“Contemporary, convenient, comfortable & friendly”

Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in West Hollywood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Wow, this place is fabulous for those that love contemporary design (which I do).

All staff was wonderful - and especially helpful when we made a couple of special requests (thank you front staff & reception)!

The room blew my mind with its modern décor and swivel TV! Their super comfortable bed was perfect.

The location is great for those that don't have a vehicle, as many restaurants are within walking distance.

The pool area / Skybar at night is especially gorgeous. What a wonderful atmosphere they created for hotel guests to have evening drinks. They even have special theme nights throughout the week.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Luis S, Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2015

Thank you aidapk for your feedback, it is very much appreciated.

There are newer reviews for Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I love the Mondrian. Very hip and unique. The outside pool area and Sky Bar are incredible and a nightly hot spot. My room was large and very comfortable. Modern furnishings, very bright, great view. Comfortable bed and work space. Great location for shopping and dining in west hollywood.

Room Tip: Ask about quiet rooms - mine was quiet and I was on the 4th floor. A friend was on the 1st and it wa...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Luis S, Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2015

Thank you LJ H for your great review.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stayed here for 3 days at the start of our honeymoon. The room was fantastic with a panoramic view of West Hollywood and Downtown. Great toiletries in the room and lots of lovely soft towels. Bed was mega comfortable. Lovely staff at reception - always asking if everything was OK. The pool bar was an experience and we enjoyed people watching one hot sunny afternoon.
Near to lots of restaurants and bars ideal for a short stay with everything you could possibly need.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you Sunseeker290657 for your great review.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I went away for the weekend for her 40th bday, and we decided on the Mondrian Hotel. The check-in process was friendly and efficient and our room was large and well-appointed. So far, so good. We next went down to the pool area to lay out. The music was good and the wait staff attentive. It was when we returned to our room to get ready for dinner that things started to go awry. The shower head had poor water pressure, which was probably due to a faulty gasket, as water was leaking from the head where it attaches to the pipe in the wall. Next, we noticed on the floor next to the waste bin an old french fry, and a pubic hair on the underside of the toilet seat. Before dinner, we stopped by the front desk to inform the staff that our room needed to be cleaned...again. He was very apologetic and offered us some drink tickets for the Sky Bar and a late check out, which was nice. The gentleman couldn't have handled the situation better. All in all, a good experience, but we probably won't stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
nicolas b, Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. First, I'd like to apologize. Your review is definitely concerning and I would like to discuss it further with you. Regarding housekeeping; the fact that the room was not up to standards is unacceptable,and secondly, very surprising. I have looked into this already and will continue to investigate until I can find a reason for this oversight.
We spend substantial time ensuring that the property and its guest rooms are fresh and clean daily. We are almost obsessed with ensuring that all of our guests find the property (both public space and rooms) to be in pristine condition at any given time. We update and refresh constantly as service and ambiance stand atop the list priorities at Mondrian.
If you do have plans to return to Los Angeles and change your mind about staying with us, please contact me at nicolas.black@mhgc.com. I would like to personally handle your next accommodations so as to give you the first hand example of what all of the well traveled and discriminating reviewers on this page are referring to.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed here for our first 3 nights of honeymoon - this is a cool hotel. A bit too cool for my husband and I but that doesn't mean we didn't enjoy ourselves tremendously!
The SkyBar is the ultimate in celeb spotting (if you are from the UK) - all the premiership football stars were staying when were there! Imagine my shock as I'm sunbathing and Ashley Cole saunters past!
To die for cocktails and lunches were fab by the pool. We ended up doing so little in LA but chilling round the skybar pool because it was just such a great spot for ppl watching and chilling out (what you need after organizing a wedding!).

Would definitely recommend staying here if you don't take yourselves too seriously - I say that, because if you do then you will end up feeling the need to "compete" with all the beautiful people around you instead of enjoying them!!!

