“Nice luxury moment”

Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 June 2013

This hotel was wery well situated (sunset bvd) but it's very difficult to find it !
We had a very pleasant stay in this luxury hotel. Swimming pool is very nice, view on LA is crazy and decoration is modern and arty.
We stayed in a standard king room which was beautiful and clean but very too small for the price (237$)
Breakfast was not included and also a bit expensive.
We had a great peaceful experience but prices are exaggerated

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Daniel G, Guest Experience Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2013

Hello Anneetsophie B,

Thank you for your great comment about your most recent stay here at Mondrian. The hotel is a little difficult to find, but for next time just look for the giant brown doors in front of our property. Come visit us soon. Cheers!

Reviewed 21 June 2013

We were treated to the luxury experience right from the moment we pulled up in our car. Bags whisked away and then check-in where we were first given some water and then upgraded to a fantastic room with a spectacular view of downtown LA in the distance. We loved our room - not a single thing we would have changed. We had a huge room with a super-deep sofa that I could sit in with a glass of wine and gaze out through the almost panoramic view.
The Sky Bar and pool were also amazing - sometimes got a bit 'over-populated' in the pool but the pool attendant staff were so professional and constantly attentive - scoping out those sunbeds that were being underused and they generally kept everyone happy. It's not everyday that you find you are swimming in a pool with members of the next up and coming boy-band!
The next time I'm in LA I will definitely want to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Hi NottyAshLondon,

Thank you for the fantastic comments about your most recent stay here at Mondrian. We would love to have you back. Visit us soon! Cheers!

Reviewed 20 June 2013

we arrived on the 6th of june from vegas on our honeymoon and were disappointed with the service in vegas. Instantly upon arrival at the modrian the service was exceptional, the check in clerk was extremely friendly, professional, and cool, we got offered a choice of room-smoking/non-smoking, Hollywood hill view/downtown view or the pool, I chose the downtown view on the 5th floor, the room was amazing with massive full size windows, cool furnishings and an excellent bed, cool t.v set-up, I pod dock etc, the view alone was outstanding(it made my stay).
I had a few excursions booked which needed confirmation via the phone so I visited the concierge(people struggle with my accent over the phone) I was introduced to 2 chaps(cant remember there names)but they were instantly friendly and helpful, nothing was a problem for them and they sorted out my calls and excursions in minutes with no fuss. they also gave me a l.a. guide for what was going on in june. on my last day I needed a call to sort out an airport transfer this was done by very friendly lady concierge, again nothing was a problem and even got the transfer company to email her the confirmation which she then emailed to me(excellent free Wi-Fi in hotel)
me and my wife had a meal in the hotels restaurant, now it is pricey but it was the best meal we ever had(seriously) we had a table looking out to the l.a. basin, exceptional service, the hotel gave us 2 free cocktails which were fantastic and added to the evening, the lobster mash is a must!!
the pool area is small but its a beautifull area and even better at night with the skybar and all the candles.
the skybar is cool, good music, great service and very reasonable prices considering the setting.

very clean hotel, very cool hotel, exceptional service and the location is so perfect no matter where you are going-no issues getting taxis and staff always at hand to advise.

A MUST STAY IN L.A

Room Tip: away from the sky bar/pool as very lively, good if your up for it but I would imagine it would be no...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi stewart m,

Thank you for the wonderful comments about your most recent stay here at Mondrian. All the views from our hotel are breathtaking. Please come visit us again and thank you once more for the comment. Cheers!

Reviewed 17 June 2013

This hotel has everything you wish for.
The rooms are big and quiet (at least those not facing sky bar) we stayed on the 8th floor with a view towards Chateau Marmount.

The location is also very central with a short taxi ride to the shops on Rodeo Drive.

From the sky bar you have a great view over LA. The sky bar is great for drinks and fun both day and night. The Mondrian also has the restaurant Asia de Cuba, we had dinner there twice during our stay.

