From the giant wooden doors at the entrance (complete with fans hoping to spot their favourite star) to the swing in reception, the giant plant pots and the best tv ever, this is a unique and extraordinary place standing out from the blandness of the average corporate greige hotel.
The Skybar must be visited at night, a great astmosphere and very chic although the vip 'rope on sticks' some people had in front of their tables made me laugh, still, I understand that a hotel of this calibre needs to cater to the whims and pretentions of certain guests. There is really no need for it though, the Skybar crowd are way too cool to faint at the sight of a famous movie star never mind a z lister, indeed you are likely to see some rather famous faces wandering about without being hassled and having a chuckle at those who rope themselves off!
I would recommend getting up early, grabbing your free coffee from the reception bar and enjoying a peaceful time lazing by the pool as you wake up.
The Mondrian is in the ideal location for everything, including great restaurants and nightlife.
The Mondrian staff are drop dead gorgeous, if this intimidates you it is your problem not theirs, every single staff member I encountered was delightful, exceptionally helpful and very down to earth. Special mention to the valet parking staff and the chap who took our luggage to our room, all absolutely charming, also the concierge who helped us with bus routes without batting an eye at our frugal choice of transportation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mondrian LA is a parallel universe of perpetual possibility. Rejuvenated by Benjamin Noriega-Ortiz, this luxury boutique hotel in the heart of West Hollywood captures everything the Strip stands for - excitement, invincibility and glamour. Entering Mondrian through its signature, thirty-foot mahogany doors, guests will find the recently expanded lobby, accented with hues of deep purple and complemented by custom-designed furniture, a Lucite indoor swing and a mushroom-inspired concierge desk. Complimentary high speed wireless internet access is offered in the lobby. Ivory On Sunset, a restaurant which is a collaboration with John Terzian of The h.wood Group, Built Inc. and Hakkasan Group, celebrates California cuisine and comfort foods to encourage diners to embrace the restaurant's communal philosophy, while our Lobby Bar serves a full cafe menu in the morning and small plates in the evening. Up in the sky, amid the clouds of Los Angeles, guests can enjoy the stunning view from our Skybar lounge, Los Angeles' mainstay for nightlife. Exxhibit Boutique, our gift shop, offers curated items tailored for the LA scene. Mondrian is located right on the Sunset Strip, close to Fox Studios, Paramount Pictures, Staples Center, Dodgers Stadium, Hollywood Hills, Santa Monica, Rodeo Drive and Getty Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel West Hollywood
- Mondrian Hotel West Hollywood