Oh on the room, we were upgraded to a suite which was fabulous. We had a separate living room/bedroom and the wetroom was just fab!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
nicolas b, Manager at Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking time to give us the amazing feedback! I'm very happy to hear that all aspects of your stay were spot on. Congratulations on your honeymoon it seems like Mondrian turned out to be the perfect place to spend it for a few days!
Sky Bar is definitely the place to be when in town and you can always spot some celebrities.
I am not surprised to read that my team upgraded you to our one bedroom suite for your honeymoon, they are simply the best!
Do not forget to contact me next year to come and celebrate your 1st anniversary with us. You may e-mail me at nicolas.black@mhgc.com

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Skybar is one of the hottest spots with the finest views of Los Angeles and it is one of the greatest places to have a good time and mingle with a bunch of good looking people and it has been that way from the day they opened. Skybar is an open air, ivy-covered pavilion perched above the Pool and it is a part of the Mondrian hotel and Skybar's newly re-imagined design brings a fresh approach to this iconic space which makes this the best nightlife location in the whole of L.A. If you are one of the stars it is much easier to get into Skybar or if you are a guest of the hotel, as that entitles you to special access because it is really hard to get into Skybar if you’re not a guest of the hotel or you didn’t make reservation. You can find all sorts of people, preppy boys, wannabes, and celebrities on regular bases .the mix of people make it fun but that's only if you engage in the moment. Skybar is a timeless place and will remain that way as long as it maintains its fresh and simple look, dominated by shades of white and playful hints of yellow, with a wall of strawberry plants adorning the space

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Hello myweets,

Thank you very much for taking the time to return such an incredible review! It means a lot to us collectively . I will certainly share the entire review with the team.
Your description of Sky Bar could have not been any better! We work very hard to keep Sky Bar THE best place to go when out in the city and I am glad you experienced what we are all about.
Please feel free to reach out to me in the future. I am happy to have the opportunity to handle your future accommodations or visit at Sky Bar with us. You can reach me at nicolas.black@mhgc.com. I'm always available and happy to help our Mondrian friends.

Many Thanks,

Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel succeeds at being a trendy hipster hollywood boutique hotel that provides excellent personalized service. Young attractive staff well trained, professional and accommodating. Rooms feature Greta Garbo headboards mixed with a modern design. Impeccably clean. Concierge was very well versed at his job and the restaurants all white design added an elegant ambiance for dining. Excellent service from all the wait staff. They worked together to make you happy. Great breakfast daily with open air dining to the patio makes for a pleasant experience. Room service was quick and i got the feeling that all staff are trained to never say no. I ordered coffee before they opened to my room and got it without complaint. Later I learned free coffee is downstairs in the lobby till 9 am. but I enjoyed mine on my balcony overlooking the pool with a great view of downtown LA and the sunrise. From the moment we pulled up and was greeted by bellmen to the moment we left i felt they aimed to please. Pool area and skybar are sexy by day and night but classy and well managed to make this couple in their 50 s enjoy a drink around the very well behaved young crowd. I'd have no problem bringing children here either. They are a top four star and not a five only because they don't provide turndown services and a sundries shop would be nice if it were mixed in with the existing clothing shop. Not sure if they have a spa but they do have a gym which i didn't check out. This place draws people from the film music and fashion industry for meeting day and night. I loved the eavesdropping and trying to figure out who was MADE and who was an aspiring artist. My only complaint came on our last night when we ventured to a cozy couch for a nightcap on monday night poolside. While I was chatting with a lovely young women from Amsterdam, what appeared to be a blonde women who acted as the skybar management came over and told the young woman "hey, i cant have this here" waving her arms with much attitude. When I looked, she was referring to my husband who had his eyes closed and appeared to be dozing off. I was mortified and embarrassed. Surely she could have saved her street style bouncer attitude tactics and realize all types of people enjoy the fine lounge bar. Young and old do live there for a while. We frequent many five stars and this behavior would have never happened by any staff. I guess its an unacceptable classy club thing. The joke is it was so dark no one would have ever noticed the man in the corner and it was a calm monday night. She should work for the Standard hotel group that tries to emulate the Mondrian without success. I could have found a thousand better ways to speak to a hotel guest regarding a matter and be sure to address the guest and not the stranger. All in all, I would definitely go back. It is ideally located as well.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you Jnetta for your great review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Hollywood
#9 of 19 in West Hollywood
Le Montrose Suite Hotel
Le Montrose Suite Hotel
#13 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel? Share your experiences!