
were in L.A. We hit the jackpot,the staff were all sweethearts,
our room was wonderful and the location was perfect.
Anyone visiting L.A. do your self a favor and stay at
Hotel Le Petit.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Hollywood
The Hollywood Roosevelt
#17 of 352 in Los Angeles
Andaz West Hollywood
#4 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to Petit Ermitage? Share your experiences!