I just wanted to correct the review from Antni Finney with whom I travelled on to this hotel with. The bottles of water "kindly" offered to us at check-in, which we thought was a nice touch after a 10hr flight, were in fact, charged to our minibar bill at $7 a piece. No mention was made of this when we arrived, we were merely asked if we'd like a bottle of water after our long trip, which we felt was a great welcome to the hotel.
Had we rejected them if they'd told us we'd be charged for them...? No, we wouldn't but it would have been nice for them to be open/up front at the start, especially when you're tired from travelling.
I took a bottle out of the minibar during the stay so was shocked at check out when I was charged $14 for what I believed was one bottle of water. When I queried the minibar bill at the end of the stay, the lady who checked us out just smirked when I commented that that was quite steep for a bottle of water.
Everything else about the stay was great but a nice touch ended up leaving a bad taste in the mouth - time for a $2 bottle of water from the store down the road......!!
Room cleaning could have been a little better. The previous occupant of the room kindly left us a pair of socks in the wardrobe which the cleaning team had overlooked....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mondrian LA is a parallel universe of perpetual possibility. Rejuvenated by Benjamin Noriega-Ortiz, this luxury boutique hotel in the heart of West Hollywood captures everything the Strip stands for - excitement, invincibility and glamour. Entering Mondrian through its signature, thirty-foot mahogany doors, guests will find the recently expanded lobby, accented with hues of deep purple and complemented by custom-designed furniture, a Lucite indoor swing and a mushroom-inspired concierge desk. Complimentary high speed wireless internet access is offered in the lobby. Ivory On Sunset, a restaurant which is a collaboration with John Terzian of The h.wood Group, Built Inc. and Hakkasan Group, celebrates California cuisine and comfort foods to encourage diners to embrace the restaurant's communal philosophy, while our Lobby Bar serves a full cafe menu in the morning and small plates in the evening. Up in the sky, amid the clouds of Los Angeles, guests can enjoy the stunning view from our Skybar lounge, Los Angeles' mainstay for nightlife. Exxhibit Boutique, our gift shop, offers curated items tailored for the LA scene. Mondrian is located right on the Sunset Strip, close to Fox Studios, Paramount Pictures, Staples Center, Dodgers Stadium, Hollywood Hills, Santa Monica, Rodeo Drive and Getty Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Agoda, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel West Hollywood
- Mondrian Hotel West Hollywood