Great for friend and couples.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Daniel G, Guest Experience Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Hello Line A,

Thank you for the lovely comments about your most recent stay here at Mondrian. Please come visit us soon. Cheers!

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Booked this hotel online and paid for a one bedroom suite. When i arrived they told me that they had overbooked the hotel and i would now be in a standard room. How does this happen???? the manager was nice but i didn't receive a discount or any compensation. I flew a long way to stay there, but never again. Very poor Mondrian

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jungleboy70

Hi Jungleboy70

Thank you for taking your time and posting about your most recent stay here at Mondrian. I am sadden to here that your trip wasn't up to Mondrian standards. If you decide to come visit us again. Please contact myself before hand and I would love to compensate you for the inconvenience. Here is my email which you can contact me (Daniel.gonzalez@mhgc.com). Thank you again.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Mondrian for 4nights as part 2 of our 3 week honeymoon. When we arrived we were greeted by a really nice lady on reception who congratulated us and up-scaled us to a larger suite on the 4th floor... We arrived into a massive room which in all fairness is beautifully decorated but not really practical. The room is so large and yet the bathroom was tiny... personally we didn't really like that when you showered there is see through glass in the shower right into the bedroom ..so very little privacy... also a bath would have been nicer in a suite.. sounds fussy but just thought there would have been bit bigger..They kindly had free bottle champaign delivered complimentary to our room which was such a lovely thought and greatly appreciated....
Now... dont get a room beside a lift.. this is a party hotel great if you want to party but we were still jet lagged from long haul flight and the noise after the late nite bar is closed is just crazy. We had to contact reception several times in one night it got so bad.. so stay far away from lift area... Not the hotels fault but not fair if you need sleep.

Bed is not comfortable at all very hard... location is very good near cafes, bars, restaurants so if you looking for fun-filled hotel with great location this is defo for you. The concierge were great so helpful the best I have seen in any hotel. The food was lovely, was expecting more with all the rave reviews it got, nice but wouldn't say it was the best I have ever had...

Issue - One of the evenings we arrived down to have a drink in the pool bar, and at the door was rudely informed by a lady (if you want to call her that) that the area was off limits due to some form of a concert promotion night, that there was a list for who was allowed in and that to go to the other bar as it was just as good, (the other bar is tiny its not a bar it has approx 8 stools thats it!! When we said we were staying in the hotel is rudely informed us she didnt care and could we not understand what she had just informed us...and to please leave immideately.
I had to bite my tongue, I had paid good money to stay here and to be spoken to in that manner disgusted me. we left the hotel and went for drinks elsewhere... I have not idea if she ignorant woman worked for hotel or not but she she learn how to be more polite... her hospitality has alot to be desired!!!!!!!!

Overall nice hotel to stay in, location great, food good, pool area fab and bar fab... worth staying here especially the hospitality cannot fault this...(*bar the issue above)

Room Tip: Dont get a room beside elevator, the noise at night is really bad if you want to sleep dont get one...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Daniel G, Guest Experience Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Hi DaFairy,

Thank you for taking your time and writing a pleasant comment about your most recent stay here at Mondrian. That's very unpleasant to hear that you had a issue at the bar during your stay. Next time you come visit our hotel email me directly (Daniel.gonzalez@mhgc.com) and I would love to take care of you for the incident you experience at the bar. Come visit us soon!

Reviewed 13 June 2013

We spent two fun nights in LA as part of our honeymoon. The Mondrian treated us like royalty. We stayed in suite #1022 with magnificent views of Los Angeles. The location of this hotel is ideal if you want to be in the center of all things fun and if you want to be able to walk to restaurants etc. The staff were friendly and the Skybar is a must visit if you enjoy watching people - and people watching you !! We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Get one of the suites on the top floors
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi dorispulitzer,

Thank you for the excellent comment about your most recent stay here at Mondrian. We love for you to come visit us in the near future. Thanks again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Hollywood
#9 of 19 in West Hollywood
Le Montrose Suite Hotel
Le Montrose Suite Hotel
#13 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel? Share your experiences!